DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

56 minutes ago, Esteban Arias said:

Hello,

Any news from DAAD regarding the Phd scholarship?

Best regards,

Esteban A.

Hi Esteban,

The selection procedure is still on-going this week according to my DAAD strand representative. We'll be expecting results end of February or beginning of March. This is for PhD Research Grant 20/21

All the best,

Wilbert

8 hours ago, Wilbert ST34 said:

Hi Esteban,

The selection procedure is still on-going this week according to my DAAD strand representative. We'll be expecting results end of February or beginning of March. This is for PhD Research Grant 20/21

All the best,

Wilbert

Hi,

how about Master-students??  Is the selection procedure also for above Student? I mean, we’ll be also expecting results end of February or beginning of March????

will be glade, to revive any answers

Rawan

On 1/31/2020 at 11:16 AM, Abootaleb said:

Maybe we should call the DAAD center in Tehran and check which account is closer to the reality. For now I just hope that your account of the story prevails.

Hi, 

Based on the DAAD annual report, 166 PhD candidates from Iran received scholarship for personal funding in 2018!!! However, this year we preselected (70) out of 150 PhD candidates?   I get confused,, what does that mean?? Could you talk with DAAD representative in Iran? Many thanks 

5 hours ago, Javid said:

Hi, 

Based on the DAAD annual report, 166 PhD candidates from Iran received scholarship for personal funding in 2018!!! However, this year we preselected (70) out of 150 PhD candidates?   I get confused,, what does that mean?? Could you talk with DAAD representative in Iran? Many thanks 

Hi,

Where did you get that information? i don't think that more than half of the applicants were eliminated in the first round. Anyway, i try to reach them out as soon as possible and then share with you the information.

5 minutes ago, Abootaleb said:
5 minutes ago, Abootaleb said:

Hi,

Where did you get that information? i don't think that more than half of the applicants were eliminated in the first round. Anyway, i try to reach them out as soon as possible and then share with you the information.

Hi,
Please search the DAAD annual report 2018 in google to see this information. 
I am looking forward to hearing from you. In addition, I am happy to give your phone number to connect directly. 

15 hours ago, Rawo said:

Hi,

how about Master-students??  Is the selection procedure also for above Student? I mean, we’ll be also expecting results end of February or beginning of March????

Rawan

Hi Rawan,

Since there are more applicants in the master program, i think you'll get your result a little bit later than the PhD's. However, this is strand base - that means the field course you are applying for and your country of origin matters. Where are you from?

Best of luck,

Wilbert

On 12/30/2019 at 5:24 PM, Jcruzs3 said:

Hi! I applied for the Fine Arts, Design / Visual Communication and Film MA scholarship and have received a "preselection made" status update. Anyone else have received any other news after that? Does anyone know the process from here? Interview, etc.?

Thanks!

I have also applied for the Fine Arts, Design / Visual Communication and Film MA scholarship. Have you received any other info since preselection made status?
Mine also just changed to "preselection made"

Btw, what are you planning to study and what university?

On 2/4/2020 at 7:07 PM, Wilbert ST34 said:

Hi Esteban,

All the best,

Wilbert

Thank you for the info Wilbert! I'll be expecting the results then.

On 2/5/2020 at 6:52 PM, Wilbert ST34 said:

Hi Rawan,

Since there are more applicants in the master program, i think you'll get your result a little bit later than the PhD's. However, this is strand base - that means the field course you are applying for and your country of origin matters. Where are you from?

Best of luck,

Wilbert

Many Thanks Wilbert for your reply.

On 2/5/2020 at 6:52 PM, Wilbert ST34 said:

Hi Rawan,

Best of luck,

Wilbert

Hi,

i am from Afghanistan. My Portal status is still not changed. It’s just Acknowledgement of receipt? What r u thinking about? I think, it’s ur send time that u applied for DAAD-scholarship?

all the best

Rawan

21 hours ago, Greta Gonzaga said:

hello Carlos. i've uploaded my documents on the daad portal in January 13 and received the letter of award in feb 5. i think the procedure depends on the daad contact person you're assigned to. probably, you will receive the letter of award in the next few weeks.

congrats and hopefully, the others will have their results soon.

Hi,

the selection procedure is to different. I uploaded my documents on the DAAD Portal in the last week of August 2019. I wait about 6 mounts.dont know, what to do? The main Branch of DAAD in my Country is closed. 

Rawan

21 hours ago, Greta Gonzaga said:

hello Carlos. i've uploaded my documents on the daad portal in January 13 and received the letter of award in feb 5. i think the procedure depends on the daad contact person you're assigned to. probably, you will receive the letter of award in the next few weeks.

Congrats ????

On 2/6/2020 at 12:31 PM, CarlosgmPe said:

Hi Rawan,

I am from Peru and I applied to a MSc in TU Dresden, when they sent me the email for registering and uploading documents to the DAAD Portal, they said literally:

"If your online-application is complete and accepted by DAAD, your DAAD Letter of Award can be drafted and will be sent via the portal.
This procedure can take up to 20 days. Please also note that the DAAD portal will be the main instrument regarding the communication between you and your DAAD person in charge."

They sent me that email on Jan-30.

I hope this was useful, good luck!

Carlos

Hi, 

They sent me this email. Have a look at this.

EF3E6706-1AA5-4152-A642-F8F0C7AA2774.jpeg

On 2/5/2020 at 4:30 AM, Rawo said:

Hi,

Rawan

Hi Rawan,

I am from Peru and I applied to a MSc in TU Dresden, when they sent me the email for registering and uploading documents to the DAAD Portal, they said literally:

"If your online-application is complete and accepted by DAAD, your DAAD Letter of Award can be drafted and will be sent via the portal.
This procedure can take up to 20 days. Please also note that the DAAD portal will be the main instrument regarding the communication between you and your DAAD person in charge."

Carlos

10 hours ago, CarlosgmPe said:

Hi Rawan,

Carlos

14 hours ago, Diar said:

I have also applied for the Fine Arts, Design / Visual Communication and Film MA scholarship. Have you received any other info since preselection made status?
Mine also just changed to "preselection made"

Btw, what are you planning to study and what university?

Still on 'Preselection made' checking their website everyday! 

I applied for the digital narratives MA at Cologne Filmschule. What about you? Where are you from?

On 2/5/2020 at 11:38 PM, Javid said:

I did call them, but the secretary said that the information is classified and we cannot share it with you. By the way, thank you for sharing the annual report. However, I did not find the number you mentioned for the pre-selected candidates in the report. 

You can find me on Telegram by this ID: @abboti

See you soon

3 hours ago, Jcruzs3 said:

Still on 'Preselection made' checking their website everyday! 

I applied for the digital narratives MA at Cologne Filmschule. What about you? Where are you from?

Yeah same here, I got an acknowledgement in the DAAD portal saying this:
"A funding decision will be made at the selection meeting in February 2020 on the basis of the submitted documents. We will inform you of the outcome as a rule approximately within three weeks after the meeting in writing."

So we will probably get an answer in the beginning of April at latest.

I have applied at two universities actually, one of them is same as yours at Cologne Filmschule for the "3D Animation for Film and Games MA", the other one is Hochschule Darmstadt.
I am from Kosovo. What about you?

On 2/6/2020 at 7:16 PM, Rawo said:

Many Thanks Wilbert for your reply.

Hi,

i am from Afghanistan. My Portal status is still not changed. It’s just Acknowledgement of receipt? What r u thinking about? I think, it’s ur send time that u applied for DAAD-scholarship?

all the best

Rawan

Hi,

the selection procedure is to different. I uploaded my documents on the DAAD Portal in the last week of August 2019. I wait about 6 mounts.dont know, what to do? The main Branch of DAAD in my Country is closed. 

Rawan

Congrats ????

Hi, 

They sent me this email. Have a look at this.

EF3E6706-1AA5-4152-A642-F8F0C7AA2774.jpeg

Hi I have received similar mail last week, if is any update let me know please 

On 2/12/2020 at 1:27 PM, Dago 80 said:

I got similar email, however after February 2020 the wrote (results will be announced after March 8th, 2020 at the earliest). Last year by this time, I knew my application was rejected (my status changed so fast). I'm wondering why they are so specific this time. 

On 2/12/2020 at 4:57 PM, Dago 80 said:

Hallo Dago,

till now unfortunately didn’t get any new notification from DAAD - Portal. How about you?? 

Rawo

2 hours ago, Gyedu said:

I got similar email, however after February 2020 the wrote (results will be announced after March 8th, 2020 at the earliest). Last year by this time, I knew my application was rejected (my status changed so fast). I'm wondering why they are so specific this time. 

Hallo Gyedu, 

it means that its ur second time. Ur application was rejected last year by the same situation or something else??? 

U mean that this year we’re also going to recive the letter of rejection??  

Rawo

3 hours ago, Nasi said:

Hello everyone,

I applied for PhD research grant from Iran, and nervously waiting for the result.

Wish you all best of luck

Hi Nasi, we are at the same strand (PhD Research Grant).

Results will be out end of February or beginning of March according to my DAAD representative.

Can't wait as well.

All the best,

Wilbert

Hi everyone,

I submitted an application for the DAAD Master's scholarship at the beginning of January. I was subsequently contacted to provide some additional documents, but I haven't heard anything back since. My application status has not changed from "Application submitted."

Does anyone know how long the decision process usually takes? I am applying from Ireland and the application deadline was 10th January.

Thanks,

Carl

Hi, 

I applied for the "Research Grants-Doctoral Programmes in Germany 20/21" on October of the last year. I had my interview on January and the day after, the dates in my portal changed to: Funding begin: 01.10.2020 - Funding end: 30.09.2021.  My application status stills on "Application submitted".

Anyone else has noticed similar changes?

Edited by Fernd