Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020

shrishti

7 hours ago, misterrpiketty said:

MPA/ID applicant here. Did you guys get the email from Carol Finney saying MPA/ID is not on the list of JJ/World Bank scholarship partner programs this year? What a bummer. Does that mean it might be a preferred program instead?

I also received the email. It is very disappointing to know that MPA/ID isn’t on the list of partners program. Can’t say about preferred program. Anyways, this year, WB is late by about four months in declaring the list.

On 2/28/2020 at 10:08 PM, spnfiim said:

I expect the next blog update should be about getting letter-heads and pens to sign letters!! 

HKS has come up with a new blog (Post #14) yesterday in their 'application reading and decision process' to discuss about 'not admitted' category of applicants. So, the countdown has officially begun. It takes 8-9 days from this blog post to declare the final result. All the best everyone!! 

10 minutes ago, spnfiim said:

HKS has come up with a new blog (Post #14) yesterday in their 'application reading and decision process' to discuss about 'not admitted' category of applicants. So, the countdown has officially begun. It takes 8-9 days from this blog post to declare the final result. All the best everyone!! 

Is it usually 8-9 business days or just 8-9 days ?? the anxiety is real omg 

19 minutes ago, polapp20 said:

Just 8-9 days, including weekends and/or holidays. So, as I have been saying, we should expect the results on Thursday, Mar-12 by 5-6 PM Cambridge, MA, USA time (GMT + 5:00 hours). Latest, it should come early on Friday 13th March. 

22 minutes ago, polapp20 said:

BTW, you already have an impressive list of acceptances, including some full rides as well. You should be less anxious than us!! ? 

4 minutes ago, spnfiim said:

BTW, you already have an impressive list of acceptances, including some full rides as well. You should be less anxious than us!! ? 

Thank you! :) But Princeton, Harvard decisions are always anxiety inducing haha. Fingers crossed for all of us! 

5 hours ago, Mcdreamy said:

Hello friends what do you think about Goldman school at Berkeley. Has anyone heard from them ?

I was admitted to Goldman's MPA program a couple of months ago but not sure if MPP decisions have been released yet. I'm excited about the possibility of attending Goldman as it really offers everything I am looking for... but waiting to see what happens with HKS before making a decision. Hopefully all will be revealed by the end of next week. Admissions purgatory is pretty terrible!

6 hours ago, Mcdreamy said:

Hello friends what do you think about Goldman school at Berkeley. Has anyone heard from them ?

I applied as well and haven't heard anything.  I read in another thread on this forum that decisions for the MPP came out on March 12 last year, so we can probably expect decisions from Goldman around the same time as Princeton/Harvard (i.e. the end of next week).

I had enquired HKS if results could be released by next week. They’ve responded as under-

Thank you for your message. All applications are currently being evaluated and admissions decisions will be released by the end of March.”

End of March? Seriously?? ?? 

We can’t wait anymore. 

2 hours ago, spnfiim said:

I had enquired HKS if results could be released by next week. They’ve responded as under-

Thank you for your message. All applications are currently being evaluated and admissions decisions will be released by the end of March.”

End of March? Seriously?? ?? 

We can’t wait anymore. 

Technically they are correct. But I don't see there is any reason that they will deviate from the timeline you predicted from your superb analysis. For all I know, 12th it will be...

5 hours ago, indianIRguy said:

Technically they are correct. But I don't see there is any reason that they will deviate from the timeline you predicted from your superb analysis. For all I know, 12th it will be...

Let’s just hope so.. BTW I shared my analysis with them in return email and this is the response I got from HKS team-

“Very astute! You may know more than me. I was told that the decisions will be made by the end of the month, but it is possible that you will hear back by the end of next week.

Keep an eye out, and good luck!“

3 hours ago, rec1use said:

Anyone else hear back from U-M Ford??? Got my acceptance earlier today!!! Screaming!!!

Congratulations!! I also had applied to two-year MPP there. Haven’t heard anything. And to my query on when to expect results (yes, I emailed to them as well !! ?), they responded that-

“Our admissions decisions will be released via email by mid-March.”

Which course had you applied and when did you submit the application?

13 hours ago, spnfiim said:

Congratulations!! I also had applied to two-year MPP there. Haven’t heard anything. And to my query on when to expect results (yes, I emailed to them as well !! ?), they responded that-

“Our admissions decisions will be released via email by mid-March.”

Which course had you applied and when did you submit the application?

I submitted my application on January 13 and I applied to their MPP program.

Hey all, just a plug that there’s a thread for the Goldman school at Berkeley here (https://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/123022-berkeley-goldman-gspp-2020/) and Ford Michigan here (https://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/121155-ford-michigan-mpp-2020/) I’m personally not looking at threads for schools I didn’t apply to and it will probably be easier for you to meet and talk with other applicants on dedicated topics. 

Congrats on everyone’s success so far!

Guys! i think the "message" option disappeared from my MYFIAD when I clicked on the "Menu". I checked several times but it showed the same. Something is happening...

Edited by KIMAMS

6 minutes ago, KIMAMS said:

Guys! i think the "message" option disappeared from my MYFIAD when I clicked on the "Menu". I checked it several times but it showed the same. Something is happening...

Mine disappeared too.

but bububu but! remember the wisdom from hks admission office? "Changes in the status page prior to the release of decisions has no bearing on the final admission decision" (2020 Application Reading and Decision Process - Post #14)