Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020

shrishti

22nd post is up on the blog. No decisions today. And since tomorrow was not specifically ruled out, I think it could be the day we have been waiting for. Another day of waiting. Keep the discussion going on. 

35 minutes ago, JaneEversby said:

They said decisions are coming out today. I looked in myfaid and in the application and see no changes.  Guess it’s not looking good for me...

Where did you read that ? The blog says they are not coming out today. 

Ah, sorry.. I meant to put the not in there...I can’t edit it apparently... last year they were saying that changes were happening in the account that they were fluctuating as info was being put in for those accepted. I don’t really know if it’s accurate because things can always change.  Things are donuts right now with not being able to find stuff like toilet paper so this has been a bit of an escape.  We’re trying to set up resources for parents at home with their kids, particularly those with special needs and there has been a bit of politicking going on which has annoyed people.  The school was pretty quick to respond but dealing with other aspects is harder.  People are hoarding supplies and some of the businesses have gotten robbed.  We will get through this but it is hard for everyone right now.  Sorry for the confusion from the prior post.

1 hour ago, WorldChanger said:

It's 19th here, in the East. Is today the day? :)

It's still only the 18th EST still-- If the admissions decisions are coming on the 19th, they won't for at least another 12 hours.

Sorry, I forgot how the notification process goes- can someone who did the expert research remind me? the day the decisions come out, there's no morning blog post correct? and it comes out around what time?

1 hour ago, amr2020 said:

Sorry, I forgot how the notification process goes- can someone who did the expert research remind me? the day the decisions come out, there's no morning blog post correct? and it comes out around what time?

From what I've heard, new blog post will be out around 1pm EST to notify applicants that decisions are released.

Chill guys,

Given the tone from blogpost 22 I feel like the final release date would most likely to be this coming Friday(Mar.20th), which I am personally kind of wishing it that way so that the Admissions Committee at HKS could take this one more day to mitigate all pressures around them regarding COVID-19 and decision-release processes. I mean, what does it even matter to give them one more day or so for cushion in exchange for operational accuracy and institutional efficiency? To be very honest, given such a current circumstance even if the final decisions kicked in by next week I wouldn't be in too much of a surprise.

Folks, the situation of Boston right now is really not "traditional", and for that matter I just wish extra understanding and alleviation to the challenges facing any decision maker and implementer on ground right now shall be considerately offered to them. 

Chill, my marvelous guys! Hope everyone stay safe, happy, and healthy. 

Best,

Scully & Pegasus(pending)

1 hour ago, Scully&Pegasus said:

Chill guys,

Given the tone from blogpost 22 I feel like the final release date would most likely to be this coming Friday(Mar.20th), which I am personally kind of wishing it that way so that the Admissions Committee at HKS could take this one more day to mitigate all pressures around them regarding COVID-19 and decision-release processes. I mean, what does it even matter to give them one more day or so for cushion in exchange for operational accuracy and institutional efficiency? To be very honest, given such a current circumstance even if the final decisions kicked in by next week I wouldn't be in too much of a surprise.

Folks, the situation of Boston right now is really not "traditional", and for that matter I just wish extra understanding and alleviation to the challenges facing any decision maker and implementer on ground right now shall be considerately offered to them. 

Chill, my marvelous guys! Hope everyone stay safe, happy, and healthy. 

Best,

Scully & Pegasus(pending)

All said and done, we are also anxiously waiting for the past few days and months for the results. So, each day is like an added burden to all of us. Although, we are trying to stay as calm as possible, we cannot ignore the fact that our eyes are glued to our email’s and blogposts. Hope we get the results today. 

1 hour ago, Anathema said:

Imagine being a Fulbright scholar and waiting for HKS to send results to IIE and then on to your local Fulbright commission and finally to yourself. HKS releasing decisions is just the first step for us..

Omg that sounds so frustrating! 

1 hour ago, Anathema said:

Imagine being a Fulbright scholar and waiting for HKS to send results to IIE and then on to your local Fulbright commission and finally to yourself. HKS releasing decisions is just the first step for us..

As another fulbright scholar, I really share the same anxiety. I have received an admission from other university but with a shortfall, but the Fulbright office in my country refuses to negotiate for more scholarship until I have a firm choice. Let’s just hope that IIE and Fulbright will accelerate the process for us all.

I always had an impression that fullbright scholarships were fully funded. It is so frustrating to give entire control to a third party and too without full funding. I believe they must be footing 80%-90% still. What about world bank ones, anyone having any idea.

3 hours ago, polapp20 said:

I have an inkling it might be today so that it gives them Friday to release FinAid decisions. Here’s hoping ? 

Same here. 

I appreciate that it is a troubled time for all. But unfortunately a delay weighs heavily on other things as well such as finalizing colleges, funding sources, etc. 

I'm sorry to go off topic in these tense times, but... has anyone heard anything about schools not reopening for in-person classes in the fall? I know that most are doing remote learning through the end of the spring semester, but someone told me that NYU was doing online classes only for next semester (fall 2020)  as well, but I can't find it ANYWHERE. I can't imagine why schools would feel the need to do that... Help???

MIT and Harvard are online for the Spring. Almost no school has made a decision for the Fall since it's an evolving situation. Schools are focussed on moving everything online (it's spring break for most right now) before next week. The second focus is going to be ensuring internship offers are not rescinded. Only after that would they start thinking of the fall. Atleast that seems to be the tone at MIT. You can use some of the market externalities as a proxy. E.g., airlines are only waiving change fees till the end of April at the moment. So it's a waiting game for everyone.