Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

3 hours ago, LittleAlfred said:

School: University of Alabama Birmingham

Type: Medical/Clinical PhD

Date of invite: December 9th

Type of invite: Email from POI

Interview date(s): Phone interview 

Would you DM your POI initials? Congrats!

On 12/9/2019 at 4:43 PM, PsychedUp! said:

Hi all. I am currently a first-year student in a Clinical Psychology PhD program and thought I would share this info on the interview for the schools I applied to last year and the interview invitation date/method for the schools I interviewed at. I would have loved something like this last year – I lurked on Grad Café but never created an account or posted so now I want to give back!  Keep in mind, at some schools the POI will contact you directly and at other schools it will be the DCT or an administrative assistant sending out a mass email. This was my FIFTH time applying to Clinical Psych PhD programs and I finally made it so you all definitely can too!! All of this info is for the Clinical Psychology PhD programs for these schools! Any questions about anything at all, please PM me!

School (Interview Invitation Date/Method)                                  Interview Date(s)     

Marquette Univ (12/19/18; mass email from DCT)              1/28/19, 2/1/19, 2/4/19 (you choose)

Fordham Univ (1/14/19; mass email from DCT)                   1/25/19, 2/1/19 (you choose)

Univ of Florida (12/20/18; mass email from DCT)                 2/14/19 – 2/16/19

Louisiana State Univ (12/14/18; direct from POI)                  2/1/19

Univ of Kentucky                                                                        1/24/19 – 1/25/19

Univ of North Texas                                                                   2/1/19

Temple Univ                                                                                1/14/19

Univ of Utah                                                                                 2/1/19

Univ of Kansas                                                                            2/7/19 – 2/9/19

Univ of Montana                                                                         2/8/19

Univ of Pittsburgh                                                                       2/15/19 – 2/16/19

Univ of Rhode Island                                                                  2/18/19

Washington State Univ                                                               3/1/19

Ohio Univ                                                                                2/1/19, 2/8/19 (you choose)

Go to this link for app deadlines and interview dates!!! https://teamup.com/ks952632ef38687f3e 

School: University of Southern Mississippi

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: December 12th

Type of invite: Email from POI (feel free to DM for name)

Interview date(s): February 13th-14th

9 hours ago, hermm said:

Does anyone know when Alabama (Psych/Law) and Sam Houston had their interview dates last year? It looks like they aren't on the teamup link.

Bama has their interviews on January 24th for the psyc/law concentration this year according to their website.  I just received an email yesterday from them that the graduate school had forwarded my application to the department, which was surprising considering their earlier deadline.  My guess is they wait until finals are over with and everyone can focus.  No idea about SHSU.

1 hour ago, forensicpsyc said:

Bama has their interviews on January 24th for the psyc/law concentration this year according to their website.  I just received an email yesterday from them that the graduate school had forwarded my application to the department, which was surprising considering their earlier deadline.  My guess is they wait until finals are over with and everyone can focus.  No idea about SHSU.

Haha thanks and wow I should check the websites before I post here! I was surprised because they emailed me to tell me my application had been sent to the department for review 2 days before the application deadline. But since I haven't heard anything since I'm guessing that's not a good sign.

23 minutes ago, hermm said:

Haha thanks and wow I should check the websites before I post here! I was surprised because they emailed me to tell me my application had been sent to the department for review 2 days before the application deadline. But since I haven't heard anything since I'm guessing that's not a good sign.

Probably just had to wait for all the day of deadline people like me! Letters of recommendation weren't due until the 1st, I don't think they are in a rush.

School: University of Miami

Type: PhD

Date of invite: December 6th

Type of invite: Email from PI (R.M.) 

Interview date(s): Formal invite to interview weekend 23rd January - 25th January.  Will also be speaking informally on the phone in the meantime.  Sorry for the late post, I just saw some people asking about it earlier. 

School: Louisiana State University

Date of invite: December 13th

Type of invite: Email from PI

Interview date(s): Preliminary phone interview scheduled for 12/16

Edited by ctn

School: University of Southern Mississippi

Date of invite: December 12th

Type of invite: Email from PI

Interview date(s): Invite to campus on 2/13-14 following preliminary skype interview.

School: SUNY Albany 

Date of invite: December 13th

Type of invite: Email from PI (A.P.) 

Interview date(s): Formal invite to interview on 24 Jan with social Jan 23.

1 hour ago, denovomojo said:

School: University of Miami

Date of invite: December 6th

Type of invite: Email from PI (R.M.) 

Interview date(s): Formal invite to interview weekend 23rd January - 25th January.  Will also be speaking informally on the phone in the meantime.  Sorry for the late post, I just saw some people asking about it earlier. 

Do you know if all the Miami formal invites have been sent?