Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

On 12/12/2019 at 9:43 AM, LittleAlfred said:

School: University of Alabama Birmingham

Type: Medical/Clinical PhD

Date of invite: December 9th

Type of invite: Email from POI

Interview date(s): Phone interview 

Congrats! This is one of my top programs. I haven't heard from them yet. Wondering if this means I got rejected, or if I just applied later

Edited by psychologygeek
Typo

On 12/13/2019 at 5:48 PM, Dreamerrrrr said:

School: Ohio University

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: December 13th

Type of invite: Email from PI 

Interview date(s): Preliminary phone interview next week

Congrats on this! Do you mind if I ask WHEN you applied, and if that has any effect on when I'll hear back? (i.e. if someone applies closer to the deadline, will they hear back later, etc?) Thanks!

3 hours ago, psychologygeek said:

Hi, Everyone!!

Replying to this with a general question. I am still in Undergrad, but applied to 11 Clinical PhD programs this season as well as several Master's programs. I understand my chances of getting in as an undergrad are a LONGSHOT, but I have lots of research experience with several publications and presentations, good GRE scores, and a high GPA, so I figured why not.

If the deadline for the majority of my programs was December 1st, when should I start hearing back from schools? (Example: University of Florida's deadline was November 15th, and they said I should hear back between Dec 9th-20th). Is there a specific timeline for when they review applications and start sending out invites? As I said, I know my chances of getting in are slim, but I am still hoping that I get into 1 or 2 schools.

Thanks so much you guys! I am so new to all of this.

Go to the Results section of this website and type "Clinical Psychology [school name]" into the search bar. This will show you when people got interviews/acceptances/rejections previously.

Interview notification timelines depend on the school. For several schools that I'm applying to, many of them seem to send out invitations around December 18-19, although some schools send them as late as early February. It also sometimes depends on the POI.

Edited by MiddleOfSomeCalibrations
Early February, not mid-January

4 hours ago, psychologygeek said:

Hi, Everyone!!

Replying to this with a general question. I am still in Undergrad, but applied to 11 Clinical PhD programs this season as well as several Master's programs. I understand my chances of getting in as an undergrad are a LONGSHOT, but I have lots of research experience with several publications and presentations, good GRE scores, and a high GPA, so I figured why not.

If the deadline for the majority of my programs was December 1st, when should I start hearing back from schools? (Example: University of Florida's deadline was November 15th, and they said I should hear back between Dec 9th-20th). Is there a specific timeline for when they review applications and start sending out invites? As I said, I know my chances of getting in are slim, but I am still hoping that I get into 1 or 2 schools.

Thanks so much you guys! I am so new to all of this.

If you’re invited for an interview, expect to hear back from the schools between mid-January to mid-February. 

4 hours ago, psychologygeek said:

Congrats! This is one of my top programs. I haven't heard from them yet. Wondering if this means I got rejected, or if I just applied later

I’m a current student in the UAB program – I’m not involved in the admissions process; but if anyone has any questions about the program, I’d be happy to answer them. Also, to answer your question @psychologygeek, UAB typically invites a majority of the interviewees sometime in mid-to-late January – I believe our interview date is sometime around early-February 2020.

Edited by JoePianist

The first school I'm expecting to see interview invites from (me or others) out of the ones I applied to is Rochester U. They started sending out as early as Dec 11th last year.....anyone heard from them? Anyone else apply to these programs: Uni minnesota, indiana bloomington, harvard, wisconsin madison, uni of washington? 

5 minutes ago, psycstudent2018 said:

School: SUNY Stony Brook University

Date of invite: December 16th

Type of invite: Email from PI 

Interview date(s): Preliminary phone interview within the next two days

Can u please PM your POI. CONGRATS 

School: University of Toledo

Date of invite: December 16th

Type of invite: Email from grad admissions office, DCT and PI cc'd

Interview date(s): In-person interview (Feb 7th or 10th)

DM me for more info :)

Edited by fixology
added a phrase

6 hours ago, JoePianist said:

I’m a current student in the UAB program – I’m not involved in the admissions process; but if anyone has any questions about the program, I’d be happy to answer them. Also, to answer your question @psychologygeek, UAB typically invites a majority of the interviewees sometime in mid-to-late January – I believe our interview date is sometime around early-February 2020.

This makes me feel much better, thanks! 'i was kind surprised that people were getting e-mails, then my heart sank. Good to know that they send to e-mails through January! Now I have some peace of mind. I might PM you about the program if you don't mind, they're actually my top choice!

School: University of Toledo

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 12/16/19

Type of invite: Email from administrative assistant with PI and DCT CC'd

Type of interview: In-person

Interview date(s): Either 2/7 or 2/10

Happy to share more information in a private message. :)

Edited by doingmybest

24 minutes ago, ctn said:

If the Chapel Hill poster from the results page happens to stop by this thread could you please DM your POI!

Same here, please!

School: Sam Houston State University

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 12/16/19

Type of invite: Phone call from PI, email in a few days

Type of interview: In-person

Interview date(s): 1/31

DM me for more information! :)

Just now, psy2020 said:

If the Utah State Clinical/Counseling poster from the results sees this, I would appreciate if you could DM me your POI initials! Thanks ! 

Can the Utah State poster DM me their POI initials as well? Thank you!