Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

35 minutes ago, ctn said:

Oklahoma State posters - I've reached out to a couple people who had the same POI. Did invitation seem to be mass invite or POI specific?

My invite was an either/or type. I was personally emailed by director of clinical training but my POI and another person were cc'd, it did seem to be a mass email copy/paste style in how the information was given and that we had to contact another email to let them know if we could make it. though my POI was directly mentioned in my email in that he is looking forward to speaking with me personally at interview weekend 

Edited by psychclin

School: Oklahoma State University

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 12/18

Type of Invite: Email from Director of Clinical Training with POI CC'd

Interview date(s): 1/31 - 2/2

Message me for POI, too many of you to send each a message, but happy to answer!

School: University of Louisville

Type: Counselling Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 18th December 2019

Type of invite: Email from Departmental Administrative associate inviting me to  interview

Interview date(s): 24th January 2020

This is my first interview of this application season so I'm pretty stoked. I will, however, have to take a skype interview :(. But I'm still happy to have a fighting chance

On 12/17/2019 at 11:24 AM, curiousgeorge221 said:

School: OHSU

Type: PhD

Date of invite: OTHER

Type of invite: I got an emailing stating 

"We have received your completed application to the Clinical Psychology PhD program.  

We are continually looking for ways to improve our admissions process, and we’d love your feedback! If you feel so inclined, please take a moment to complete this brief survey.

Soon, your application will be assigned for review, where it will be evaluated by at least two members of our admissions committee. Expect to receive your admissions decision in mid-December."

Interview date(s): 

On the results page, someone posted that they got an interview invite. Did anyone else receive an email today that they have received your completed app?  

I got this email too! Kind of concerned because I'm worried they sent out two emails - one to invitees and the other with this general message to everyone else but I could be completely wrong and this is just my anxiety speaking. I noticed those interview invites on the Results section too and my heart dropped a bit since this is one of my top choice schools.

School: University of Louisville 

Type: Counseling Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 12/17

Type of Invite: Email from Office Assistant with Director of Clinical Training CC’d

Interview date(s): 1/17

Seems like everyone else so far is interviewing on the 24th, curious to know if anyone else will be interviewing with me on the 17th!

2 hours ago, ClinicalPsychApp2020 said:

I got this email too! Kind of concerned because I'm worried they sent out two emails - one to invitees and the other with this general message to everyone else but I could be completely wrong and this is just my anxiety speaking. I noticed those interview invites on the Results section too and my heart dropped a bit since this is one of my top choice schools.

Same!! Oddly enough, I got the e-mail as I was reading the post the Results section?

21 hours ago, valgal95 said:

School: Virginia Commonwealth University 

Type: PhD Clinical

Date of invite: 12/18

Type of invite: Email from PI--initials RC

Interview date(s): 1/24

Hey! I didn't apply here but I know that professor well. You'll be in good hands :)

On 12/17/2019 at 11:24 AM, curiousgeorge221 said:

School: OHSU

Date of invite: OTHER

Type of invite: I got an emailing stating 

"We have received your completed application to the Clinical Psychology PhD program.  

We are continually looking for ways to improve our admissions process, and we’d love your feedback! If you feel so inclined, please take a moment to complete this brief survey.

Soon, your application will be assigned for review, where it will be evaluated by at least two members of our admissions committee. Expect to receive your admissions decision in mid-December."

Interview date(s): 

On the results page, someone posted that they got an interview invite. Did anyone else receive an email today that they have received your completed app?  

I didn’t even get this... my application status says pending and under application status it says your application is currently in review, but I never received that confirmation email. 

School: University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB)

Type: Counseling Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 12/18/19

Type of invite: email from Program Coordinator 

Interview date(s): on-campus 1/17/20

Edited by QPOCPHD

1 hour ago, joanneprada said:

Was this a mass email?

I'm not sure if it was a mass email for everyone but I got a direct email from the Program Coordinator. I was invited for an initial Zoom interview from one UCSB faculty and received an email on December 7th and had that interview on December 11th. Additionally, I was invited for an initial Zoom interview from the other UCSB faculty I applied to and received an email on December 11th and had that interview on December 16th.

Edited by QPOCPHD

School: Miami University (Ohio)

Date of invite: 12/19/19

Type of invite: Phone call from POI

Interview date(s): In-person interview February 3rd or February 7th

DM me if you'd like more info :)