Date of invite: last week (I think) 

Type of invite: email from POI

Interview date(s): 1/24-1/25 or 1/31-2/1

School: University of Nevada, Reno

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 12/19

Type of invite: email from POI

Interview date(s): 2/7

I'm surprised I heard from two schools before Christmas already. Super excited!! Also DM if you want POI initials

On 12/17/2019 at 8:37 AM, Asdfghjkl123 said:

First time applicant here. How are people already getting interviews for 12/1 deadlines? Almost every schools website says decisions will go out January for February interviews. Is it standard to hear this early? Are you supposed to get a phone interview before an in-person interview? 

As others have said, different programs have different timelines.  Some programs like making their decisions before winter break, but many wait until late December or January.  Generally, if you don't hear something by mid-February, then something is awry.

42 minutes ago, Mel29 said:

I applied to FIU and UMiami... I have not received any responses at all and in my UMiami account it says “to do” GRE and transcripts. But both of these documents were sent in October... should I be worried?

I contacted them about this last week, too. and they just said they haven't fully updated the CaneLink portal and that my materials were complete. I would double check the actual application portal itself and if it all says submitted, I'm sure you're fine!

19 minutes ago, psychology2020a said:

I contacted them about this last week, too. and they just said they haven't fully updated the CaneLink portal and that my materials were complete. I would double check the actual application portal itself and if it all says submitted, I'm sure you're fine!

Oh ok!! Perfect! Thank you. Have you heard from your POI?

School: University of Virginia (Curry School of Education)

Type: Clinical/School Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 12/20

Type of invite: Email from admin assistant

Interview date(s): 1/31

Message for POI! 

2 hours ago, PsychedInfo said:

I'm seeing a lot of people saying they heard from Miami (Ohio) with both interview invitations as well as rejections. I applied there but haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat?

Same here & I have seen it regarding both PI that I chose so I’m not sure if I should be worried or not. 

On 12/19/2019 at 10:51 AM, Asdfghjkl123 said:

I didn’t even get this... my application status says pending and under application status it says your application is currently in review, but I never received that confirmation email. 

Mine says complete. Maybe you will receive the e-mail once it's 'complete'?
It seems like they are manually updating

1 hour ago, forensicpsyc said:

Anyone heard from University of Alabama Psychology & Law concentration? Waiting to see some results from them and North Texas to no avail.

I just got a mass happy holidays email from the school which gave me a minor heart attack. But otherwise no. Definitely interested to know if anyone else has heard, but it looks like last year the earliest anyone did was the 20th, and more around the 27th.

1 minute ago, hermm said:

I just got a mass happy holidays email from the school which gave me a minor heart attack. But otherwise no. Definitely interested to know if anyone else has heard, but it looks like last year the earliest anyone did was the 20th, and more around the 27th.

Yeah, I've never gotten so bah humbug at a happy holidays wish before.  I'm assuming every concentration is different as well, with the interview close to a month away I'm expecting something soon!

Here's a thought! Instead of posting a million "Please can the poster from XXX University PM me their POI" messages...  YOU CAN YOU DIRECT MESSAGE THEM YOURSELF! Not trying to be antagonistic. This forum is just getting flooded with these kinds of posts and its personally driving me crazy!

Just now, BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH said:

Here's a thought! Instead of posting a million "Please can the poster from XXX University PM me their POI" messages...  YOU CAN YOU DIRECT MESSAGE THEM YOURSELF! Not trying to be antagonistic. This forum is just getting flooded with these kinds of posts and its personally driving me crazy!

Not all posters from the results page post their invites here sooo actually you can't always direct message them yourself

?

7 minutes ago, BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH said:

I use this exclusively when I see a post on the results page that is NOT on this thread, and it has generally worked out for me. Sorry to crowd the board.

School: Midwestern University - Glendale, AZ campus

Type: Clinical Psychology PsyD

Date of invite: 12/20/2019

Type of invite: email from director of admissions 

Interview date(s): 1/29/20(?) and 1/30/20