Type: Clinical Psychology PhD 

Date of Invite: 12/22/19

Type of Invite: Email from POI for Phone Interview

School: Temple University

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD 

Date of Invite: 12/22/19

Type of Invite: Email from chair 

Interview date(s): 01/13/20

I received the email at 8:30AM on a Sunday ... happy holidays y'all!

On 12/19/2019 at 5:46 PM, cxh1054 said:

School:  University of North Texas

Type:  Counseling Psychology PhD

Date of Invite: 12/18/19

Type of Invite:  Phone call from POI

Interview date: 1/24/20

Congratulations. Would you mind dm me your POI's name? 

On 12/19/2019 at 7:51 AM, Asdfghjkl123 said:

I didn’t even get this... my application status says pending and under application status it says your application is currently in review, but I never received that confirmation email. 

Hmm... nothing has changed about my application status on the portal. Everything is still the same as it was when I submitted weeks ago. There is no "pending" or "under review" anywhere. I did receive the confirmation email so I'm just hoping for the best. 

Could someone please let me know if interview invites are rolling or if they all come around the same time? This is my first time applying and I've seen a bunch of invites to schools to which I've applied, but have heard nothing myself from these schools. Should I be discouraged?

Edited by PsychHuman

13 hours ago, PsychHuman said:

Could someone please let me know if interview invites are rolling or if they all come around the same time? This is my first time applying and I've seen a bunch of invites to schools to which I've applied, but have heard nothing myself from these schools. Should I be discouraged?

It depends on the program.  If the PI personally sent an email for an interview (especially phone interviews), then those are more likely to be rolling depending on when the PI has time to get to it.  If it's a mass email or notification by the program administrator, program coordinator, or DCT, then it's likely that all interview invitations have been sent.

Best of luck!

17 minutes ago, Temperance said:

It depends on the program.  If the PI personally sent an email for an interview (especially phone interviews), then those are more likely to be rolling depending on when the PI has time to get to it.  If it's a mass email or notification by the program administrator, program coordinator, or DCT, then it's likely that all interview invitations have been sent.

Best of luck!

Great! Thanks!

On 12/21/2019 at 5:09 PM, psy2020 said:

Best ways to prepare for an in-person interview? I've just been reading my POI's pubs and the grad school catalog on the program's site.. anything else? 

Sometimes faculty have talks on Youtube or other forums you can watch. Also make sure if they have published a book you have at least skimmed it!

38 minutes ago, 2ndTimeHopeful said:

Congrats to the UNC Chapel Hill poster. Can you please pm POI? Do you think all of the invitations have been extended? 

I'd love to know too! Hopefully all of the invites haven't been sent out ?

On 12/19/2019 at 7:51 AM, Asdfghjkl123 said:

I didn’t even get this... my application status says pending and under application status it says your application is currently in review, but I never received that confirmation email. 

a school i applied to also didn't send me an email stating my app had been forwarded to the department. But I knew those emails had gone out since i knew someone else who'd applied as well. I had to call and make sure it had been forwarded for anxiety's sake.

20 hours ago, PsychHuman said:

School: University of Minnesota

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD 

Date of Invite: 12/23/19

Type of Invite: Email from POI for Phone Interview

Hi, do you mind sharing who the PI is that you applied to work with? thanks!