Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

6 minutes ago, PsychHuman said:

I was just in touch with someone at Yale who said invitations will be distributed early next week. Interview weekend scheduled for first weekend in February.

•  

I've already got one scheduled on the 1st and one scheduled on the 3rd! Ugh.... 

I hope I get an interview and I hope they don't mind rescheduling it  *facepalm*

Two people have posted that they revived invites to ASU clinical psychology program on results page. If you see this can you please message your POI and if they were phone or in person invites.

Thank you 

School: Florida International University

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD 

Date of Invite: 01/03/20

Type of Invite: Email from PI (message me for initials)

Interview date: PI emailed me to set up preliminary Skype interview during the week of Jan 6th

5 hours ago, psych&lawnerd said:

School: University of Alabama Tuscaloosa

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: Dec 10 2019

Type of invite: email from POI

Interview date(s): 1/24

Notes: Offered housing with grad student for interview. Had two preliminary phone screenings for 2 different faculty for forensics. I do know that JC is not ending up taking students this cycle. DM me with more questions.

Is this for child clinical? 

School: University of Minnesota

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: Jan 03 2020

Type of invite: email from POI setting preliminary phone interview.

Interview date(s): TBD

Notes: Had phone interview with 2nd choice PI early this week. This is from 1st choice PI.

School: Louisiana State University (LSU)

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 1/3

Type of invite: email from POI after preliminary phone interview over a week ago

Interview date(s): 1/31

Email for POI initials

School: Florida International University

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD 

Date of Invite: 01/04/20

Type of Invite: Email from POI (message me for initials)

Interview Date: POI emailed me to set up Skype interviews for next week

1 hour ago, applicant17 said:

Could the posters on the results page who received interview invitations from UMass Amherst message me their POI? I would greatly appreciate it! Congratulations and thanks so much. :) 

The first person messaged me theirs, but can the second person who posted UMass Amherst message me too! Thanks so much and CONGRATS!

School: Biola University, Rosemead School of Psychology

Type: Clinical Psychology PsyD 

Date of Invite: 01/04/20

Type of Invite: Email from Director of Doctoral Programs

Interview Date: Tuesday Jan 28th or Tuesday February 25th

Has anyone applied to a counselling or clinical program where you have to make a video submission of a mock counselling session? (i.e. UBC, TWU...) If so, how did you format your session? Did you throw in anything fancy, like some kind of exercise, or did you keep it focused on supportive listening skills?

Edited by springxsummer

7 minutes ago, springxsummer said:

Has anyone applied to a counselling or clinical program where you have to make a video submission of a mock counselling session? (i.e. UBC, TWU...) If so, how did you format your session? Did you throw in anything fancy, like some kind of exercise, or did you keep it focused on supportive listening skills?

Could you post this in the general thread rather than the interview thread? There is an interview advice thread as well. I know people are getting frustrated with the amount of non-interview related Q's on this thread ?

18 hours ago, justacigar said:

Could you post this in the general thread rather than the interview thread? There is an interview advice thread as well. I know people are getting frustrated with the amount of non-interview related Q's on this thread ?

oops- I meant to post on the Canadian counselling/ clinical thread. I must've clicked the wrong one.