Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

4 hours ago, psycstudent2018 said:

I had a phone interview with my POI who later told me that the school sent out invites and she was not able to offer me one. 

So I guess I’ll cross that off my list as well. Sad about that one. I thought I was a perfect fit. 

Saw some posts on the admission results page about a couple of people receiving interviews from the University of Missouri. The location isn't specified, which is leading me to assume it's the school in Columbia. However they received invites on entirely different dates, which confuses me. So if anyone has info on whether all interviews have been extended, that would be great.

Edited by yeeboi

33 minutes ago, yeeboi said:

Saw some posts on the admission results page about a couple of people receiving interviews from the University of Missouri. The location isn't specified, which is leading me to assume it's the school in Columbia. However they received invites on entirely different dates, which confuses me. So if anyone has info on whether all interviews have been extended, that would be great.

I have an interview invite from the Columbia campus.  It was made by the PI and I have not received communication from anyone other than them.

Edit: sorry for double post.

Edited by Modulus

If those that heard back from Colorado State for the counseling program happen to stumble upon this thread, can you PM me with more info? Trying to figure out if they sent interview invitations as a mass email or if people heard directly from their POI. Thank you!! And congrats on your interview!

5 hours ago, lolhelp said:

Do you know if all interview invites for Houston have already been sent out? I applied and have heard nothing from them! 

I am unsure. My invite was late in the day yesterday and directly from my PI.

32 minutes ago, Taylor Thomas said:

Was this for Clinical Psychology?

Yes. They aren't doing in-person interviews for clinical, but are doing video interviews and an accepted student weekend in February. Feel free to PM for additional information. 

Edited by kcfab12

28 minutes ago, speechtopsych said:

I would also love to know the POI initials of the people with USC invites!! Also, does this mean that all USC invites have been sent out?

I still haven’t got the official generic email although I have received an invite from poi so I’m guessing not all invites have been sent out. 

11 minutes ago, Psyche1988 said:

I still haven’t got the official generic email although I have received an invite from poi so I’m guessing not all invites have been sent out. 

Hey! Can I get the initials of your POI that reached out?

Congrats :D

1 hour ago, Taylor Thomas said:

Hello, I am new to the grad cafe! 

Has anyone heard from Notre Dame? Or know a rough schedule of when ND makes decisions?

I received an email this morning from the grad coordinator:

"We are currently reviewing applications. Some faculty have started interviews but not all of them have (we've been on break for a couple of weeks). Our recruitment event is at the end of February so interview decisions should be made before that. My apologies that we don't have a hard and fast deadline."

4 minutes ago, Dreamerrrrr said:

I received an email this morning from the grad coordinator:

"We are currently reviewing applications. Some faculty have started interviews but not all of them have (we've been on break for a couple of weeks). Our recruitment event is at the end of February so interview decisions should be made before that. My apologies that we don't have a hard and fast deadline."

Thank you so much for this! I have a teeny bit more hope that I’ll hear something soon! I hope you hear something soon as well!! ?

22 minutes ago, Taylor Thomas said:

Thank you so much for this! I have a teeny bit more hope that I’ll hear something soon! I hope you hear something soon as well!! ?

Agreed, that made me feel a bit better! Fingers crossed for us all. 

A bit random but just wanted to say that I went to Boston College for undergrad and UTN is fantastic. She was always responsive and is so knowledgeable. She has written many articles on multicultural perspectives and experiences that are quite interesting. I would recommend reading some.