Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

38 minutes ago, treefrogtree said:

Does anyone know if invites have been sent for these schools (clinical psych)? Or if you know which weekend interview visits are scheduled for. Want to know if I should cling to hope for these places or let go!

Florida State University

Columbia (Teachers college)

Harvard

UW Milwaukee

University of Utah

Stony Brook

University of Denver

According to their admissions office, UW Milwaukee has sent out all invites. 

38 minutes ago, treefrogtree said:

Does anyone know if invites have been sent for these schools (clinical psych)? Or if you know which weekend interview visits are scheduled for. Want to know if I should cling to hope for these places or let go!

Florida State University

Columbia (Teachers college)

Harvard

UW Milwaukee

University of Utah

Stony Brook

University of Denver

I’m pretty sure the invites for UW Milwaukee have been sent out (interview day is January 24th) but I can’t be for sure.

I am sure many of you have seen this already, but I though this link was rather helpful for thinking of ideas for interview questions: https://www.psychologyinaction.org/psychology-in-action-1/2013/02/06/graduate-program-interviews-clinical-psychology

1 hour ago, Psyched Coffee Bean said:

Was your stony brook rejection a mass email, also How were you able to find out invites had been sent? Thank you for the update, its nice to have some closure 

I had a phone interview with my POI who later told me that the school sent out invites and she was not able to offer me one. 

If anyone is wondering about Vanderbilt, I just spoke to the program coordinator there and they said that the first round of interview invites (Clinical PhD) have already been extended. No official rejections yet, but that sounds pretty definite. 

Hi all!

Many of you inspired me to follow up with the programs that I hadn't heard from yet. So far only one has emailed back.

For those wondering - John Jay College just made their decisions today. They'll be contacting applicants tomorrow.

I will update for other schools if/ when I hear back!

7 minutes ago, fixology said:

If anyone is wondering about Vanderbilt, I just spoke to the program coordinator there and they said that the first round of interview invites (Clinical PhD) have already been extended. No official rejections yet, but that sounds pretty definite. 

Thanks for the heads up! Bummer, but we move forward! 

40 minutes ago, Dreamerrrrr said:

Hi all!

Many of you inspired me to follow up with the programs that I hadn't heard from yet. So far only one has emailed back.

For those wondering - John Jay College just made their decisions today. They'll be contacting applicants tomorrow.

I will update for other schools if/ when I hear back!

Grad Coordinator at University of Denver said:

I know they are still reviewing applications.  I am hoping my sometime next week. 

School: University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)

Type: Medical/Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 1/8

Type of invite: Mass email

Interview date(s): 2/9-10

Message me for POIs' initials, I had 3 on my application with 1 being very clearly my top choice, but the email said applicants will meet with everyone you had listed on your application.

Shocked to have even been invited, this has been my top program for a long time now and am feeling very grateful. I hope everyone else will get this same feeling during their application season! Here's to hoping this leads to more than just an interview.

Clinical Psychology PhD (16) Vanderbilt University | UNC Charlotte | Penn State University | Texas Tech University | UAB | Eastern Michigan University | Georgia State University | LSU | Wayne State | University of Nebraska, Lincoln | University of Nevada, Las Vegas | University of Houston | UT Southwestern | Virginia Consortium | Washington State University | University of South Alabama 

Clinical Psychology PsyD (2) Roosevelt University | Florida Institute of Technology

Applied (18/18) Interview Invite (3/18) | Accepted (0/18) Waitlisted (0/18) Rejected (1/18)

37 minutes ago, patricia25 said:

School: University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)

Type: Medical/Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 1/8

Type of invite: Mass email

Interview date(s): 2/9-10

Message me for POIs' initials, I had 3 on my application with 1 being very clearly my top choice, but the email said applicants will meet with everyone you had listed on your application.

Shocked to have even been invited, this has been my top program for a long time now and am feeling very grateful. I hope everyone else will get this same feeling during their application season! Here's to hoping this leads to more than just an interview.

Clinical Psychology PhD (16) Vanderbilt University | UNC Charlotte | Penn State University | Texas Tech University | UAB | Eastern Michigan University | Georgia State University | LSU | Wayne State | University of Nebraska, Lincoln | University of Nevada, Las Vegas | University of Houston | UT Southwestern | Virginia Consortium | Washington State University | University of South Alabama 

Clinical Psychology PsyD (2) Roosevelt University | Florida Institute of Technology

Applied (18/18) Interview Invite (3/18) | Accepted (0/18) Waitlisted (0/18) Rejected (1/18)

Congrats on the invite! I’m actually a fourth-year student in this program – feel free to ask me any questions about the program or about living in Birmingham ?