Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

47 minutes ago, PsychHuman said:

Do the folks receiving invites from Palo Alto know if it was a personal invite or mass email, please? Thanks!

Hi, 

I received an email from the admissions coordinator and a phone call. I believe that because they have rolling admissions, they are do personal invites. I think they send the invite after they review your application, rather than all at once. 

Hi,

So I've seen that a couple people have messaged their POI and asked whether or not invites have been sent out yet. I'm curious what you guys say in the email? Debating  on doing this with a few POI's and I want to sound professional and not too pushy. 

Any info would be awesome. Thank you! :) 

6 minutes ago, r7a1e1 said:

Hi,

So I've seen that a couple people have messaged their POI and asked whether or not invites have been sent out yet. I'm curious what you guys say in the email? Debating  on doing this with a few POI's and I want to sound professional and not too pushy. 

Any info would be awesome. Thank you! :) 

I would just recommend calling the grad education office/ admissions and politely inquiring about their timeline first. Sometimes they are super specific/helpful and can even tell you if you’ll be offered an interview. If you don’t get any useful info from that and you see other people posting that they’ve heard from the program, I think that’s a good time to email. I would just say 

dear dr so and so,

I hope you’re doing well. I am sure you’re very busy this time of year, but I wanted to inquire about the admission timeline. I’m excited about so and so program and I was wondering if you could give me any insight on whether your invitations have gone out or when they may go out. I truly appreciate your time and look forward to hearing back. 
thank you

so and so 

1 hour ago, saludmental said:

A bit random but just wanted to say that I went to Boston College for undergrad and UTN is fantastic. She was always responsive and is so knowledgeable. She has written many articles on multicultural perspectives and experiences that are quite interesting. I would recommend reading some.

She is my top choice POI. I'm realllly hoping to hear from her!

School: University of Houston 

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 1/9

Type of invite: Phone call from POI

Interview date(s): 1/31 - 2/1

I really thought I would be relieved as I checked off each checkbox through this process, but... nope. Still just as anxious as when I was at the first step. Hang in there, everyone!

4 hours ago, Psyche1988 said:

I still haven’t got the official generic email although I have received an invite from poi so I’m guessing not all invites have been sent out. 

6 hours ago, denovomojo said:

School: University of Southern California

Type: Clinical Science PhD

Date of invite: 1/8

Type of invite: email from DCT.  

Interview date(s): 1/23 - 1/24

I applied to a few PIs but the email did not mention any of them. Looks like a generic email sent to all interview recipients. 

I got a generic email from DCT but the PIs I applied for were CC'd--SL and SH. I think the person that didn't get the generic email POI is DS who is the DCT so it makes sense he wouldn't email that person twice--I may be wrong though :)

50 minutes ago, valgal95 said:

I got a generic email from DCT but the PIs I applied for were CC'd--SL and SH. I think the person that didn't get the generic email POI is DS who is the DCT so it makes sense he wouldn't email that person twice--I may be wrong though :)

Yep same here.. my PI was cc’d as well.

2 hours ago, cxh1054 said:

I saw someone posted an NYU invite for counseling psych on the results page.  Sad to say it looks like I can check that school off my list. 

Why? It wasn’t official, looked like a prelim Skype interview with PI. I haven’t seen that official interviews are out.

11 minutes ago, Frued's Cat said:

If some people received rejection emails from a school and some people were invited, but you were not sent any emails what does it most likely mean? I.e. do they only send some people rejection emails? 

Could mean that they're waiting to see who accepts invites/who doesn't and then inviting alternates afterwards. Or, it could mean they forgot about you (like they did with justacigar, haha). It wouldn't hurt to call/email and ask!

School: University of Houston

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: 01/09/20

Type of invite: Email following preliminary phone interview with POI

Interview date(s): 1/31/20-2/01/20 with alternate date on 1/27

School: University of Rhode Island

Date of Invite: 1/08/20

Type of Invite: General email to interview weekend; applied to PI (LS)

Interview date(s): 01/27/19

School: University of Vermont

Date of Invite: 1/08/20

Type of Invite: Email from graduate student, being considered by PI (JA) 

Interview date(s): 02/14/20

School: University of Memphis

Type: Clinical Psychology  

Date of Notification: 1/08/20

Type of Invite: Email from PI (KH) 

Selected as an "alternate to interview" following email correspondence with PI (KH) regarding additional questions they had about my application.