Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

58 minutes ago, CatastrophizingNerd said:

@MyAmygdalaDoesn'tLikeThis lets start our own program! with blackjack and....

1 hour ago, merpppy said:

Sammmeeeee!!!

@CatastrophizingNerd I'm very down for this! LMAO

You guys totally improved my spirits ?

32 minutes ago, webbz_world93 said:

Hi there! I have not heard from ECU yet; however, based on previous years, it looks like we should be expecting something within the next week. I do know their interview date is February 14th. Hope this helps-- best of luck!

It does, thanks! I interviewed there a few years ago and remember the invite coming around this time but wasn't sure. 

Good luck!

7 minutes ago, Stressed&CoffeeObsessed said:

It does, thanks! I interviewed there a few years ago and remember the invite coming around this time but wasn't sure. 

Good luck!

Absolutely! I haven’t seen any posters for ECU in the results search yet, so we are still in the running! :) 

Thank you! Good luck to you too!

Just now, sidesix said:

Does anyone know if NIU and DePaul have finalised their invitations? or (fingers crossed) do they send out in waves?

I’m waiting on NIU as well..another poster got an invite in the evening on Friday, so they suggested that maybe they would pick back up this week? I’m not sure ?

3 hours ago, PHDhopeuful said:

All Fordham invites have been extended. Emailed director to find out.

Is this just for the clinical program or for the counseling program as well?

Apologies! Just saw the other response. 

Edited by Micsmith1814

25 minutes ago, sidesix said:

Does anyone know if NIU and DePaul have finalised their invitations? or (fingers crossed) do they send out in waves?

I think DePaul Clinical has sent out all their invitations but that could just be for the clinical-child concentration. I received an email from the DCT that looked like a mass email. 

Edited by Justice4All

25 minutes ago, sidesix said:

I know DePaul started sending invites Friday but I’m hoping they will pick that up today!

27 minutes ago, sidesix said:

26 minutes ago, psychedtobePhD said:

I’m waiting on NIU as well..another poster got an invite in the evening on Friday, so they suggested that maybe they would pick back up this week? I’m not sure ?

I posted this in the other thread, but I called the graduate assistant today who said that NIU is still sending out invites. Each individual faculty member contacts the applicants they are inviting, so the timeline is fuzzy. If you've seen someone receive an invite for your POI it's probable they are finished sending out invites. 

16 minutes ago, justacigar said:

I posted this in the other thread, but I called the graduate assistant today who said that NIU is still sending out invites. Each individual faculty member contacts the applicants they are inviting, so the timeline is fuzzy. If you've seen someone receive an invite for your POI it's probable they are finished sending out invites. 

Thanks, that’s super helpful. I’ve reached out to someone who received and invite and it wasn’t from my POI, so hopefully there’s still a chance!

School: Bowling Green State University

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: 1/13

Type of invite: Email from graduate secretary

Interview date(s): 2/14 with alternate date of 2/21

2 hours ago, jujusr said:

I called the psych department and they said all invites were sent on Friday. :(

For counseling as well? They're two completely different depts, but I emailed the director anyways.

2 minutes ago, clinicalp2020 said:

Does anyone know if the university of Houston or the university of Texas at Austin invites have all been sent out already? They are my top choices, but I still haven’t heard anything

Same question for the Houston program!

6 minutes ago, clinicalp2020 said:

Does anyone know if the university of Houston or the university of Texas at Austin invites have all been sent out already? They are my top choices, but I still haven’t heard anything

Haven't seen anything from Austin yet, but historically it looks like this week is the EARLIEST they start.