Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

4 hours ago, Asdfghjkl123 said:

Does anyone have any info on interview invites for the following schools? I’m dying over here ?

Purdue

UVM

Ohio State 

Drexel 

George Washington U

UConn 

All clinical. Much much much appreciated. 

I haven't heard from Ohio State, but their interview date was Jan 10th so...I don't have my hopes up that I'll hear from them. Sorry ?

1 hour ago, PsychHuman said:

Does anyone know if all Georgia State clinical emails and calls have gone out? Thanks and congrats to all!

As well could those who received an invite from POI: TK from Georgia State DM me please, if your comfortable. 

5 hours ago, Asdfghjkl123 said:

Does anyone have any info on interview invites for the following schools? I’m dying over here ?

Purdue

UVM

Ohio State 

Drexel 

George Washington U

UConn 

Drexel interviews are Feb 14th, social event on the 13th. I heard from them last week, don't know if they're still inviting.

Someone at the UConn psych department said the interview invites will likely be going out by today (1/14) to allow for travel arrangements-- interview dates are 1/29 or 1/31. Still haven't heard from them though :(

1 hour ago, mandelstic said:

Drexel interviews are Feb 14th, social event on the 13th. I heard from them last week, don't know if they're still inviting.

Someone at the UConn psych department said the interview invites will likely be going out by today (1/14) to allow for travel arrangements-- interview dates are 1/29 or 1/31. Still haven't heard from them though :(

Who was your POI at UCONN? Please send PM if you feel more comfortable 

School: Central Michigan University

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: 1/13/20

Type of invite: Email invitation to Open House 

Interview date(s): 2/14

DM for PI. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend.

Edited by doingmybest

2 minutes ago, Psych133 said:

Has anyone heard from their POI at SDSU/UCSD? 

Also does anyone have any insight on this: if a POI was listed as accepting students for 2020, what is the likelihood that they really can/will accept a student?

Thanks! ?

That program historically recruits from within, unfortunately and typically, if a faculty indicates that they’re accepting a student then they will but things can change regarding funding or they may not match with a student well and take no one even after interviewing. 

9 hours ago, Asdfghjkl123 said:

Purdue

UVM

Ohio State 

Drexel 

George Washington U

UConn 

Based on my emails with GWU it seems like their invitations have gone out already

7 hours ago, PsychHuman said:

Does anyone know if all Georgia State clinical emails and calls have gone out? Thanks and congrats to all!

I don't believe so! From what I've seen and heard thus far, I think most of the invites have been to the Clinical-Community track and have been from specific POIs rather than the department, so maybe most Clinical POIs haven't sent anything yet? Could just be my wishful thinking since I applied to their Clinical program and haven't heard anything, but I think the hope is still alive!

Edited by Stressed&CoffeeObsessed

Has anyone who had interviews with Dalhousie heard anything since then? I had my interview in early December and the POI said they'd start making offers in January, so wondering if I'm getting ahead of myself since it's not even technically mid-January yet, or if I'm out of the running.

2 hours ago, hopefulgrad2019 said:

That program historically recruits from within, unfortunately and typically, if a faculty indicates that they’re accepting a student then they will but things can change regarding funding or they may not match with a student well and take no one even after interviewing. 

I haven't heard back from SDSU/UCSD either, on their website it states that they'll inform us mid-January either way.  I had an informal Zoom meeting with POI: KH in July and asked if he was taking a student and he said yes.

52 minutes ago, justacigar said:

I saw two posts on the results page for DU, only one had the POI. If the other poster sees this could you DM me yours? Thanks! Congrats!

Same please! Also, does not receiving an email today definitely mean we got rejected? 

Has anyone heard from any of these Counseling programs?

• University of Akron
  • Boston College
  • Boston University
  • Columbia TC
  • University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
  • University of Maryland, College Park
  • New York University

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, PhDpsyched said:

Has anyone heard from any of these Counseling programs?

• University of Akron
  • Boston College
  • Boston University
  • Columbia TC
  • University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
  • University of Maryland, College Park
  • New York University

Thanks!

I'm wondering about NYU and BC as well. An earlier post said that TC's decisions should be coming out the first week of February. Not sure about any of the others.

WashU in St Louis poster who was rejected: can you DM me if it was a mass or direct from POI rejection? It looks like you put Psychology PhD, but I'm not sure if you mean clinical. Thank you!