Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

I've seen a post or two in here but I'm not sure if it was ever answered. Has anyone heard from UMaine's clinical program? The only thing I've seen regarding them were two preliminary interviews back at the end of December. CUDCP has that their interview deadline was 1/10, however I have seen zero activity here or on the results page. Could it be possible that they're running behind like a few schools I've seen people report on in here?

11 minutes ago, mandelstic said:

For those of you waiting to hear from Albany, here's what I received from my POI:

UAlbany is still in the process of reviewing applications for admissions – When updated information is available, all applicants will be notified.

Good luck everyone!

for clinical or counseling?

10 minutes ago, PavlovsMonster said:

I've seen a post or two in here but I'm not sure if it was ever answered. Has anyone heard from UMaine's clinical program? The only thing I've seen regarding them were two preliminary interviews back at the end of December. CUDCP has that their interview deadline was 1/10, however I have seen zero activity here or on the results page. Could it be possible that they're running behind like a few schools I've seen people report on in here?

Yes. I was invited to the in-person, which will be 2/3, on 12/16. 

Edited by kcfab12

32 minutes ago, PavlovsMonster said:

I’m still waiting to hear from them too. I sent the director an email yesterday regarding the status of my application but haven’t heard back yet.

Could anyone tell me what this means? Am I waitlisted? Was I rejected and they’re saying “try again next year”? Why is everything so cryptic lol. From the Virginia Consortium program director:

“Regrettably, we were not able to extend an offer to you for interviews.  However, there is a possibility that you may be considered later on, should you still be interested in our program.  If that opportunity arises, we would reach back out to you at that time.“

- Notre Dame FYI - 

From the graduate studies coordinator: Each of the faculty are going at their own pace. They will likely be conducting interviews through the beginning of February as the recruitment event is at the end of February. 

7 minutes ago, psychedtobePhD said:

Could anyone tell me what this means? Am I waitlisted? Was I rejected and they’re saying “try again next year”? Why is everything so cryptic lol. From the Virginia Consortium program director:

“Regrettably, we were not able to extend an offer to you for interviews.  However, there is a possibility that you may be considered later on, should you still be interested in our program.  If that opportunity arises, we would reach back out to you at that time.“

It sounds to me like it might be a waitlist. If a spot opens from someone who declines their offer they may offer you the spot or the chance to interview. 

Institution: University Of Massachusetts Boston

Program: Counseling Psychology

How Notified: E-mail

When Notified: 01/16/2020

Decision: Interview

Notes: Email from graduate coordinator notifying me of my invitation to the on-campus interview day on Thursday, February 6th.

14 minutes ago, PavlovsMonster said:

It sounds to me like it might be a waitlist. If a spot opens from someone who declines their offer they may offer you the spot or the chance to interview. 

This is what I assumed, but didn’t want to get my hopes up ? thanks for helping me clarify!

1 hour ago, psychhhhhhhhh said:

I haven't heard back yet and haven't seen any postings about it. Someone posted earlier saying that they would be sending out invites possibly next week.

1 hour ago, florafauna said:

Hey guys! Has anyone heard from American?

I called admissions, as they originally told me offers will go out last/ this week. They said offers will go out by the end of the month. Hope that helps!

47 minutes ago, PavlovsMonster said:

This is not a waitlist, sorry. They would tell you a waitlist. This basically means, you haven’t gotten the official rejection yet, but you likely will soon. Yes, there is a minuscule chance they could reach out to you later, but 99% of the time this type of email is the soft rejection before the official one. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

School: Loma Linda University

Type: Clinical Psychology PsyD

Date of invite: 1/10

Type of invite: Email

Interview date(s): 2/11 only

School: Pacific University

Type: Clinical Psychology PsyD

Date of invite: 1/16

Interview date(s): 2/10 or 2/14

Just got emails from Purdue and UVM -

all UVM invites have gone out, if you didn’t get one, they’ll wish you the best!

purdue in person interviews have gone out, but I guess it doesn’t mean you won’t get a telephone interview or just get admitted. Apparently a lot of interviews are phone or video, so the in person isn’t anything to worry about not getting (it seems).. so still some hope there!

Just noticed that someone posted an interview invite from Wayne State on the results page. If that person is you, could you possibly tell me if it was a mass e-mail or a personal e-mail from your POI?

Thanks!

Just now, psychologygeek said:

Just noticed that someone posted an interview invite from Wayne State on the results page. If that person is you, could you possibly tell me if it was a mass e-mail or a personal e-mail from your POI?

Thanks!

Same here please! Thanks!

45 minutes ago, merpppy said:

For the Hofstra poster, do  you think they're calling in alphabetical order? Freaking out over here!!

Hi! They sent an email yesterday that they are reviewing and will continue to send invitations until January 31! Good luck!  

School: UCLA

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 1/16/2019

Type of invite: Email from Clinical Area Coordinator

Interview date(s): "Mon, Feb. 3 and Tue, Feb. 4. If these dates are impossible for you, we can accommodate ad hoc interviews, either in person or by phone/skype, between Wed, Feb. 5 and Fri, Feb. 7"

3 hours ago, MegedE said:

I saw that U of Denver sent out some PsyD rejections yesterday and the day before. If I didn't get one yet, does that mean anything? Or do they send out rejections in small batches or something? Thanks in advance!

School: University of Denver

Type: PsyD

Date of invite: 1/16/2020

Type of invite: Email from Director of Admissions

Interview dates(s): Friday, February 21st, Saturday, February 22nd, Friday, February 28th, or Saturday, February 29th  

School: University of Washington

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD (Child Track)

Type of invite: Email invite for initial phone interview

Interview date(s): 1/20 (phone call)

School: Wayne State University

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Interview date(s): 2/28 (2/21 is alternate)