Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

Has anyone here reached out to see whether all interview invites have been extended for the counseling psych programs at Boston College or University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign? Saw that a Boston College POI recently contacted someone so feeling hopeful but could the person who posted clarify whether the BL was Liang or Lai? Thank you!! 

10 minutes ago, sjpsy2020 said:

Has anyone here reached out to see whether all interview invites have been extended for the counseling psych programs at Boston College or University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign? Saw that a Boston College POI recently contacted someone so feeling hopeful but could the person who posted clarify whether the BL was Liang or Lai? Thank you!! 

I emailed BC today and they said “as of today the admissions committee is still reviewing applications” whatever that means 

4 hours ago, SassyPsychologyMajor said:

I just wanted to say I think it's totally wild that the counseling psych program is already sending out invites. Clinical isn't going to send them out until 2/5-2/7.

When was the clinical app due? The counseling was 12/1

5 hours ago, psyched.maybe?? said:

Hi has anyone heard from East Carolina University yet? I think I saw posts from a year or two ago from around this time.

Thank you!

I saw that some people in the pediatric school psych concentration got interview invites the other day but I haven’t seen anything for the clinics program. I agree it’s getting kind of late though...

School: William Paterson 

Type: PsyD

Date of invite: 1/17/20 

Type of invite: Email from graduate director of program

Interview date(s): 2/6-2/7 

This is invite #3 and I am thoroughly in shock as I was rejected last year without any interviews. So excited ! Good luck everyone ?

16 hours ago, thelmaneb said:

I emailed BC today and they said “as of today the admissions committee is still reviewing applications” whatever that means 

Ugh, and we wait... Thanks for letting me know! 

For those who heard from the Counseling PhD at Fordham, was it a mass email? I spoke with my POI and he said that the admissions makes these decisions and CC'd him, but haven't heard anything. 

I have a question about interview dress. I have my first interview this coming week. I was planning on wearing a pants suit (black jacket and pants with a nice shirt.) But the climate is on the warm side. Is wearing a jacket too formal? Should I just wear a nice blouse and black pants? I was wearing a sleeveless shirt under the jacket, but if it's hot, and I need to take off the jacket, I don't think it would be appropriate to wear sleeveless. Any thoughts?

Edited by Callie1

3 minutes ago, Callie1 said:

I have a question about interview dress. I have my first interview this coming week. I was planning on wearing a pants suit (black jacket and pants with a nice shirt.) But the climate is on the warm side. Is wearing a jacket too formal? Should I just wear a nice blouse and black pants? I was wearing a sleeveless shirt under the jacket, but if it's hot, and I need to take off the jacket, I don't think it would be appropriate to wear sleeveless. Any thoughts?

Congrats! 

I would say that it is better to have a full suit. If you can endure the warmth to begin with, I would wear a jacket and a shirt with sleeves (maybe with breathable light material). Then, when you take your jacket off, you won't feel self conscious. In short, I agree with you, I wouldn't do sleeveless. 

School: Fordham University, Counseling Psych

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 1/17/2020

Type of invite: personal email from faculty member, not one of my three POIs, for on-campus interview morning 

Interview date(s): Monday, February 10th

Still waiting to hear anything from TC - anyone had contact? The last two years, per results page, were 1/15-1/17. Nothing posted there yet and I haven’t heard anything either. 

Edited by leeners

On 1/17/2020 at 7:39 PM, sjpsy2020 said:

I didn't ask if they were done, but my POI at UIUC told me that all faculty had to agree, and once they did they would all be sending out invites (on 1/10)

10 minutes ago, collegegrad2014 said:

Has anyone heard anything from the following PhD programs? 

1. University of Maryland Counseling

2. St.Johns University Clinical 

3. NYU Counseling 

4. Columbia Counseling

5. Rutgers Clinical 

There's been some debate about Rutgers having sent out all their invites, but no one is real sure what's going on. I reached out but haven't heard back yet. 

On 1/17/2020 at 11:53 AM, andhowdoesthatmakeyoufeel said:

I saw someone posting that Rutgers said all invites are extended, but I haven't seen a single one? And they don't usually send them out until nowish or later? 

They're talking about the PhD program. I personally haven't seen anyone reporting an interview invite for their PsyD program. Last year I didn't get their interview invitation til the end of January, so I wouldn't worry at all yet!

Edited by MegedE