Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

School: Southern Illinois University (Carbondale)

Type: PhD/PsyD

Date of invite: 1/20/2020

Type of invite: Email from DCT

Interview date(s): 2/23-2/24

PM me if you'd like any more info! The POI I applied to at SIU is leaving, but they offered me the opportunity to interview with a new faculty member conducting similar research. 

14 minutes ago, hopefulphd90 said:

Hi all,

If anyone reading this is waiting to hear from Teachers College, Columbia University. This was the email I received:

Thank you for your interest in our program! 

Our faculty just received the applications a week ago, so invitations should be emailed within the next 2 weeks.”

Hope this helps ease some of the wait anxiety. 

Was this email in general response to your application or in direct response to an outreach you made? Grateful for the info either way - at least I can stop refreshing this and the results page 10x an hour!

If anyone is waiting to here back from University of Texas Rio Grande Valley's Clinical Psyc program, this is an email I just received: 

"Thanks for checking in. The official letter for invites will be sent out tomorrow."

Best of luck all! 

35 minutes ago, fingerscrossedhopeful said:

I feel better seeing that other people still haven't received interview invites. I was wondering about the "results" page that people are talking about? Sorry I'm brand new here!

I applied to...

Florida State

University of South Dakota

University of Colorado-Boulder

Harvard

University of Oregon

University of Maryland- CP

Arizona State

University of Utah

If anyone has heard from these schools let me know :) 

CU Boulder's interview is next week 

38 minutes ago, fingerscrossedhopeful said:

I feel better seeing that other people still haven't received interview invites. I was wondering about the "results" page that people are talking about? Sorry I'm brand new here!

I applied to...

Florida State

University of South Dakota

University of Colorado-Boulder

Harvard

University of Oregon

University of Maryland- CP

Arizona State

University of Utah

If anyone has heard from these schools let me know :) 

I received an invitation to interview from USD on the 16th from my POI. They said the department recently completed the review of applications so I would think they are being sent out this week if not already.

16 minutes ago, leeners said:

Was this email in general response to your application or in direct response to an outreach you made? Grateful for the info either way - at least I can stop refreshing this and the results page 10x an hour!

Direct outreach. I called and got a generic response so I thought, doesn’t hurt to email them 

1 hour ago, hopefulphd90 said:

Hi all,

If anyone reading this is waiting to hear from Teachers College, Columbia University. This was the email I received:

Thank you for your interest in our program! 

Our faculty just received the applications a week ago, so invitations should be emailed within the next 2 weeks.”

Hope this helps ease some of the wait anxiety. 

Is this for their Counseling or Clinical Ph.D. program? Thanks!

For those wondering about Harvard like me, I reached out and although there is no formal interview weekend, PIs will reach out directly for an in person or Skype interview, and these are most likely to take place before February 6th, with decisions extended late February and March. I hope this helps!!

Has anyone heard from St. Louis University? The calendar says that invites should be out by this Friday, but I was wondering if anyone has heard from their PI's at this point?

Adding University of Missouri - Kansas City to my question too!

Edited by yeeboi

11 minutes ago, yeeboi said:

Has anyone heard from St. Louis University? The calendar says that invites should be out by this Friday, but I was wondering if anyone has heard from their PI's at this point?

Following for SLU as well! I have not heard anything myself, and I haven’t seen any posts from other applicants either.

27 minutes ago, yeeboi said:

14 minutes ago, webbz_world93 said:

Following for SLU as well! I have not heard anything myself, and I haven’t seen any posts from other applicants either.

Hi! I am an undergrad at slu and just met with one of the clinical faculty today! He said invites have not gone out from the program. I am not sure if any individual PIs reach out to individuals before invites are extended. DM me if you have any questions! 

29 minutes ago, yeeboi said:

Wondering this too! I haven't either. Looking at past years it seems they sent out invites on this coming Friday via mass email, so I would expect they will probably be doing the same this coming Friday. Super nervous as SLU is my first choice thus far!

3 minutes ago, PSYCHEDaboutneuropsych said:

Hi! I am an undergrad at slu and just met with one of the clinical faculty today! He said invites have not gone out from the program. I am not sure if any individual PIs reach out to individuals before invites are extended. DM me if you have any questions! 

Thank you for this update! That sounds great and definitely relieves some of the anxiety! :) 

41 minutes ago, Psyched Coffee Bean said:

Hello village! This is my 1st time applying and wanted to to know if there was a date by when you should throw in the hat and assume you've been rejected .....just wanted to set a date for my anxiety to be over ? thanks!

I’d say around mid-Feb since, at that point, most schools have had their interviews. Hang in there!! And if you don’t get in, don’t give up on your dreams! I didn’t get any interviews my first time applying and I applied a second time and things are going way better than last year :) fingers crossed for you. 

1 hour ago, Psyched Coffee Bean said:

Hello village! This is my 1st time applying and wanted to to know if there was a date by when you should throw in the hat and assume you've been rejected .....just wanted to set a date for my anxiety to be over ? thanks!

It also depends on where you apply, my list of schools I'm pretty sure I've been rejected by now but there's schools that notify significantly later than others. My first round applying too, gotta stay positive! Most people I've talked to didn't get in first try.

14 hours ago, Psychintraining said:

Wondering this too! I haven't either. Looking at past years it seems they sent out invites on this coming Friday via mass email, so I would expect they will probably be doing the same this coming Friday. Super nervous as SLU is my first choice thus far!

14 hours ago, webbz_world93 said:

Thank you for this update! That sounds great and definitely relieves some of the anxiety! :) 

Good luck to all of us then! Hopefully we'll all hear some good news on Friday.