Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

On 1/22/2020 at 4:14 PM, Ink-nut said:

Does anyone know if Depaul finished sending out all of their interview invites? I applied to the community clinical psych program but have not herd anything back yet...

I am also curious if any one has heard anything from DePaul. I applied for the community psyc program as well 

School: American University (PM for PI)

Type: Clinical Psych PhD

Date of invite: Jan 24

Type of invite: Mass email (assuming since it was from program coordinator)

Interview date(s): Feb 10 or 11

finally have good news to share!!

Edited by eve13

I've seen some people get interview invites and rejections from some of the universities I've applied to (e.g., michigan state and university of nebraska lincoln). I haven't heard anything, invite or rejection, and all of my applications still say that they're under review. What does this mean? 

6 minutes ago, noxandrayza said:

Hi congrats to everyone who received interviews :) I was wondering if anyone heard a word from CUNY- QUEENS campus? Thank you!!!

saw several invites a few weeks ago but not sure if they are done inviting people

On 1/22/2020 at 8:25 PM, CatastrophizingNerd said:

Thanks!

Good luck to everyone! I deduced that I received 0 invites this cycle and will try my best for the next cycle. For those with even just a single interview, know that hundreds of applicants would die to be in your shoes. I'm a bit heartbroken (0 invites from 10+ applications), but also have the foresight and resilience to get through another year. I'm just happy I get to finally take off these worry pants and go back to the focused grind.

Best of luck to those with interviews and those still holding out!

I was in your shoes last year. This year I have 3 interviews. It was a humbling experience. I had only applied to top programs. This year, I had a better mix. I believe this helped me coupled with 3 posters that I got accepted to present in the summer. Keep at it. You will be more than fine. 

1 hour ago, Jvs2020 said:

That be great ! I saw someone got a phone interview invite today. Do all PIs do that ? 

Well, I know my boss definitely doesn't, so I don't think all PIs do. I'm not sure about the other people in the department, but I'll ask our grad students if they're around and see if they know!

1 hour ago, psychfemme said:

I've seen some people get interview invites and rejections from some of the universities I've applied to (e.g., michigan state and university of nebraska lincoln). I haven't heard anything, invite or rejection, and all of my applications still say that they're under review. What does this mean? 

Probably some form of waitlist if applicants don’t accept interview invites or they don’t want to offer admission to those they do interview. I’m a grad student at UNL and can confirm we sent out our interview invites the first week of January. 

School: University of Washington

Type: Clinical Child PhD

Date of invite: 1/24/20

Type of invite: E-mail from POI

Interview date(s):  2/23-2/24

-----

School: University of Minnesota

Type: Clinical PhD 

Date of invite: 1/24/20

Type of invite: E-mail from Associate Director of Graduate Studies

Interview date(s):  2/20-2/22

UIUC Applicants - I've emailed the department and was told that faculty are currently reviewing all applications and typically begin interviews in February, sending letters of notification as early as mid-Feb and as late as mid-March. If you're not contacted for an interview by end of February, it does not mean that you won't be asked to interview. Hope that helps!!

38 minutes ago, laniekid said:

UIUC Applicants - I've emailed the department and was told that faculty are currently reviewing all applications and typically begin interviews in February, sending letters of notification as early as mid-Feb and as late as mid-March. If you're not contacted for an interview by end of February, it does not mean that you won't be asked to interview. Hope that helps!!

Oof. I was told earlier in the season that their interview date would be 2/15-2/16? I guess that changed? Did you happen to get dates? (I've been holding out regarding travel plans...)

Hi all! Wondering if anyone has heard back from these schools - some are school psych/combined programs

University if Oregon (school psych)

UC Santa Barbara (combined)

UVA Curry (combined)

UConn

Stony Brook

Montclair State

Binghamton

USC (pretty sure this one has already had its interview date)

Hang in there everyone - this is the worst month!