Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

1 hour ago, Modulus said:

Oof. I was told earlier in the season that their interview date would be 2/15-2/16? I guess that changed? Did you happen to get dates? (I've been holding out regarding travel plans...)

I'm pretty sure UIUC doesn't do an in person interview day, so faculty are kind of reaching out at their own pace. No, I didn't get anything specific. Here's the full email:

"Thank you for your inquiry. I can tell you that the admissions faculty are currently reviewing all of the applications. Typically, they will begin interviews in February and we will send letters of notification as early as mid-February and as late as mid-March. Due to the fact that we have many faculty who need to review many applications and each have various obligations to their current students, research, and course offerings, I am not able to narrow it down much further than that. Furthermore, you should note that even if you are not contacted for an interview by the end of February, it does not mean that you won’t be asked to interview. The process involves many steps including various review and interview times. I wish that I could be more specific, but we must beg your patience during this arduous process.

Please rest assured that each of our faculty are committed to reviewing the applications carefully and that we will contact every applicant with a decision response."

47 minutes ago, cgran9 said:

Hi all! Wondering if anyone has heard back from these schools - some are school psych/combined programs

University if Oregon (school psych)

UC Santa Barbara (combined)

UVA Curry (combined)

UConn

Stony Brook

Montclair State

Binghamton

USC (pretty sure this one has already had its interview date)

Hang in there everyone - this is the worst month!

UConn clinical? Or another program?

Clinical interviews are this upcoming week. 

42 minutes ago, laniekid said:

I'm pretty sure UIUC doesn't do an in person interview day, so faculty are kind of reaching out at their own pace. No, I didn't get anything specific. Here's the full email:

"Thank you for your inquiry. I can tell you that the admissions faculty are currently reviewing all of the applications. Typically, they will begin interviews in February and we will send letters of notification as early as mid-February and as late as mid-March. Due to the fact that we have many faculty who need to review many applications and each have various obligations to their current students, research, and course offerings, I am not able to narrow it down much further than that. Furthermore, you should note that even if you are not contacted for an interview by the end of February, it does not mean that you won’t be asked to interview. The process involves many steps including various review and interview times. I wish that I could be more specific, but we must beg your patience during this arduous process.

Please rest assured that each of our faculty are committed to reviewing the applications carefully and that we will contact every applicant with a decision response."

Thanks for obtaining and sharing this info! I was starting to assume I didn't have a chance there because I hadn't heard from them. This is my first time applying and this process is really teaching me to have more patience. 

3 hours ago, cgran9 said:

Hi all! Wondering if anyone has heard back from these schools - some are school psych/combined programs

UVA Curry (combined)

UConn

Stony Brook

Montclair State

Binghamton

I think UCSB had their interview day last week, unless the counseling track is on a different schedule than the school track

17 hours ago, noxandrayza said:

Hi congrats to everyone who received interviews :) I was wondering if anyone heard a word from CUNY- QUEENS campus? Thank you!!!

Their interview was yesterday 1/24! I can’t say they’re done because I don’t know, but that was the only interview date I was aware of. 

13 hours ago, cgran9 said:

UVA Curry (combined)

UConn

Stony Brook

Montclair State

Binghamton

On the results page it looks like Stony Brook has already sent out invites in December. Binghamton has interviews in two weeks- I heard back from them in December.

13 hours ago, laniekid said:

I'm not sure what the case is, but they are having an in-person interview day, at least for some people? The weekend is from 2/14-2/16 and that is when they conduct in-person interviews. This information came from my POI though, so I of course do not know everyone's individual situations.

7 minutes ago, sdpsych said:

I'm not sure what the case is, but they are having an in-person interview day, at least for some people? The weekend is from 2/14-2/16 and that is when they conduct in-person interviews. This information came from my POI though, so I of course do not know everyone's individual situations.

Thank you for the info!! Yeah, this is really confusing if she's saying that they send decisions as early as mid February and that they begin interviews in February but there's also an in person weekend mid February? It must be different per POI

4 minutes ago, psychologygeek said:

For the SLU Posters, was it a mass e-mail or an individual email from your POI? Thanks!

It was a mass email I think! It had my name in the subject line though so it was somewhat personalized I guess but the rest of the email seemed to be mass.

Edited by Psychintraining

School: University of Indianapolis

Type: PsyD

Date of invite: 12/20

Type of invite: Mass email

Interview date(s): 1/17 or 1/31

School: Loyola University Maryland

Type: PsyD

Date of invite: 1/21

Interview date(s): 2/21

School: Yeshiva University

Type: PhD (Health Emphasis)

Date of invite: 1/23

Interview date(s): 2/12 or 2/19

School: Rosalind Franklin University

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 2/23

Type of invite: Phone call from POI

Interview date(s): 2/28

School: Fairleigh Dickinson University

Date of invite: 1/24

Interview date(s): 2/9 or 2/14 with option of either morning or afternoon session

School: Saint Louis University

Date of invite: 1/24

Interview date(s): 2/20, 2/21, 2/27

Sorry for the mass dump of invites! I've been using this forum so much but realized I have not posted any of my own information to help others! Please feel free to PM me for POI info or anything else.

18 hours ago, cgran9 said:

UVA Curry (combined)

UConn

Stony Brook

Montclair State

Binghamton

Reached out to Montclair and was told by office staff that they are still reviewing applications...but also heard some labs already held their interviews so I'm sorry if this made it more confusing  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 1/24/2020 at 10:29 AM, psychfemme said:

I've seen some people get interview invites and rejections from some of the universities I've applied to (e.g., michigan state and university of nebraska lincoln). I haven't heard anything, invite or rejection, and all of my applications still say that they're under review. What does this mean? 

I was wondering the same thing. Experiencing the same thing with U Miami

Does anyone have any cases where they had multiple interviews during an application round, but didn't get accepted to any of them? I've got three interviews so far, but I'm really nervous I won't be accepted to any of them and will have to try again next year (not that that's the worst thing, but still nervous). Any help? Anything you would have done differently? Thanks so much! Feel free to PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting publicly.

Edited by PsychHuman