Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

11 minutes ago, psychedtobePhD said:

Anyone else have an interview in Chicago but feel really nervous about the recent coronavirus outbreak up there? Asking for a friend ?

It's very unlikely you will encounter the two who are receiving treatment/being monitored! Also I'm pretty certain health officials are monitoring the other people they potentially interacted with. Not to freak you out, but right now it's more likely that you'll get a cold or flu than the coronavirus!

Edited by anxiousgorl

1 hour ago, psy2020 said:

Has anyone heard anything from Syracuse? I only have seen two posts on the results page.

In regards to Teachers College's clinical program (I'm in a MA program there): only one professor, Dr. Cha, has set up prelim. phone calls - as far as I know. Interviews should be extended in the beginning of Feb.. next week I'm thinking. Just a heads up! 

This is just clinical right? Not counseling

7 minutes ago, psychedtobePhD said:

Anyone else have an interview in Chicago but feel really nervous about the recent coronavirus outbreak up there? Asking for a friend ?

Last year alone, 60,000 people died from the flu in the US. Statically speaking, you are much more likely to get infected with the flu, and subsequently die from the flu. But we've all been out here living our best lives anyways haha! So try not to stress about it despite the media coverage.

2 hours ago, anxiousgorl said:

This is my first time applying to graduate school, but is it normal for a school to just not tell you anything? To just leave you hanging? Cause I also did extra steps to also apply for the Ed.M Counseling program so I'm not sure if that means I'm just not accepted for either or

Hey so this is my 2nd time applying For PhD programs and honestly unless you reach out you won’t find out anything if you haven’t received an invite. Usually they wait until they have their confirmed incoming class to send out rejections. I actually received my MA from Teachers College so usually if you weren’t offered an invite to the PhD program they will reach out if they want to interview you for Ed.M and let you know. That’s usually towards the end of Feb/ March. Keep your fingers crossed and good luck!

5 hours ago, Ppkitty said:

I saw a couple rejections from SUNY Albany counseling on the results page. Did anyone get an acceptance or waitlist?

My guess is that these are either folks who found their rejection emails late or that, as you're guessing, they received a rejection. The 3 interviewees I have been in contact with haven't heard a peep (out of the three of us we have two different POI, so it isn't just one POI being late).

On 1/31/2020 at 9:51 PM, FingersCrossed34 said:

Hi! I'm in the same boat. I'm not sure what to make of it either

Where was the rejection? I don’t see it when I log into the application but I haven’t been invited for an interview. Still a glimmer of hope?

23 minutes ago, PsychHuman said:

Hi crew, quick question. If/when you get a formal offer letter from a school, does the funding offer usually accompany it? And if so, does the funding offer usually indicate the amount of funding? Thanks!

My funding was in my formal offer letter and it did tell me the amount. Don’t accept any offer without the funding details clearly laid out. 

I have an interview coming up and part of it includes some social gatherings at a restaurant. I know this is very much part of them evaluating me and to behave appropriately, don't get drunk, etc. But how am I supposed to dress? Is this a time to dress a bit more casually and express myself or should I err on the side of caution and go full on dress pants/blazer? 

1 hour ago, MyAmygdalaDoesn'tLikeThis said:

I have an interview coming up and part of it includes some social gatherings at a restaurant. I know this is very much part of them evaluating me and to behave appropriately, don't get drunk, etc. But how am I supposed to dress? Is this a time to dress a bit more casually and express myself or should I err on the side of caution and go full on dress pants/blazer? 

I asked a grad student in my lab about this and she said when in doubt, overdress rather than underdress. One of my schools is doing the same thing and didn’t lay out a dress code for it so I’m going to wear a blouse and dress pants and save the blazer for the interview the next day ?

2 hours ago, MyAmygdalaDoesn'tLikeThis said:

I've been doing super casual and everyone else at the programs is doing the same. Express yourself.