Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

23 hours ago, MyAmygdalaDoesn'tLikeThis said:

I have an interview coming up and part of it includes some social gatherings at a restaurant. I know this is very much part of them evaluating me and to behave appropriately, don't get drunk, etc. But how am I supposed to dress? Is this a time to dress a bit more casually and express myself or should I err on the side of caution and go full on dress pants/blazer? 

If the dinner is immediately after a full interview day, most people show up in the same clothes (minus blazer/tie). If the dinner is an informal event before/following the interview day then business casual (Jean's & dress top) have been my go to. Best of luck on your interview, you got this!

I keep seeing UNC rejections and I was wondering if people got a link to a portal besides where we submitted apps?? B/c I have gotten zero emails since submitting. Same with CUNY

1 hour ago, pastel2020 said:

hey has anyone heard from UMASS Boston clinical psych phd? 

Hey! The program sent out an e-mail in mid-January that stated that we would be contacted about whether or not we are invited to interview "during the first week of February (between 2/5 and 2/7)." So I guess tomorrow?  

6 hours ago, laniekid said:

Those rejected from University of South Florida: was this post interview? was it a mass rejection or from POI? Please DM me! Thank you!! 

I am not one of those posters, and I haven't heard back from USF after my interview yet, but I am assuming those people were probably *not* rejected post-interview, since USF has 2 interview day options and one of those days hasn't occurred yet. 

8 hours ago, whitmanic said:

School: Teachers College, Columbia University

Type: PhD Clinical Psychology

Date of invite: 2/4

Type of invite: E-mail from POI

Interview date(s): 2/13

Goodness, didn’t give you much warning did they?

3 hours ago, MiddleOfSomeCalibrations said:

I am not one of those posters, and I haven't heard back from USF after my interview yet, but I am assuming those people were probably *not* rejected post-interview, since USF has 2 interview day options and one of those days hasn't occurred yet. 

Thanks for the reminder!! I interviewed but my POI was not in attendance for the second interview weekend, so I figured she might be making her decisions earlier. 

Just received an email that I was wait-listed for Eastern Michigan's Clinical Psych program. POI is CP! Really hoping for this one to work out, but if not, at least I can go into my other interviews feeling confident!

Congrats to all who received offers!