Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

School: University of Missouri Kansas City

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Method: Email from POI

Date of invite: 22 January 2020

Date of interview: 21 February 2020 (unofficial*)

*POI mentioned that the list was still being narrowed down

School: Pacific University 

Type: PsyD

Date of invite: 1/22/2020

Type: Rejection Email

They have completed their review of applications and are not able to offer me admission.  Offered to pass my application on to the MA of Psychological Sciences Program Director.  I already have my master's so am not interested.  Good luck to all of you out there!

School: University of La Verne

Type: Clinical Psychology PsyD

Date of invite: 1/22/2020

Type of invite: email from psychology department manager 

Interview date(s): February 8, February 14, and February 21

Does anyone know if The Wright Institute sends out their interview invites over a certain window of time or if they all roll out at once? I see that a couple of people have been invited so far, and I haven't heard from them yet. 

4 hours ago, psych2020 said:

I’ve heard Yale extended all invites

Thanks!

Good luck to everyone! I deduced that I received 0 invites this cycle and will try my best for the next cycle. For those with even just a single interview, know that hundreds of applicants would die to be in your shoes. I'm a bit heartbroken (0 invites from 10+ applications), but also have the foresight and resilience to get through another year. I'm just happy I get to finally take off these worry pants and go back to the focused grind.

Best of luck to those with interviews and those still holding out!

Just now, CatastrophizingNerd said:

Thanks!

Good luck to everyone! I deduced that I received 0 invites this cycle and will try my best for the next cycle. For those with even just a single interview, know that hundreds of applicants would die to be in your shoes. I'm a bit heartbroken (0 invites from 10+ applications), but also have the foresight and resilience to get through another year. I'm just happy I get to finally take off these worry pants and go back to the focused grind.

Best of luck to those with interviews and those still holding out!

The optimism is what you need to get through. You got this and the only thing you can do is reevaluate and make your application better for next cycle! Don't stress and I'm sending good vibes your way

1 hour ago, Asdfghjkl123 said:

Are any of the Suffolk posters able to tell if the invite is a mass email? Trying to determine whether I’m done for ?

It appears to be a mass email - asking for an RSVP in which you indicate 2-3 POIs you would like to interview with. I'm sorry :( not necessarily "done for" though, you never know about what they do if people decline the invite!

School: City College of the City University of New York

Method: Email from admissions coordinator

Date of interview: 13 February 2020

7 hours ago, whitmanic said:

School: City College of the City University of New York

Method: Email from admissions coordinator

Date of interview: 13 February 2020

Congratulations!  Was this mass or direct?  And if you can say, who is your POI?

1 hour ago, JustW8ing said:

Congratulations!  Was this mass or direct?  And if you can say, who is your POI?

Looked mass, but then again, doesn't seem to have all gone out on the same day (I saw someone post one a few days ago). Also, my understanding is that admissions doesn't operate on a POI basis. TBH, didn't contact any specific faculty member during the process, other than those with program admin roles.