Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

17 hours ago, noxandrayza said:

Hi Everyone!

I saw some interview invites for the SDSU/UCSD joint PhD clinical program (15 Jan). From what I can tell from previous years, the invites tended to be two days apart or so- and that's it. Should I just give up all hope? What do you think? :(

Called the program coordinator at SDSU and she informed me that they have not finished sending out interview invitations and aiming to have all sent by Tuesday because of the Monday holiday

58 minutes ago, hopefulgrad2019 said:

I remember last year not seeing anything about Temple but my friend got an interview. Not everyone is on grad cafe. 

Yeah, of course, it's just that this seems early for them to have sent them all out based on the last couple years, and it's a major program that so many people on here applied to. Just seemed odd. 

Either way, I emailed the coordinator, so I'm hoping they'll answer. 

1 hour ago, PsychHuman said:

To the University of Minnesota rejection posters on the results page — Was that for clinical? Did you have a phone interview and then receive a rejection, or no interviews at all prior to the rejection? Thanks and sorry!

This was from the Dev Psych/DPCS program I'm assuming. I got my rejection from that program this afternoon too.

Anyone know if the University of Maryland College Park counseling program has sent out all of their interview invites yet? I saw some posts on the results page from a while ago, but wanted to see if anyone knew if they were still extending offers or not? Thank you :)

On 1/16/2020 at 10:17 AM, Ppkitty said:

Institution: University Of Massachusetts Boston

Program: Counseling Psychology

How Notified: E-mail

When Notified: 01/16/2020

Decision: Interview

Notes: Email from graduate coordinator notifying me of my invitation to the on-campus interview day on Thursday, February 6th.

I just wanted to say I think it's totally wild that the counseling psych program is already sending out invites. Clinical isn't going to send them out until 2/5-2/7.

If any of you are wondering, Iowa State is done sending out invites. I got an email from the program director today that they finished sending them all out. I was told that I'm "on hold" which means they might extend an offer to me if they go through all their interviewees and don't offer them admission (very rare so I'm crossing it off my list.)

Edited by SassyPsychologyMajor