Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

1 hour ago, QuinnH said:

Does anyone have thoughts on the pros/cons of staying with a graduate student during your interview?  I think it would be great to get more in-depth info on the program, but I can see how there might be downsides as well, like not being able to have time to decompress after travel.  I requested to be housed with a grad student for an upcoming interview, but now I'm wondering if my little introvert self might be more comfortable staying at a hotel.  Thoughts?

Like everyone else said, stay with a current graduate student unless you have severe anxiety or know yourself to not be socialable at all in the evenings 

11 minutes ago, coffeendogs said:

Has anyone heard from University of Illinois Chicago/know if all invitations have been sent out? 

I have heard from my POI (MM) and the department, however, all were very personalized emails (as opposed to a seemingly mass email). I’m not sure if all invites have been sent out yet but the interview date is January 31st.

7 hours ago, clinicalpsych.2020 said:

Did all U of Rochester invites go out? I saw someone post a rejection and others posted interviews but I haven’t received any news..

I'm not sure about the Clinical program, but I think all invites have already been sent out for the Social program! ? 

24 minutes ago, Jvs2020 said:

School: University of Miami (Florida)

Type: Counseling PhD

Date of invite: 1/13

Type of invite: phone call from POI (DS)

Interview date(s): February 10th 

What?? I thought they had all their invites out..can you PM me your POI? Congrats!

1 hour ago, psychedtobePhD said:

What?? I thought they had all their invites out..can you PM me your POI? Congrats!

No their counsing program hadn't sent any out yet

On 1/10/2020 at 3:02 PM, Justice4All said:

School: University of North Carolina at Charlotte

Type: PhD (Clinical)

Date of invite: 1/10/2020

Type of invite: Email from program Director 

Interview date(s): 2/7 

Congrats! This is a great school. 

One quick question, was your rejection from U of Houston assumed or formal? I haven't actually heard anything from them, so I am assuming rejection.

On 1/9/2020 at 6:09 PM, webbz_world93 said:

Has anyone heard from any of the following? (All PhD Clinical)

East Carolina University 

Saint Louis university 

Washington State University 

washington university- STL

Wayne State University 

I looked at the results page- last year SLU didn't send our invites until January 24th. Fingers crossed as this is one of my top choices. 

I am not sure about Wayne State! I also applied there and have not heard anything back yet. 

1 hour ago, psychologygeek said:

I looked at the results page- last year SLU didn't send our invites until January 24th. Fingers crossed as this is one of my top choices. 

I am not sure about Wayne State! I also applied there and have not heard anything back yet. 

I found out from another poster that Wayne State will be sending out invites either this week or next week!

And thank you so much! This is very helpful :) Best of luck!!

9 hours ago, psychologygeek said:

7 hours ago, webbz_world93 said:

I found out from another poster that Wayne State will be sending out invites either this week or next week!

And thank you so much! This is very helpful :) Best of luck!!

Per CUDCP, they should be sending out invites on Wednesday of this week. Good luck!

And SLU is supposed to be 1/24 according to CUDCP's site as well.

Edited by emdreaming
update

35 minutes ago, emdreaming said:

Per CUDCP, they should be sending out invites on Wednesday of this week. Good luck!

And SLU is supposed to be 1/24 according to CUDCP's site as well.

Perfect!! Thank you for the update! Good luck! :) 

School: University of Nebraska, Lincoln

Type: PhD (Clinical)

Date of invite: 1/7/2020

Type of invite: Email from PI

Interview date(s): NA - Skype Interview, still figuring out a date that works for everyone. 

The email I received stated that I am receiving a Skype interview due to the competitiveness of the program, but that they still with to consider me as a candidate. Does this put me at a disadvantage? Any advice? My PI is AA, is anyone else interviewing in person or through Skype for AA as well?