Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

School: Central Michigan University

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: 1/13

Type of invite: Email from administrative secretary (containing letter from DCT and head of grad admissions)

Interview date(s): 2/14

Feel free to DM me if you have any questions :) The invite is for their Open House—the letter mentioned that they don't do formal interviews per se. 

School: Central Michigan University

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: 1/13

Type of invite: Mass Email from Director of Clinical Program & Admissions Chair

Interview date(s): No Official Interview, Open House on 2/14 (POI SD)

Email stated the admissions committee had finished preliminary review of applications, and invite is for optional open house since  there is no official interview process

Edited by Psyched Coffee Bean
adding POI details

Hi! If anyone has any information on these programs please let me know :)

Case Western- I've seen some interviews and some rejections on the results page but I have heard nothing. Application still says "Under Review."

John Jay- I've seen some interviews and some rejections on the results page, but I did not get anything. Could this mean I'm an alternate?

DePaul- has anyone heard from the community track? Thank you!

Edited by okpsych

6 minutes ago, okpsych said:

Hi! If anyone has any information on these programs please let me know :)

Case Western- I've seen some interviews and some rejections on the results page but I have heard nothing. Application still says "Under Review."

John Jay- I've seen some interviews and some rejections on the results page, but I did not get anything. Could this mean I'm an alternate?

DePaul- has anyone heard from the community track? Thank you!

John Jay told me I wasn't going to get an interview, but I never was formally rejected either! So who knows.

Does anyone have thoughts on the pros/cons of staying with a graduate student during your interview?  I think it would be great to get more in-depth info on the program, but I can see how there might be downsides as well, like not being able to have time to decompress after travel.  I requested to be housed with a grad student for an upcoming interview, but now I'm wondering if my little introvert self might be more comfortable staying at a hotel.  Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, QuinnH said:

Does anyone have thoughts on the pros/cons of staying with a graduate student during your interview?  I think it would be great to get more in-depth info on the program, but I can see how there might be downsides as well, like not being able to have time to decompress after travel.  I requested to be housed with a grad student for an upcoming interview, but now I'm wondering if my little introvert self might be more comfortable staying at a hotel.  Thoughts?

Definitely stay with a graduate student. I recently graduated from a Clinical Psychology Master's program where my professors were on the admissions committee of the University's Clinical PhD program. The number one piece of advice they gave us was to always accept staying with a grad student host for a few different reasons (can DM if you want to talk further). As an introvert myself, I'm also concerned but decided I have to make the best of my stay!

20 minutes ago, QuinnH said:

You pretty much nailed it. It was a good experience in that I got another chance to make a good impression, got to chat a little more about the program, and my grad student drove me around and showed me the area---it was also crazy exhausting. 

2 minutes ago, Stressed&CoffeeObsessed said:

Would the poster from Georgia State (if they’re on here) mind DMing me the name of their POI and if the phone call they got to inform them of an interview came from the POI or the department? Thanks and congrats! 

Me too! (Also when GSU’s interview weekend will be) Thanks!

1 minute ago, corbeau0 said:

Me too! (Also when GSU’s interview weekend will be) Thanks!

Their interviews are either 2/19 or 2/21 from what I saw on the website. Apparently they assign you to a day but maybe you can switch if one doesn’t work? 

5 minutes ago, Stressed&CoffeeObsessed said:

Would the poster from Georgia State (if they’re on here) mind DMing me the name of their POI and if the phone call they got to inform them of an interview came from the POI or the department? Thanks and congrats! 

Same for me!