Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

7 hours ago, fixology said:

They did end up processing my subject test scores, though in my case the thing that held up my app for a few days was the "GPA Summary" (word doc with list of relevant courses taken sophomore year onward with grades included, emailed to the grad school) which wasn't listed as a requirement anywhere in the application or in the Clinical PhD "How to Apply" page! Very strange. 

I'M SO GLAD THIS WASN'T JUST ME. I just went though this issue too! I spoke to 2 people, both of which told me to just be patient and they were processing things. Finally, the third person explained that the GPA summary was different, and I thought I was going crazy because I didn't see that written anywhere!

44 minutes ago, Brit3579 said:

I'M SO GLAD THIS WASN'T JUST ME. I just went though this issue too! I spoke to 2 people, both of which told me to just be patient and they were processing things. Finally, the third person explained that the GPA summary was different, and I thought I was going crazy because I didn't see that written anywhere!

Seriously, I even googled it and couldn’t find it listed on the UMB website at all! It worked out okay for us in the end but that was an unexpected surprise, haha. So odd they didn’t seem to have any mention of it anywhere else, considering we already included our transcripts and GPA in the main app and course summary in the supplemental app! 

School: Mississippi State University

Type: Clinical Psychology Ph.D.

Date of invite: 12/20

Type of invite: Email from DCT (feel free to DM for PI)

Interview date(s): 1/31

Would the posters with interviews at Vanderbilt and IUPUI mind posting their POI post initials if they’re on here? And if they were personal or mass emails? Thank you and happy holidays to everyone! 

19 minutes ago, Stressed&CoffeeObsessed said:

Would the posters with interviews at Vanderbilt and IUPUI mind posting their POI post initials if they’re on here? And if they were personal or mass emails? Thank you and happy holidays to everyone! 

School: Vanderbilt

Type: Clinical Science Ph.D.

Type of invite: Email from POI (AK)

47 minutes ago, Stressed&CoffeeObsessed said:

Type of invite: Email from POI (SP)

Happy holidays to everyone!!

1 hour ago, citrus17 said:

Type of invite: Email from POI (SP)

Happy holidays to everyone!!

Hopefully this means the other PIs will be sending out info soon too ? 

19 hours ago, fixology said:

Seriously, I even googled it and couldn’t find it listed on the UMB website at all! It worked out okay for us in the end but that was an unexpected surprise, haha. So odd they didn’t seem to have any mention of it anywhere else, considering we already included our transcripts and GPA in the main app and course summary in the supplemental app! 

I'm just hoping it doesn't come back to bite me since it was submitted so late after the deadline. Everything else was submitted before deadline, so I'm hoping it's okay.

School: University of Vermont 

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD 

Date of Invite: 12/21/19

Type of Invite: email from poi (JA)

Preliminary phone interview with poi scheduled for Jan. 6/7th

Edited by PhDpls
More informtatiin

10 minutes ago, PhDpls said:

School: University of Vermont 

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD 

Date of Invite: 12/21/19

Type of Invite: email from poi (JA)

Preliminary phone interview with poi scheduled for Jan. 6/7th

Congrats! I worked in her lab as an undergrad and she's fantastic.