Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

12 hours ago, MaybeMaybe2020 said:

Does anyone know if there is a google spreadsheet for all the results like there was last year? I remember it being super useful 

There does not appear to be one.  Unfortunately, last year's spreadsheet has been deleted.  Do you remember what was on it?

Hi all. I am currently a first-year student in a Clinical Psychology PhD program and thought I would share this info on the interview for the schools I applied to last year and the interview invitation date/method for the schools I interviewed at. I would have loved something like this last year – I lurked on Grad Café but never created an account or posted so now I want to give back!  Keep in mind, at some schools the POI will contact you directly and at other schools it will be the DCT or an administrative assistant sending out a mass email. This was my FIFTH time applying to Clinical Psych PhD programs and I finally made it so you all definitely can too!! All of this info is for the Clinical Psychology PhD programs for these schools! Any questions about anything at all, please PM me!

School (Interview Invitation Date/Method)                                  Interview Date(s)     

Marquette Univ (12/19/18; mass email from DCT)              1/28/19, 2/1/19, 2/4/19 (you choose)

Fordham Univ (1/14/19; mass email from DCT)                   1/25/19, 2/1/19 (you choose)

Univ of Florida (12/20/18; mass email from DCT)                 2/14/19 – 2/16/19

Louisiana State Univ (12/14/18; direct from POI)                  2/1/19

Univ of Kentucky                                                                        1/24/19 – 1/25/19

Univ of North Texas                                                                   2/1/19

Temple Univ                                                                                1/14/19

Univ of Utah                                                                                 2/1/19

Univ of Kansas                                                                            2/7/19 – 2/9/19

Univ of Montana                                                                         2/8/19

Univ of Pittsburgh                                                                       2/15/19 – 2/16/19

Univ of Rhode Island                                                                  2/18/19

Washington State Univ                                                               3/1/19

Ohio Univ                                                                                2/1/19, 2/8/19 (you choose)

Hi!

Sorry for squeezing in when I'm not Clinical/Counseling but this thread seem to be the most active for interview-related discussions.

What is recommended for responding to interview invitation emails?

Do you immediately say Yes! then try to reschedule later (if needed) if you get more invitations from other schools? Or do you politely ask for an rsvp deadline?

Thanks in advance

12 hours ago, vusdbstjs said:

School: SMU

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 12/9

Type of invite: doodle invite for Skype interview. Seems like this is a prelim before on-campus interview 

Interview date(s): 12/13

Hey are you referring to Southern Methodist of Southern Mississippi (or another SMU)? 

On 12/8/2019 at 5:36 PM, Temperance said:

There is a long list of potential questions here: https://liberalarts.utexas.edu/psychology/_files/PDF/diversitypdfs/Interview-Questions.pdf

The questions you actually get will vary based on the professor and program.  Do you have any mentors with whom you can speak about how they evaluate applicants?

Thank you so much for sending that link over.

Yes, there is but I'm too shy to ask him. I applied to work with him, so I don't know if he will be conducting the interview. . . IF I GET ONE. . . or if it would be someone else. But thank you so much for all of this :)

Just received my first formal interview invite at University of Georgia!!! :) POI is CS. 

School: University of Georgia

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 12/10/19

Type of invite: Email from Graduate Coordinator

Interview date(s): January 31st

Edited by laniekid

On 12/5/2019 at 8:32 PM, ClinicalPsychApp2020 said:

Does anyone have advice when preparing for a Skype interview? I was recently invited to a Skype interview with one of my top choice POIs from UIC. I currently work with this person and have a strong professional relationship with them (so they're not a stranger).

Responses appreciated!

Make sure you are in a room with a neutral background and that you are somewhere where you will not be interrupted or have loud noise from outside the room.

On 12/9/2019 at 4:43 PM, PsychedUp! said:

Hi all. I am currently a first-year student in a Clinical Psychology PhD program and thought I would share this info on the interview for the schools I applied to last year and the interview invitation date/method for the schools I interviewed at. I would have loved something like this last year – I lurked on Grad Café but never created an account or posted so now I want to give back!  Keep in mind, at some schools the POI will contact you directly and at other schools it will be the DCT or an administrative assistant sending out a mass email. This was my FIFTH time applying to Clinical Psych PhD programs and I finally made it so you all definitely can too!! All of this info is for the Clinical Psychology PhD programs for these schools! Any questions about anything at all, please PM me!

School (Interview Invitation Date/Method)                                  Interview Date(s)     

Marquette Univ (12/19/18; mass email from DCT)              1/28/19, 2/1/19, 2/4/19 (you choose)

Fordham Univ (1/14/19; mass email from DCT)                   1/25/19, 2/1/19 (you choose)

Univ of Florida (12/20/18; mass email from DCT)                 2/14/19 – 2/16/19

Louisiana State Univ (12/14/18; direct from POI)                  2/1/19

Univ of Kentucky                                                                        1/24/19 – 1/25/19

Univ of North Texas                                                                   2/1/19

Temple Univ                                                                                1/14/19

Univ of Utah                                                                                 2/1/19

Univ of Kansas                                                                            2/7/19 – 2/9/19

Univ of Montana                                                                         2/8/19

Univ of Pittsburgh                                                                       2/15/19 – 2/16/19

Univ of Rhode Island                                                                  2/18/19

Washington State Univ                                                               3/1/19

Ohio Univ                                                                                2/1/19, 2/8/19 (you choose)

Very helpful, thanks!! Where did you end up?