2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

Saw a few posts on admission/invitation to campus visit to University of Florida in the result page. Congrats!

I am an international applicant.  Received an email from the political science dept asking for my official transcript 'to sent to the admission office'. Does anyone know if its a sign of admission?  I have not received any email on invitation to campus visit .... kind of confused right now....please help. 

Here is some info from their application page: 

We may begin our assessment with unofficial transcripts, which applicants can upload with other application materials. However, the University Admissions Office must receive official copies of all transcripts before we can admit any applicant.

33 minutes ago, Vivlovelife28 said:

Saw a few posts on admission/invitation to campus visit to University of Florida in the result page. Congrats!

I am an international applicant.  Received an email from the political science dept asking for my official transcript 'to sent to the admission office'. Does anyone know if its a sign of admission?  I have not received any email on invitation to campus visit .... kind of confused right now....please help. 

Here is some info from their application page: 

We may begin our assessment with unofficial transcripts, which applicants can upload with other application materials. However, the University Admissions Office must receive official copies of all transcripts before we can admit any applicant.

International applicant as well. I received an email asking for my official transcripts, and about an hour later got the email for invitation to their graduate recruitment weekend. So I guess them asking for your official transcripts is a good sign.

Now, I'm not sure if an invitation means that I'm admitted or not (could someone educate me on that, please). I made an RSVP with them to visit but haven't heard back yet.

Edited by kaze_ng

3 minutes ago, kaze_ng said:

International applicant as well. I received an email asking for my official transcripts, and about an hour later got the email for invitation to their graduate recruitment weekend. So I guess them asking for your official transcripts is a good sign.

Now, I'm not sure if an invitation means that I'm admitted or not (could someone educate me on that, please). I made an RSVP with them to visit but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks for your reply, I have received their email asking for my official transcript yesterday, guess we received the request at about the same time. But I have not heard back since, no invitation to their graduate recruitment week >.<  .... 

1 minute ago, Romcomulus said:

Anyone claiming the UCONN admit? I have not received anything from them. If past decisions are any indicator, this is over 2 weeks early. 

sameeeeeeeeeee

BUT, TBH i have always thought the late feb decision was a bit weird, so maybe they are finally getting with the times?

Also, it looks like their website is the same setup as CU so i'm thinking if they did send initial ones out then they'd be out in all one wave, not individualized ones. 

Edited by Dwar

Hi all,

For FSU applicants: I sent an email asking when will decisions be sent out. The program coordinator told me that we may hear back sometime next week, since the faculty has already made final admission decisions. Hope this info it helps!

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by huevo1991

1 hour ago, Dwar said:

sameeeeeeeeeee

BUT, TBH i have always thought the late feb decision was a bit weird, so maybe they are finally getting with the times?

Also, it looks like their website is the same setup as CU so i'm thinking if they did send initial ones out then they'd be out in all one wave, not individualized ones. 

If I see another one at some point today, I’ll be more inclined to believe it. But I definitely don’t mind earlier decisions lol. 

48 minutes ago, Mr_Spock2018 said:

Hmmm, a little quieter than I thought it would be today on the results page...

For real, I was hoping not to have to go through another week of this.