2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

On 2/7/2020 at 3:00 PM, e2e4 said:

What I do not like about the choices is having many people who advocated for your app reach out with very thoughtful messages, but inevitably when the tide comes in you will have to turn down faculty you respect & whose work you admire. For me it's always been easier to get dumped than to do the dumping. Getting rejected from a school I started to feel tepid about was a blessing in that sense.

Exactly -- you hit the nail right on the head there. Especially for schools that have been extra friendly! 

4 minutes ago, sloth_girl said:

Nope -- I honestly haven't received much communication from them at all compared to the other schools. Granted, they were the first ones I heard back from. 

Same here! I think we should hear about funding in the next week or so then... they said mid-february. 

1 minute ago, Romcomulus said:

Are early decision outliers common? For example, UConn and UM send each sent out a single acceptance on Friday, but nothing else. Is this normal? It’s pretty nerve racking at times. 

Don't know about Michigan, but i know that UConn isn't really active on this forum, like in 2018 no one reported anything. So one acceptance/post isn't that rare or out of the ordinary.

5 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

s/o to UCLA for providing admission decision in the subject

Seriously appreciated

21 minutes ago, captmarvel said:

Claiming a UCLA acceptance with funding info included!

Same -- definitely prefer when they just give us the info all at once. 

4 minutes ago, Pol22222 said:

Has everyone’s UMichigan portal changed? Mine looks exactly the same

To me, the recent UM updates on the results page seem fake. One of them even has the exact same quote as earlier spam, i.e. "This one hurts."

17 minutes ago, Nichrome said:

To me, the recent UM updates on the results page seem fake. One of them even has the exact same quote as earlier spam, i.e. "This one hurts."

What’s the point of posting fake results? Lol are there really people on here that just want to hurt complete strangers like this? I don’t understand the motivation.