2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

Just now, Mr_Spock2018 said:

Then again, I've been fooled by trolls before (grrrr.. Columbia)

But, this is consistent with their schedule last year.  My UChicago portal hasn't changed...

My portal hasn't changed either. The waves of Columbia trolls this year has me really suspicious over anything that gets posted in the results section until there are at least a few submissions, though it is about time for the UChicago decisions.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Spock2018 said:

Then again, I've been fooled by trolls before (grrrr.. Columbia)

But, this is consistent with their schedule last year.  My UChicago portal hasn't changed...

i would go take a walk, have a nice picnic in this beautiful high wind weird rainy weather, because someone is likely playing you with the survey. admits go out first, then rejects get referred out to ma committees and then aid is decided weeks later & ma admits happen

6 minutes ago, ihatedecisions said:

Congrats! that is really wonderful news. Did you recieve an email or randomly checked apply web?  

*fingers crossed*

It was on applyweb. 

I have been rejected from 2 of the schools I applied (Princeton and UCSD) and still waiting to hear from Chicago and Yale. 

*fingers crossed*

Edited by are-you-f'ing-serious

5 minutes ago, are-you-f'ing-serious said:

It was on applyweb. 

I have been rejected from 2 of the schools I applied (Princeton and UCSD) and still waiting to hear from Chicago and Yale. 

*fingers crossed*

I'm also IR track, but my portal did not changed. Maybe, rejection?... 

Edited by ihatedecisions

Please don't worry about the Chicago supposed rejection—as @e2e4 said, and as the record of the past years shows, Chicago is famously bad at releasing rejections in a timely way, precisely because it sends so many files it rejects from the PhD program on to the MA programs. No one's going to be rejected by UChicago for about a month.

21 minutes ago, are-you-f'ing-serious said:

Claiming the UMich acceptance!!!!!! IR track, POI is MD.

I will definitely accept. Full funding for 5 years!

I like your post on the results page. I like to imagine that you're an old British lord screaming "good god" at their computer. 

37 minutes ago, are-you-f'ing-serious said:

Claiming the UMich acceptance!!!!!! IR track, POI is MD.

I will definitely accept. Full funding for 5 years!

Congratulations -- that's an amazing school! I have a friend there who really has liked it. 

26 minutes ago, ihatedecisions said:

I'm CP, and mine isn't updated either. 

36 minutes ago, ihatedecisions said:

I hope not.

26 minutes ago, Dwar said:

I like your post on the results page. I like to imagine that you're an old British lord screaming "good god" at their computer. 

Hahah it was more "Bloody hell, good God I made it."

10 minutes ago, sloth_girl said:

Congratulations -- that's an amazing school! I have a friend there who really has liked it. 

I'm CP, and mine isn't updated either. 

Hahah haven't you got into enough schools already? Let others get some admission offers too. 

19 minutes ago, are-you-f'ing-serious said:

Hahah haven't you got into enough schools already? Let others get some admission offers too. 

Haha I'm actually hoping for some rejections -- my inbox is very busy. It's like when you go somewhere and the menu has 30-50 options. I want more of an In-N-Out level of choices ;)

Hi all! First post on gradcafe. I've really appreciated y'all and this forum. You've done an excellent job of distracting me from reading about the coronavirus (or Iowa) non-stop. I was accepted to Princeton and rejected by Berkeley in Jan; waiting on the rest. Wishing everyone a successful cycle! 

16 minutes ago, sloth_girl said:

Haha I'm actually hoping for some rejections -- my inbox is very busy. It's like when you go somewhere and the menu has 30-50 options. I want more of an In-N-Out level of choices ;)

You like more of an In-N-Out level of choices but you seem to be checking McDonalds, Burger Kings and Chik-fill-a’s menus too...

So modest yet so hungry. ?

16 hours ago, kaze_ng said:

Has anyone heard anything from UC Riverside? I saw a few posts popped up a couple of days ago and then nothing.

Sorry for the late response but I got accepted to UC Riverside yesterday but i didn't post anything on the other page so idk if those are legit.  

53 minutes ago, sloth_girl said:

What I do not like about the choices is having many people who advocated for your app reach out with very thoughtful messages, but inevitably when the tide comes in you will have to turn down faculty you respect & whose work you admire. For me it's always been easier to get dumped than to do the dumping. Getting rejected from a school I started to feel tepid about was a blessing in that sense.

2 minutes ago, billk said:

Claiming the Notre Dame acceptance and LSE interview. Could not have asked for a better birthday present :) Congratulations to everyone who's been admitted. And good luck to everyone waiting to hear back. Remember, everyone here has worked so hard and deserves to get into their dream program!

Happy Birthday!