Applying to NPSIA - MUNK - Fall 2020

20 hours ago, Hawkmoon said:

So the big registration day is tomorrow.   Since we all have to do 5011, 5012 & 5016, what is the 4th course people are signing up for?  Especially those in IIA??

I'm in DFP, also curious to see what anyone in this field designation is opting for as well. My time ticket opens up at 14:30. 

Fall

5100 - Canada in Int'l Affairs

Winter

5403 - Diplomacy and Foreign Policy

5429 - Sel. Topics in DFP (might change this one)

5703 - International Public Economics

1 minute ago, IR_Fan said:

I'm in DFP, also curious to see what anyone in this field designation is opting for as well. My time ticket opens up at 14:30. 

Fall

Winter

There are a couple courses that look really interesting and 5100 - Canada in Int'l Affairs is one.  The 5210 Technology and War looks interesting also.   Maybe I'll do them during the summer semester if they are offered..  lol

19 hours ago, Hawkmoon said:

Mine is 1430 hrs....  ?

I was planning on Terr&Intl Sec for the Fall also.

Winter maybe:

INAF 5214    Econ

INAF 5224    Intell & NatSec

INAF 5225    Cyber in Canada

INAF 5301     Strategic Foresight

But that all hinges on what is left at 2:30pm of course...  lol

So Terr&Intl Sec is full. I successfully enrolled in it, refreshed the page and it was gone (and full)..... 

Just now, ah_097 said:

So Terr&Intl Sec is full. I successfully enrolled in it, refreshed the page and it was gone (and full)..... 

So are there other IIA courses open?

26 minutes ago, ElleG said:

So I am in IIA and all my courses are full and my registration is not until later today - anyone in the same boat?

Yup, Same here... ?

Looks like both terrorism and intell are full.   @ElleG I don't see any other IIA courses in the registration screen

Just now, Hawkmoon said:

Yup, Same here... ?

Looks like both terrorism and intell are full.   @ElleG I don't see any other IIA courses in the registration screen

Yeah my registration opened and I could not pick any courses. Fml

1 minute ago, irnerd said:

Dumb question but how do i know if the class is full? If the status is still open does that mean spaces are left? 

I have the fortunate of having a 3 30 start time...

I went into the search page for INAF.  It lists all courses and right now 5202, 5204, 5244, and 5805 all full...

3:30??  damn... 2:30 is bad enough but...  Sorry man..

1 minute ago, ElleG said:

Yeah my registration opened and I could not pick any courses. Fml

Yeah this sucks....  I thought they would have more options open in case this happened...

Well at least 5011, 5012 and 5016 ares till open... yay......

Just now, irnerd said:

Dumb question but how do i know if the class is full? If the status is still open does that mean spaces are left? 

I have the fortunate of having a 3 30 start time...

It will show up in the warnings that it is full, if it does not say anything it is still open

Just now, Hawkmoon said:

Yeah this sucks....  I thought they would have more options open in case this happened...

Well at least 5011, 5012 and 5016 ares till open... yay......

They open other courses in a week so I may just enroll in a course in a different field, but it is odd that they filled up before 10:30. My slot wasn't even late but everything was already full thats a little weird

Just now, ElleG said:

They open other courses in a week so I may just enroll in a course in a different field, but it is odd that they filled up before 10:30. My slot wasn't even late but everything was already full thats a little weird

I was under the impression we couldny enroll in other classes outside our field designation until a week from now?

Just now, ElleG said:

Yeah I agree, it is strange that they would let both IIA courses fill up so quick...

1 hour ago, IR_Fan said:

Fall

Winter

I'm in DFP too, and should also be taking 5100 in the fall. 

Winter: 
5009 - International Aspects of Economic Development
5429 - Selected Topics in DFP (too bad they haven't announced the exact topic for this one!) 

It seems like we might cross paths!

Classes were filled really quickly and I had a 10:30 time ticket. Hoping some courses will open up again but not sure... 

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoon said:

Did you try for the winter semester yet??

My winter semester was easy peasy lemon squeezy - everything worked perfectly and all the courses were still open. I really don't know why Fall semster was being weird

10 minutes ago, ElleG said:

What field are you in? Did you already pick your courses?

DFP. I prepared a worksheet and will check during my lunch break whether the classes are full. Not particularly optimistic lol. 

I did prepare back ups but theres one class in particular in my field im keen to take so fingers crossed, but i have to wait until 3:30

Edited by irnerd

4 minutes ago, ElleG said:

My winter semester was easy peasy lemon squeezy - everything worked perfectly and all the courses were still open. I really don't know why Fall semster was being weird

Yeah that's weird.... I'll have some questions about that for the FGPA on Monday...

What did you pick for the winter??

Edited by Hawkmoon

1 minute ago, irnerd said:

DFP. I prepared a worksheet and will check during my lunch break whether the classes are full. Not particularly optimistic lol. 

I did prepare back ups but theres one class in particular in my field im keen to take so fingers crossed, but i have to wait until 3:30

I am curious how they decide on time slots. Because it is not based on last names as mine start with a letter in the latter part of the alphabet so it must be based on something else

1 minute ago, ElleG said:

I am curious how they decide on time slots. Because it is not based on last names as mine start with a letter in the latter part of the alphabet so it must be based on something else

Afaik it's based on your student ID number.  mine is 75 soooo, yeah.......  

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoon said:

Afaik it's based on your student ID number.  mine is 75 soooo, yeah.......  

Mine ends in 34 and I got the 10am slot.

Though I wonder if the assignment of the last two digits is random? It doesn't seem very fair that students who are lucky get first pick while classes fill up fast. Hopefully there will be some movement and courses open up again. I'm not particularly thrilled with taking Intell & International Affairs so when other courses open up I might try to snag one in the CON field instead.