Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

Is it common for Graduate School (that I have applied to for PhD) to send a Virtual Open House invitation, or could it mean something? I haven't heard otherwise from them. I'm wondering this is just a generic email sent to everyone, or if it could mean anything. 

Hi everyone! I received an invitation to interview for the University of Southern Mississippi clinical program, but haven't heard anything about the interview schedule yet. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm meant to be interviewing on February 12th but I know there are a couple other interview days too 

47 minutes ago, psychhopeful19 said:

If anyone has gotten any type of communication from Kentucky (Counseling) could you possibly reach out to me?  I know people have posted rejections and waitlists on the forum, but I haven't received any news yet. For those with waitlist options were they personalized emails?  Thank you!

I received a waitlist email from UK, but it seemed like a generic email. I hope you hear back soon! 

Anyone here who is interviewing at Rutgers receive the details for the interview day and the event the night before? I have been having trouble receiving emails from Rutgers (almost missed the fact that I got an interview!) so I’m wondering if details have been sent out already? 

Edited by PyschMama

36 minutes ago, PyschMama said:

Anyone here who is interviewing at Rutgers receive the details for the interview day and the event the night before? I have been having trouble receiving emails from Rutgers (almost missed the fact that I got an interview!) so I’m wondering if details have been sent out already? 

I'm also curious. What type of email did you send to inquire about your status? I just don't know what to say by basically cold-calling them. Also for reference I applied to their PsyD program, and I don't have a POI.

7 hours ago, plex091 said:

I'm also curious. What type of email did you send to inquire about your status? I just don't know what to say by basically cold-calling them. Also for reference I applied to their PsyD program, and I don't have a POI.

I don’t know if they are still extending interviews since their interview day is on Monday. So I emailed my POI last week and asked her if all invites had been extended since we had somewhat established a relationship before, she then forwarded my email to admissions who then reached out. It had already been a week since they had sent me the invite... I mean u would have never known had I not reached out to my POI. Something was wrong with my personal email which is why I wasn’t receiving emails so it wasn’t anything on their end. 

For everyone who is applying to grad school the second or third time: when you reapplied this year, did you apply to the same programs/POIS that you did in the previous years? If so, have you gotten interviews from the programs that you had applied to the year before? After how tough this cycle has been, I am already planning my reapplication plans lol.

13 hours ago, PyschMama said:

congrats!!

28 minutes ago, eloisetheapplicant said:

For everyone who is applying to grad school the second or third time: when you reapplied this year, did you apply to the same programs/POIS that you did in the previous years? If so, have you gotten interviews from the programs that you had applied to the year before? After how tough this cycle has been, I am already planning my reapplication plans lol.

I applied to some of the same programs and POIs. One led to rejection without an interview and one led to a program acceptance! I think if the POI is still doing research in the line that you are interested in and you obtained additional experience, you should apply again!

48 minutes ago, ad_7272 said:

Has anyone heard from Kent State, Case Western Reserve, or University of Cincinnati (all clinical)? Still crossing my fingers that I might get an interview with any of them

Interviews for Kent are at the end of the month and I think all invites already went out :( I never heard from Case Western but I think all invites went out for them too 

1 hour ago, eloisetheapplicant said:

I did this!! Applied to same program 3 times, and interviewed with the same PI twice. Overall very positive experience, and I would definitely recommend it if it is PI you want to work with!

Feel free to message me for more info, as well.