Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

6 minutes ago, djJazzyJeff said:

KM

To my knowledge, all offers have been extended with the exception of JD’s lab. My PI emailed me yesterday and notified me that I was no longer under consideration. I do not think this was an “official” notification per day because she was responding to an email I had sent her regarding an issue with my app to the graduate school that we had to do prior to interview day. Super bummed as this was my top choice. Best of luck to you!!

1 minute ago, Biopsychosocialyzing said:

Thanks for letting me know. I was also waitlisted. Did yours also say High-Waitlist? Ugh so sad about this.. trying to stay hopeful. 

It does not, it just says I have been waitlisted. However, since Rutgers was one of my lower choices, I just went ahead and let go of my spot on the waitlist. I hope you get some better news in the coming days and wishing you all the best!!  :) 

2 minutes ago, JCidel said:

It does not, it just says I have been waitlisted. However, since Rutgers was one of my lower choices, I just went ahead and let go of my spot on the waitlist. I hope you get some better news in the coming days and wishing you all the best!!  :) 

Thank you! Mine says High-Waitlist, so perhaps that's good news but who knows!  Wishing you all the best too!

2 hours ago, COVID19Sucks said:

Anyone have news for Virginia Commonwealth’s Counseling Psych program?

Hi I heard back! I interviewed on 2/12 and was told I was on the waitlist 2/18 then PI updated me yesterday I was accepted. I hope this helps! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or anything 

11 hours ago, LostPsychGrad said:

Has anyone heard from Harvard University or University of Pennsylvania for their clinical psych PhD programs?

It's been absolute radio silence from both of them.

I haven't seen anything on GC either.

Anyone else feel like that's a little strange?

I emailed my POI at Harvard yesterday, and they said "graduate applications have now been fully considered at the departmental level. Unfortunately, we have experienced a pretty drastic reduction in the number of students we can admit this year, dictated by the graduate school. " ?

3 hours ago, Copingwithcarbs said:

To my knowledge, all offers have been extended with the exception of JD’s lab. My PI emailed me yesterday and notified me that I was no longer under consideration. I do not think this was an “official” notification per day because she was responding to an email I had sent her regarding an issue with my app to the graduate school that we had to do prior to interview day. Super bummed as this was my top choice. Best of luck to you!!

Huge bummer. Did your PI inform you all offers had been extended?

6 hours ago, bubbles27 said:

I thought UPenn was not taking clinical psych PhD applications this year? Correct me if I'm wrong! Curious

According to Penn's website, a select number of PI's are considering graduate students this cycle, but things may have changed given the funding situation.

1 hour ago, supernervous12 said:

I emailed my POI at Harvard yesterday, and they said "graduate applications have now been fully considered at the departmental level. Unfortunately, we have experienced a pretty drastic reduction in the number of students we can admit this year, dictated by the graduate school. " ?

Ugh, this sucks. Do you mind sharing your PI's initials? You can also DM me. Thanks!

14 minutes ago, willow_15 said:

Anyone heard from VCU (clinical) or CUNY (HPCS)?? Wondering if that one HPCS post wasn't real given the notes on the other CUNY pages that the graduate center was holding up funding...

I have not heard back from HPCS post-interview, either. Wasn't sure whether to take the person's post from yesterday to mean I was rejected... Did you receive the e-mail last week about their funding holding things up?