Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

Thoughts from the collective? I’ve emailed both the program  coordinator and the admissions coordinator weeks ago after my interview for a timeline update and never heard back from them. Would emailing again for an update be overkill? I could email my PI instead but I’m worried I’ll come across as too pushy. It’s been a long time since the interview and even though they told us it could take a while and to have patience until April 15 this is driving me crazy. 
there’s been no news on gradcafe either so I don’t think decisions have been made. 

On 3/15/2021 at 7:00 PM, IHopeIGIN said:

Hey does anyone know if Nova Southeastern University are still sending out offers for their Clinical PsyD program?

Also has anyone got accepted without a masters degree? I have clinical and research experience, high gpa (3.80 undergrad), I felt the interview went really well, but haven't heard a whistle.

I emailed admission and they said that the program will be sending out offer towards the end of March, early April, but I know that they have already start sending out letters.

Just wanted insight if you have it, thank you!

Hey!

I interviewed on 2/22 and I'm in the same boat. I also don't have a masters degree and we have a very similar GPA, and I also haven't heard back anything! I'm glad to hear they're still anticipating sending out acceptances but I can't help but feel a little nervous anyways. I was rejected from two PhD programs already and I'm really counting on this doctoral offer to be my light at the end of the tunnel, but alas, we will see. 

Someone that I know who is a Nova PsyD alum is confident that I'll get in with my stats, and given that it seems our stats are similar I wanted to pass along that hopeful fortune! 

Sending lots of luck and positive energy your way during these incredibly stressful times!! 

On 3/15/2021 at 10:18 PM, ClinicalPsyDCandidate said:

GSPP - Denver PsyD RESULTS??

Received email from Julie S. this morning (03/15) saying admission decisions would be released by the end of this week. Saw that a few students have received acceptance mails/calls. But saw another user post that Julie S had mailed them that all acceptances would be sent out by 15th March! 

Wondering if no news by now is a rejection?

I think they are still extending acceptances. They are calling people one by one so it's just when the interview is able to make the call. Julie had originally told me I would be notified no later than 3/15 but I didn't hear anything until yesterday. Good luck!

54 minutes ago, DGS0317 said:

I think they are still extending acceptances. They are calling people one by one so it's just when the interview is able to make the call. Julie had originally told me I would be notified no later than 3/15 but I didn't hear anything until yesterday. Good luck!

I actually ended up hearing today over email and was asked to check portal - have been waitlisted. Hope you hear soon! Good luck!

9 hours ago, carsndcats said:

Hey!

I interviewed on 2/22 and I'm in the same boat. I also don't have a masters degree and we have a very similar GPA, and I also haven't heard back anything! I'm glad to hear they're still anticipating sending out acceptances but I can't help but feel a little nervous anyways. I was rejected from two PhD programs already and I'm really counting on this doctoral offer to be my light at the end of the tunnel, but alas, we will see. 

Someone that I know who is a Nova PsyD alum is confident that I'll get in with my stats, and given that it seems our stats are similar I wanted to pass along that hopeful fortune! 

Sending lots of luck and positive energy your way during these incredibly stressful times!! 

Hey Dm if you want and we can stay in touch through this application stage!

good luck to you and your endeavors! I pray we both get in!

Seriously so stressed - I am on 2 waitlists and I hate being in this limbo more than anything. Are a lot of people still waitlisted or waiting to hear back from schools in the first place? Should I just assume things won’t be moving until April.. ugh.. sorry just needed to vent. 

Does anyone know if LIU Brooklyn is done extending acceptances? I interviewed 2/13 but have not heard anything in regards to an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection. Thanks all and hope you're all holding up alright! 

6 minutes ago, Biopsychosocialyzing said:

Seriously so stressed - I am on 2 waitlists and I hate being in this limbo more than anything. Are a lot of people still waitlisted or waiting to hear back from schools in the first place? Should I just assume things won’t be moving until April.. ugh.. sorry just needed to vent. 

I’m waiting on 3 programs so you aren’t alone! 

6 minutes ago, Biopsychosocialyzing said:

I feel this to my core. I am still on the waitlist as a "middle alternate". I was told that moving forward I would not know my rank on the waitlist until if/when I was receiving an offer. Basically, I could be moving up the list and they would not tell me. Very scary and anxiety evoking. However, I was informed that they do not predict the list to move until April. During my interview a current student shared that she was initially waitlisted and then rejected, but was offered an acceptance later on in June... JUNE. I am not sure how common this is in other programs, but the thought that I could get rejected off the waitlist and then potentially accepted later in the summer gives me EVEN MORE anxiety. I'm still hopeful. We're almost there!!! We can do it!!

14 minutes ago, Cms96 said:

Does anyone know if LIU Brooklyn is done extending acceptances? I interviewed 2/13 but have not heard anything in regards to an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection. Thanks all and hope you're all holding up alright! 

To my knowledge, they've extended first round offers (I received one this past weekend). That said, I know at least one person on here declined their offer, and I likely will decline mine as well (waiting on receiving the official offer via email - if they make me an unexpectedly great financial offer, then that would obviously change things a bit lol). Feel free to DM me for POI's initials if you'd like!

15 minutes ago, Cms96 said:

They don’t have an official waitlist, but some students have told me they have one but just don’t tell applicants about it so as others decline they send their second and third wave of offers etc. I have no idea if the waitlist is ranked. You could reach out and ask about a status update and then try to guess from the wording whether you are waitlisted or not... they didn’t really tell me directly but it sounded a lot like I am on the waitlist. Hope that helps. 

1 minute ago, Biopsychosocialyzing said:

They don’t have an official waitlist, but some students have told me they have one but just don’t tell applicants about it so as others decline they send their second and third wave of offers etc. I have no idea if the waitlist is ranked. You could reach out and ask about a status update and then try to guess from the wording whether you are waitlisted or not... they didn’t really tell me directly but it sounded a lot like I am on the waitlist. Hope that helps. 

Thank you! In terms of reaching out is there a specific person you reached out to via email? 

Just now, Cms96 said:

Thank you! In terms of reaching out is there a specific person you reached out to via email? 

You could reach out to your interviewer or the program director PW, I would choose the ladder as he is probably a lot more likely to reply 

On 3/12/2021 at 11:04 PM, leery617 said:

Looking for some advice here. I was just notified by my PI at my top choice that she was unable to extend an offer this year. I knew this was a possibility since she told me she didn't have priority to make a 1st round offer during interview day. However, the email from the DCT post-interview said to be patient as "there is a reasonable chance we will be able to make you an offer" and to contact them first if I'm considering other programs. Needless to say I'm very disappointed and losing hope as I've been waitlisted at the other 2 programs I interviewed at this cycle.

Here's where I'm looking for some advice... This is not my first time applying and I don't know if I can handle yet another cycle. I've gotten an acceptance to a masters program that is research focused with a great PI and research fit. I've also received a full-time research assistant position with decent pay and relevant research experience for my research interests. Do I take the master's program or work another year and gain more research experience? I'm 100% sure PhD is what I want as I want to pursue a career in academia/research.

I already have a decent amount of research and clinical experience. After graduating, I worked as an RA - I have conference presentations and have a 1st author paper under review. I currently work as a psychometrist but will be leaving to take the full-time research position soon.

I know research experience is key but I feel as if I have a decent amount. So my question is, are my qualifications only good enough for a master's program? In other words, will adding another research job help my CV that much more? 

Thanks all in advance and if you're in a similar boat as me (questioning everything about your qualifications and career), you are not alone.

Hey all just want to say after receiving a rejection last week, today I was offered a position at a PhD program!!! A waitlist success story. Never thought the day would come.. I was already looking up professors to apply to next cycle. Still waiting to hear back from another PhD program I'm waitlisted at but I freaking got in and so will you!! Hang in there.

4 hours ago, Biopsychosocialyzing said:

SAME and it is awful! Is it common for people to wait until after the first week of April to accept/decline offers? I keep wondering “what is this person waiting for??!!”
But I guess if I’ve waited this long I can hold out four more weeks.

6 minutes ago, raindr0p said:

SAME and it is awful! Is it common for people to wait until after the first week of April to accept/decline offers? I keep wondering “what is this person waiting for??!!”
But I guess if I’ve waited this long I can hold out four more weeks.

4 hours ago, Biopsychosocialyzing said:

From one of those people who is holding an offer - a ton of us are also in waitlist limbo! I think that's what makes this process so hard. Especially this year - I applied to a (different) program, and their funding got cut (shoutout to COVID), and they've essentially told me I may get an offer, or I may not, and then that they don't really know when that offer would come in if they're able to make me one! And I've heard of many other folks in similar positions this year, who maybe (like me) have an offer from one of their top choices and were hoping to be able to figure out the best fit with another school that they are on the waitlist for due to budget shortfalls/limitations. It's all so frustrating! But just wanted to respond with one reason why some people might be waiting - that's certainly my reason! :)