Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

25 minutes ago, plantgirl96 said:

YALL THE UCSD INVITE WAS APPARENTLY FAKE???

um I think perhaps the person wanted to say that they got the invitation for the interviews but the "faculty" thought they were talking about being offered admission because they used the word "accepted"... lol just my guess

UCSD/SDSU's email update said invites would be sent out end of the month so not sure why folks are surprised that the post was fake given it directly contradicted official word from the department

55 minutes ago, CoffeeErryday said:

Does anyone know if Teachers College Columbia University has emailed out interview invites for their Clinical Psychology PhD program? Thank you!

I emailed about a week ago and was told they usually email about interviews in feb! Waiting sucks! 

12 minutes ago, higaisha said:

UCSD/SDSU's email update said invites would be sent out end of the month so not sure why folks are surprised that the post was fake given it directly contradicted official word from the department

Do you mind sharing what this email update said/when it went out? I was having issues getting my transcript submitted to them, so my app was marked "incomplete" for a very long time, and I'm wondering if that may be related to me not knowing about this email update!

38 minutes ago, radpsych03 said:

That was so cruel! I thought it seemed odd that someone had gotten a phone call from a west coast school before 8am pacific time..

I wonder if maybe it was just a preliminary interview and the poster got confused? I can't blame them. POIs sometimes aren't the most clear, but I did notice they labeled it as a phone interview so I assumed it was a prelim interview because I would imagine actual interviews would be a bit more formal.

4 hours ago, missmusical said:

*sings “why can’t we be friends” while navigating the results page* yikes ? 

but in all seriousness, we are all so stressed and at our wits end. Let’s be supportive! Invalidating each other’s emotional readiness for grad school is so draining. 

Exactly my thoughts. At least getting frustrated is understandable. Not everyone can just “not let” something stress them out. I’m not saying I agree with everything, but I really don’t think this person posting to stop clogging the results came from a bad place. They’re stressed too. We’re stressed. Everyone’s stressed and I’m not ok with seeing this person get attacked and invalidated over it.

I don’t see how this person‘s response is “worse” in terms of stress management compared to people who are constantly, constantly posting on the board asking questions because they’re stressed too.

The responses telling them that they can’t handle grad school over a.. results survey post? Yikes. Maybe don’t feed into potential imposter syndrome or try to break someone down about their dream before it even starts. I’m way more disturbed by the invalidating responses from prospective psychologists that this person is receiving than I am by them saying to stop using the results as a conversation board. I just feel like I would respond totally differently to someone stressed.

Idk but if the person who posted on the results sees this please remember that person is wrong. Posting in caps on a results page absolutely has no bearing on whether you will succeed in graduate school. Keep your head up and hope this helps. I understand the stress and where the desire came from to tell people to stop clogging it up.

Edited by K3lD1Psych
Clarity

6 minutes ago, K3lD1Psych said:

Exactly my thoughts. At least getting frustrated is understandable. Not everyone can just “not let” something stress them out. I’m not saying I agree with everything, but I really don’t think this person came from a bad place. They’re stressed too. We’re stressed. Everyone’s stressed and I’m not ok with seeing this person get attacked and invalidated over it.

I don’t see how this person‘s response is “worse” in terms of stress management compared to people who are constantly, constantly posting on the board asking questions because they’re stressed too.

The responses telling them that they can’t handle grad school over a.. results survey post? Yikes. Maybe don’t feed into potential imposter syndrome or try to break someone down about their dream before it even starts. I’m way more disturbed by the invalidating responses from prospective psychologists that this person is receiving than I am by them saying to stop using the results as a conversation board. I just feel like I would respond totally differently to someone stressed.

Idk but if the person who posted on the results sees this please remember that person is wrong. Posting in caps on a results page absolutely has no bearing on whether you will succeed in graduate school. Keep your head up and hope this helps. I understand the stress and where the desire came from to tell people to stop clogging it up.

This. Some of the responses are ridiculously immature. Calling someone an “angry yeti” because you disagree with them? Not the best look for someone trying to be a psychologist. It’s so vindictive. 

Edited by PsychApplicant2

8 minutes ago, K3lD1Psych said:

Exactly my thoughts. At least getting frustrated is understandable. Not everyone can just “not let” something stress them out. I’m not saying I agree with everything, but I really don’t think this person came from a bad place. They’re stressed too. We’re stressed. Everyone’s stressed and I’m not ok with seeing this person get attacked and invalidated over it.

??? Thank you 

1 hour ago, illuminatingvisage said:

Really? I'm a little confused with this school. I was invite to a Recruitment event on the 12th where the Host mentioned their evaluation process being delayed due to an increase in applications. However, I've read a couple posts in here mentioning interviews being on the 14th/15th. I guess I'm just wondering if all invites have been extended. 

I attended the one on the 14th and 15th and that was their official interview event, but I don't think it would hurt to reach out and ask to clarify. 

Hi all,

This might be a long shot considering that it appears not many people applied to this program (on this forum, anyway). considering only 3 people posted their interview invitations, BUUUUTTTT,

To those of you who received an invite from Eastern Kentucky University PsyD's program - Did you receive an invitation from your POI only, or an invitation from the admissions director (Dr. TB)? I'm grasping at straws before I ask the program themselves if all interviews have went out :( I really wanted to go there LOL 

On another note, not all is lost! Still waiting on 4 programs... :) 

29 minutes ago, taylymy said:

Do you mind sharing what this email update said/when it went out? I was having issues getting my transcript submitted to them, so my app was marked "incomplete" for a very long time, and I'm wondering if that may be related to me not knowing about this email update!

I didn't get an email update either-- when was this sent?

32 minutes ago, taylymy said:

2 minutes ago, plantgirl96 said:

I didn't get an email update either-- when was this sent?

The email went out on Jan 11. Here's what it said:

Thank you for applying to the SDSU/UC San Diego Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology for Fall 2021 admission! We just wanted to update you that our Selection Committee is still in the process of reviewing all of the Supplemental Program applications (submitted through Interfolio). Interview offers will be extended sometime later this month and you will be notified either way.

Please note that the official record of your application with the university, and receipt of your official transcripts are in your SDSU Webportal account (which you can access using your assigned Red ID number). For more information on how to submit official transcripts, please refer to the Graduate Admissions website https://admissions.sdsu.edu/graduate/apply/steps_to_apply-fall. Since the University Admissions application (Cal State Apply) is separate from our Supplemental Program Application, if you have any questions regarding this part of the application process and receipt of your transcripts, please contact the SDSU Prospective Student Center at (619) 594-6336 or by email at admissions@sdsu.edu.

Note: If you have received an email from SDSU Graduate Admissions stating that your application is incomplete, this is referring to the receipt of official transcripts (and test scores if applicable). Again, please contact the SDSU Prospective Student Center as stated above. Rest assured, we will continue to review your application even as you work to resolve the issue with SDSU Graduate Admissions regarding the receipt of missing documents.  

Thank you for your interest in our program - best of luck!

Sincerely,

Fall 2020 Selection Committee

1 minute ago, Mel29 said:

Has anyone heard back from FIU or UM’s clinical adult/child program?? 

UM as in University of Memphis or a different one? I haven't heard back from U Memphis and haven't seen any official interview invites since December!

19 hours ago, JoePianist said:

Not sure why @clinical_sike had downvoted this – I personally think it’s a decent addition to the template that @tryingtostaypositive provided.

Hey-- I accidentally downvoted, lol! I am so sorry. I realized after I had woken up from a nap that the forum was still open. It was not at all on purpose! I believe I meant to upvote it. I agree that it is a good addition!

17 hours ago, K3lD1Psych said:

I don't know who is doing this but... thank you to the person on the results page who keeps telling everyone to stop asking questions and having back and forth conversations there, lol. 

You are welcome! Lol. :)