Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

16 minutes ago, PhD1Day said:

Would it be frowned upon to send the PI I interviewed with (early last week) a quick email requesting an update? my work morale is so low due to this :(

I think this is fine! I did the same after a preliminary and was told after I followed-up I was waitlisted due to funding issues and they'll reach out if they secure more. It gave me more peace of mind rather than waiting for an answer. The worst thing that can happen is they don't respond (which is the same as your current situation).

Hi! Has anyone heard from University of Illinois Urbana-Champagne? Specifically PI NA....I saw that 1 person posted they had a prelim intv with her and were rejected, but I've seen no other posts about this school or when their interview days even are. Thank you so much and good luck to everyone! 

1 minute ago, psychgirl13 said:

I think this is fine! I did the same after a preliminary and was told after I followed-up I was waitlisted due to funding issues and they'll reach out if they secure more. It gave me more peace of mind rather than waiting for an answer. The worst thing that can happen is they don't respond (which is the same as your current situation).

Thank you! I will reach out now. I need a little more peace of mind at this point lol

58 minutes ago, willow_15 said:

I just heard this morning! They're clearly rolling out (maybe by PI?). Don't worry yet, I started worrying yesterday when all those people posted for that one lab haha.

CUNY Hunter does seem to be rolling out the invites. I heard about an interview invite today for someone who applied to RM. E-mails are coming from the admissions committee.

2 hours ago, ResilientQueen said:

Hoping the person who posted about U Of Denver on the results page sees this- did they really say official interview invites would be sent in the end of feb/early March? That doesn’t make sense to me lol because I thought the national decision day was April 15th. ?

is this for PhD or PsyD?

On 1/17/2021 at 9:22 PM, jlaw7 said:

Hi, 

I also applied to Drexel- have not heard anything from POI. Was my top choice, but I am sure there's more than their typical 600 applications. 

My POI from Rowan had emailed me a few days ago responding to my initial email saying that applications are now under review. I am assuming nothing has been sent out yet, but would expect people receiving invitations starting next week. 

Really hoping for good news!

Did you get to have a prelim interview with your POI? Would you be open to sharing your POI in a PM? If they only started reviewing, I wonder if we won't hear until next week, although I do hope by this Friday. 

3 minutes ago, ResilientQueen said:

PhD! I actually misread, they posted about “University of Colorado Denver” but I applied to University of Denver’s Clin Psych PhD! 

Yes I did too! I heard through the grapevine that they are sending out invites this week. 

lol I get so many more emails from schools I never applied to, and programs I could not apply to off the cuff (last time I checked I never took the LSAT?) than any school I've actually applied to. So dumb

10 minutes ago, DigitalBuddha said:

lol I get so many more emails from schools I never applied to, and programs I could not apply to off the cuff (last time I checked I never took the LSAT?) than any school I've actually applied to. So dumb

I feeeeel this!!! If I get one more email about a Bath and Body Works sale I’m gonna flip 

22 minutes ago, justacigar said:

Yes I did too! I heard through the grapevine that they are sending out invites this week. 

I emailed the department at University of Denver, and they said "They have not extended interview offers yet.  I am guessing sometime next week."

2 hours ago, spring2000 said:

According to the website, applicants will be contacted for an interview by the end of January, and interviews are February-March. I can't find anything more specific than that!

Where on the website? Couldn’t find that! 

Has anyone heard from ETSU? The results page has been pretty blank and I've been scrolling through this forum trying to find anything. I don't know if they are just taking their time especially considering they didn't require GREs or nobody has mentioned them. It is still reasonable for formal interviews, but if they are doing prelims it seems a bit late.

My PI is DM. I'm not sure since when I reached out to her in October she said she was uncertain if she was taking students but encouraged me to apply anyway. We have a strong overlap in research interests so I figured it was worth a shot. ?‍♀️

Just emailed my POI at Yale (who I have had pretty extensive contact with in person and over zoom so I felt comfortable doing this) if all interview invites have been extended. I'll post when they respond! Gosh I'm so nervous. This is my top program and has been for years and I know they received 1,000+ applications to the Clinical Psych program - YIKES!