Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

19 minutes ago, PyschMama said:

I haven't - anxiously waiting..

I asked an acquaintance who is at Rutgers PsyD now and she said she got her email about an interview on Jan 30th. However, this was 3 years ago. I assume similar timelines though, and I think they usually have their interviews around the same time each year.

Edited by Desperate13

1 hour ago, silvicultrix said:

Thanks so much for letting me know! This is so helpful. I hadn't realized she was doing preliminaries. 

You're welcome! Yeah, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect but it was a good learning experience that's for sure. She asked about my thoughts on diversity, ethics in research (particularly regarding genetics), my ideal lab environment, and research interests. And then at the very end, she asked "What's something I wouldn't know about you from your personal statement or CV that you would like me to know?" And honestly, I wasn't expecting a question like that and wasn't sure how to answer it, so maybe that's useful for you or other people to have that in the back of your mind! 

1 hour ago, Desperate13 said:

I asked an acquaintance who is at Rutgers PsyD now and she said she got her email about an interview on Jan 30th. However, this was 3 years ago. I assume similar timelines though, and I think they usually have their interviews around the same time each year.

Thanks so much! 

5 hours ago, Love_BRAINS said:

Hey! I see that people have received invites from UHart PsyD.. do y'all know if it was a mass email? Or are they still sending it? 

Hello! The email I received seemed to be a generic email that listed a few options for interview days. I am not sure if it was a mass email. From what I can tell, interviews go until Feb 19th. There was an option to reject the interview as well. I don't know if that helps, but that's all I know! 

14 hours ago, RebeccaPsych said:

Hi all,

I'm curious. Is anyone else here interested in researching self-harm? And if so, where did you apply? I had a tough time finding a lot of programs to apply to. So, now that I'm sitting, waiting for interviews, I'm wondering more and more about my program fit. 

I highly recommend getting the book “The Insiders Guide to Graduate Programs in Clinical and Counseling Psychology.” They have a whole section of the book dedicated to specialty areas, where they list all the schools with faculty doing that sort of research. For instance, if I looked up “addiction” in the index, it would show schools that are known for addiction research! You can get it cheap from Amazon or EBay!

15 hours ago, sike said:

has anyone heard from UMN developmental psychopathology/clinical science track or Northwestern (Weinberg)?

Nothing yet from UMN - I heard that all emails would be out by end of next week. Good luck!!

Anyone know when we might be hearing from certain NYC/NJ schools. Specifically Rutgers (someone already answered this so ignore), Pace, Yeshiva and Fordham (Counseling PhD for Fordham as I think clinical has gone out I think?). Losing my sanity one day at a time ? 

Hi everybody! I'm new here, this is my first app cycle. Wishing luck to you all! As for me.. still haven't heard back from a single school and losing my cool very quickly seeing other people post acceptances. I've seen some people mention some schools that I applied to won't be inviting people until the first week of feb for later feb/march interview dates. I haven't seen anybody mention UC Colorado springs or U of Arizona. Has anybody heard from either of these schools? 

19 minutes ago, psychg said:

Hi everybody! I'm new here, this is my first app cycle. Wishing luck to you all! As for me.. still haven't heard back from a single school and losing my cool very quickly seeing other people post acceptances. I've seen some people mention some schools that I applied to won't be inviting people until the first week of feb for later feb/march interview dates. I haven't seen anybody mention UC Colorado springs or U of Arizona. Has anybody heard from either of these schools? 

I reached out to UofA clinical program coordinator who said interviews were sent out already and copied the grad student coordinator to confirm (who hasn't yet, but I'm not feeling too optimistic).

14 hours ago, sunflowergirl97 said:

Has anyone heard from UMBC? 

Last week, I received an interview invitation via a phone call from the faculty member I applied to work with, and I later received an email with information regarding interviews (taking place the week of Feb 8th). Feel free to DM me with any questions!

Some updates if anyone is interested:

UCSD/SDSU: "The JDP has begun to invite applicants for interviews, and applicants will be contacted over the next several days."

UCLA: "Thank you for checking. Currently, applicants being invited to interview are being contacted directly via email. All applicants will receive a decision on their application no later than April 15, 2021"

To the Temple poster on the results page who received a phone call acceptance - if you read this, first of all - CONGRATS!!! Secondly, if you don't mind sharing the PI initials I would really appreciate it! I also absolutely understand if you are not comfortable sharing. Best wishes and congrats!

So I have an interview invite from Hofstra, but I didn't realize at the time I applied that their tuition/funding situation does not look great. I'm opposed to PhD programs which do not immediately offer full tuition remission + funding, I didn't even think this existed for fully APA accredited programs. I'll accept the interview invite since it's my only one right now, but does anyone have more insight into this program? I realistically cannot do a PhD program which does not offer full funding...

1 hour ago, PyschMama said:

Anyone know when we might be hearing from certain NYC/NJ schools. Specifically Rutgers (someone already answered this so ignore), Pace, Yeshiva and Fordham (Counseling PhD for Fordham as I think clinical has gone out I think?). Losing my sanity one day at a time ? 

Hi! I emailed admissions earlier in the week and was told that invites for the Pace Child-school clinical PsyD invites would go out in waves starting "in a few weeks". They also said no invites have been extended yet as well. Invites will go out into February! Don't lose hope!