2021 Biology PhD Admissions Results

oskibear

Has anybody heard from Harvard BBS? If so, does anyone know if they send out offers in waves based on the track or have they already finished with sending out their invitations? I noticed some entries on the results page but most of them didn't specify a BBS track. 

Just now, Shannon3942 said:

Has anybody heard from Harvard BBS? If so, does anyone know if they send out offers in waves based on the track or have they already finished with sending out their invitations? I noticed some entries on the results page but most of them didn't specify a BBS track. 

What results page?

Just now, stem_ness said:

Yeah that's what I meant! Sorry that I wasn't more specific. I just thought it was weird that there were so many entries on that page but no one had reported getting an interview offer from them on this page (so far!). They started sending out invitations to Immunology so I was wondering if they were doing other BBS tracks separately as well?

1 hour ago, Shannon3942 said:

Yes, I got an interview from Harvard BBS last Friday!

4 minutes ago, ChagyrskayaNeanderthal said:

Yes, I got an interview from Harvard BBS last Friday!

Congrats! Out of curiosity (and if you don't mind me asking...) what track/research interest did you note on your application? 

3 hours ago, devcby said:

Nothing from Duke DSCB for me either ?

Do you know whether Princeton Mol Bio is still working on sending out offers?

34 minutes ago, Shannon3942 said:

Congrats! Out of curiosity (and if you don't mind me asking...) what track/research interest did you note on your application? 

Thank you! I listed computational biology, genetics/genomics, and human biology & disease mechanisms. From what I've heard on other threads, Harvard BBS typically comes out in one batch, but not sure if things are different this year. Fingers crossed!!

12 minutes ago, dejosco said:

Do you know whether Princeton Mol Bio is still working on sending out offers?

I am sorry but I do not know, I got a call from them this evening. I would assume sending offers until wendesday then a break till after the new year? 

1 hour ago, Naima77 said:

Anyone hear back from Emory?

I heard back from Emory Cancer Biology on December 18th, last Friday. I don't know about other Emory programs though and if they send out all of their invitations at once (versus rolling basis). Good luck with everything!