umass interview
harvard big ?
mit csb ?
nyu ?
tri i cbm ?
bu ?
ucla ?
washington gs ?

has anyone else heard from the schools i havent heard from? im starting to get nervous...

I work at BU, seems like BU is on track for after the holidays. I tried chatting with a few of the PIs, we have a holiday party next week I will try to see what I find out haha. But don't stress, PIBS is usually after Christmas! You got this!

Anyone else stressfully watching Netflix/sipping hot cocoa. I'm trying to distract myself but it's not working so well.

I am so close to muting my other emails because I keep jumping on my phone every time I hear the email notification go off ?

Just now, StemCells4Lyfe said:

Anyone else stressfully watching Netflix/sipping hot cocoa. I'm trying to distract myself but it's not working so well.

I am so close to muting my other emails because I keep jumping on my phone every time I hear the email notification go off ?

I'm at work but when I am home I crochet so I force my hands to be busy and not on my phone :D it kinda works? lol I'm still 0/12

Just now, ebolafighter said:

I'm at work but when I am home I crochet so I force my hands to be busy and not on my phone :D it kinda works? lol I'm still 0/12

Ugh, I used to be able to crochet, but it's been so many years. I've just been on Animal Crossing instead ? I'm virtually building snowmen because idk where I can properly socially distance in Boston to make them irl.

5 minutes ago, Neuromantic said:

I'm in lab, but I'm too anxious to do anything ? When I'm at home, I just throw all of my energy into Skyrim, working out, and listening to podcasts. The stress is too real.

Oh true, I should probably use this extra energy to work out and work off the food I've been stress eating. I keep telling myself I deserve the snacks, but honestly... have I really deserved them

On 12/17/2020 at 11:27 AM, UKBMSChen said:

Just got an email from Baylor, said my application has been moved from my first choice immunology and micro to second choice cancer and cellular, probably my experience has nothing to do with immune :(

I got that when I applied 2 years ago, also moved from Immuno to Cancer. I then got an interview from Cancer, which conflicted with other interviews I already committed to, and in the end didn't happen since I got into places I liked better. I mostly worked on tumor immunology at the time of application, so it could just be a general thing they do for tumor immunology-oriented applicants, if that applies to you.

Anyone know if harvard programs release their info in waves or in one shot? Looking at this year's results page and 2019's results, it seems like each program releases their interview invites on a single day. However, I heard from a current harvard grad student in DMS that she didn't hear back from any of her programs until after xmas, which is way later than what the results page indicates. 

Just now, Tcellenthusiast said:

Has anyone heard from UC Berkeley's MCB program? Saw one interview on the results page and I am nervous now. They were very specific in saying we'd hear during the first week of January and I like the program a lot ?

Yes I think interviews went out earlier this week. I got mine on Tuesday 

On 12/18/2020 at 11:37 PM, Tcellenthusiast said:

Has anyone heard from UC Berkeley's MCB program? Saw one interview on the results page and I am nervous now. They were very specific in saying we'd hear during the first week of January and I like the program a 

Edited by Jessamine