2021 Biology PhD Admissions Results

oskibear

6 minutes ago, ProspectiveGrad21 said:

I applied to UCSF (BMS)! They haven't sent anything out yet but I think they will by this week. I don't know this definitely because someone told me, I am just basing it off of previous years' timelines  good luck!

Thank you!!! Hopefully we both will hear good news soon from UCSF! 

44 minutes ago, compbiodude said:

Hi everyone

Here's where i am at interview wise

washu csb interview
umass interview
harvard big ?
mit csb ?
nyu ?
tri i cbm ?
bu ?
ucla ?
washington gs ?

has anyone else heard from the schools i havent heard from? im starting to get nervous...

NYU and BU haven't sent invites out yet--I'm getting nervous about these too! 

55 minutes ago, compbiodude said:

Hi everyone

Here's where i am at interview wise

washu csb interview
umass interview
harvard big ?
mit csb ?
nyu ?
tri i cbm ?
bu ?
ucla ?
washington gs ?

has anyone else heard from the schools i havent heard from? im starting to get nervous...

when did you applied for UMASS and when did you get an interview from them? 

1 hour ago, sirtuingirl said:

Just received a phone call from UMich PIBS that I should be receiving an email shortly inviting me for the interview. My first interview invite......

Congrats! It's my first choice, still haven't heard from them yet... Am a little worried now, lol.

Just now, Neuromantic said:

Congrats! It's my first choice, still haven't heard from them yet... Am a little worried now, lol.

I applied to Molecular & Integrative Physiology within PIBS. Maybe Neuro is behind them on reviewing applications. Hence, I wouldn't lose hope.

Edited by sirtuingirl

On 12/16/2020 at 11:19 AM, virushunter said:

I also applied to Harvard Virology, no word yet.

On 12/16/2020 at 11:10 AM, chnsmggt said:

Hey, just chiming in!

Has anyone heard back from Harvard virology or Yale microbiology? Seems like they released interview invites around this time last year, but I haven't seen any of these programs in the "results" page yet. Anxious!!!

I applied to Harvard Virology and Yale Micro too!! I haven't heard back yet...

I wonder why Harvard's Virology and Yale's Micro programs are taking longer than usual to review applicants this year. I heard from a prof at Harvard that it was going to be a 'very competitive this year'. At the time, I thought I'd still be competitive but I don't know now if they're taking THIS long...

I only applied to four schools (1. Harvard Virology DMS, 2. Yale Microbiology track BBS, 3. Stanford Genetics, and 4. UC Berkeley Infectious Diseases and Immunity) because I was looking for really specific programs... Now I'm starting to regret not applying to more. It's going to be pretty depressing if I don't receive any interviews. 

1 minute ago, kikidogtor said:

I applied to Harvard Virology and Yale Micro too!! I haven't heard back yet...

I wonder why Harvard's Virology and Yale's Micro programs are taking longer than usual to review applicants this year. I heard from a prof at Harvard that it was going to be a 'very competitive this year'. At the time, I thought I'd still be competitive but I don't know now if they're taking THIS long...

I only applied to four schools (1. Harvard Virology DMS, 2. Yale Microbiology track BBS, 3. Stanford Genetics, and 4. UC Berkeley Infectious Diseases and Immunity) because I was looking for really specific programs... Now I'm starting to regret not applying to more. It's going to be pretty depressing if I don't receive any interviews. 

Maybe more people applied? who knows... 

admissions to me is black magic and no one has any idea as to what they're looking for and who they like

At what point do you assume that you won't receive an interview? I applied to Yale's MCGD track BBS and I saw some people posting they received interviews earlier this week and last. 

I was hoping to hear from a couple this week, maybe tomorrow will be a big invite day. Fingers crossed and good luck!

Has anyone heard back from Johns Hopkins MMI program in the public health yet? I was getting so nervous since I saw people got interviews around Dec. 12th from the past years while scrolling down the results page.

Edited by AnxiousLucy

18 minutes ago, biolgurl said:

At what point do you assume that you won't receive an interview? I applied to Yale's MCGD track BBS and I saw some people posting they received interviews earlier this week and last. 

I was hoping to hear from a couple this week, maybe tomorrow will be a big invite day. Fingers crossed and good luck!

just email the coordinator, not until they say they are not sending any more invites 

1 hour ago, AnxiousLucy said:

Has anyone heard back from Johns Hopkins MMI program in the public health yet? I was getting so nervous since I saw people got interviews around Dec. 12th from the past years while scrolling down the results page.

From what I'm able to gather, JHU PhD programs at the school of medicine and at the school of public health are still working on reviewing applications. 

Just now, dejosco said:

From what I'm able to gather, JHU PhD programs at the school of medicine and at the school of public health are still working on reviewing applications. 

Thank you! I feel relieved now. I really shouldn't constantly refresh the results page. lol 

12 hours ago, StemCells4Lyfe said:

Did anyone apply to UPenn-CAMB DSRB? I'm trying to keep hope that I haven't heard back because that track hasn't sent out invites yet, but the results page people have just been listing CAMB T.T 

Yeah, I applied to it but haven't seen any postings I think