MSW.K

1 minute ago, bkcase said:

I just got my financial package from Columbia (exactly one week after the acceptance letter). They're offering me a grand total of...$0 in scholarship and a $20K unsubsidized federal loan ?

Aw man that sucks :( is their scholarship entirely need based? Or is some of it merit based?

2 hours ago, mswhopeful21 said:

Hi everyone- I posted in the Silberman thread but wanted to share here in case someone isn't following that and this would be helpful. I just received my acceptance to Hunter today -- my application was complete at the end of December and i did not interview. I didn't receive an email that there was an update to my portal, I actually only noticed because I reached out to the admissions team to ask for a timeline and they notified me that there's a decision on my portal! Weird timing since I've been checking obsessively until now and just didn't check today before reaching out to them. 

They are requiring a decision from me within 3 weeks, which feels super fast considering that the acceptance didn't include any financial aid info. Regardless, I will most likely accept since it was one of my top choices and even with full tuition it's cheaper than the other schools I applied to (unless Columbia accepts me and offers some crazy scholarship). 

This has been a stressful waiting period so I'm sending support to everyone -- hope everyone here hears good news soon! 

Congrats!!!!!! im still waiting to hear back from them. Had an interview last week for the OYR program hopefully something comes soon. 

6 minutes ago, bkcase said:

I just got my financial package from Columbia (exactly one week after the acceptance letter). They're offering me a grand total of...$0 in scholarship and a $20K unsubsidized federal loan ?

Hey what can we do. If its your top choice and you can find a bag of money then go. But knowing they wanted you is good enough even if you cant go. Congrats on getting in. 

Hey! Is anyone having a tough choice between BU and BC? I got accepted to both and BU is my top choice, but they gave no money besides loans. BC gave me a pretty big scholarship and so that's the only reason I'm really considering them now. Has anyone attended either and have any insights?

12 hours ago, fiofarrell17 said:

how exciting!! SFSU is my top choice for a couple reasons. I absolutely love the city of San Francisco and the campus as well. I also am looking to go into child welfare after I graduate and their program offers some good classes for that. Furthermore, the bay area has tons of opportunities for field work and job opportunities, so I feel like it's a great place to become involved with the community and have a great choice of potential social work experiences while in school, and after it as well. Their website doesn't have too much information unfortunately, and I'm not sure how research focused they are, but I'm looking to go into the clinical route so I feel as if it's a good match for me! 

Thank you so much. This makes alot of sense, you are absolutly right the website does not give as much information . I am hopeful and wish you all the best.

On 2/17/2021 at 7:16 PM, hannah_gg said:

Mine (and others from what I've heard) was very casual! They asked why Penn, why social work, what my social work interest are/what I would want to do for my field placement, and for three personal strengths and one weakness the school could help me strengthen. The best advice I could give is to be confident in your abilities and demonstrate your passion for Penn and social work. It felt less like a formal interview and more of an opportunity to talk about yourself and interests, so talk about why you're a good fit for Penn and why Penn is a good fit for you. I hope this is helpful; let me know if you have any other questions! Best of luck!

Thank you so much for your response.  This helps tremendously!

Wanted to let everyone know I got into Hunter's clinical track last week - email on a Friday, midmorning. I applied on 12/19. I was never contacted about a group interview or anything. They gave me until 3/2 to commit which feels like a very quick turnaround! (Also have been accepted to DU, NYU, Smith. Waiting to hear back from Columbia and UT Austin. All apps submitted in November/December.) Good luck y'all!  

1 hour ago, clinicalpsychphd2021 said:

Hey all, I have a question! I was accepted to the advanced standing program at BU. According to my acceptance email, the program is over two semesters, fall and spring. I currently have a friend in the program who has stated that she finishes at the end of summer. Does anyone understand the structure of BUs program? Thank you!

Hi! The advanced standing program is a full calendar year! I believe it starts in late summer/early fall and goes through the next summer. So if you started in Fall 2021 you would finish the program in the Summer of 2022

59 minutes ago, christina k said:

Hi everyone! has anyone heard anything from UW or UC Berkeley? I have been trying to contact Cal admissions for over two weeks with no luck, not sure if this is a bad sign or not. 

Nothing from UW yet :(

2 hours ago, christina k said:

Hi everyone! has anyone heard anything from UW or UC Berkeley? I have been trying to contact Cal admissions for over two weeks with no luck, not sure if this is a bad sign or not. 

Hi Christina, Berkeley's website says they send out admissions the week of March 1, so I don't think it's a bad sign! they are probably just really busy.

20 minutes ago, bananamuffin said:

Hi Christina, Berkeley's website says they send out admissions the week of March 1, so I don't think it's a bad sign! they are probably just really busy.

Ah okay I didn’t know they had a very  specific time frame, thank you for letting me know! Seems like the wait will soon be over :)

19 hours ago, MSWchic said:

Anybody hear back from Columbia today? 

I emailed them yesterday about when I would hear back and they told me I should hear back in two - three weeks. I applied on the priority deadline 12/1. 

3 hours ago, Luisa206 said:

Nothing from UW yet :(

Hi! I am still learning how to use this platform so I hope people can see this but I heard from UW last Friday! Hopefully more decisions are coming out soon! 

I was accepted to the advanced standing program and applied for the January deadline if that helps anyone. 

6 hours ago, crossingallmyfingers said:

Wanted to let everyone know I got into Hunter's clinical track last week - email on a Friday, midmorning. I applied on 12/19. I was never contacted about a group interview or anything. They gave me until 3/2 to commit which feels like a very quick turnaround! (Also have been accepted to DU, NYU, Smith. Waiting to hear back from Columbia and UT Austin. All apps submitted in November/December.) Good luck y'all!  

Are you planning on going to Hunter?