MSW.K

1 hour ago, Y0gi said:

Yes agreed! Which programs are you waiting to hear from? 

I am now just waiting on the CA schools I applied to!- SDSU, UCLA, USC and CSUSM. what about you?

4 hours ago, Mswsam said:

Still waiting I applied 12/1. I know those on here heard it would be another week or two but it leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth that they didn’t communicate to all applicants that they need more time. I don’t love that they promised a decision by March 1 and then let that date pass without any update. Anyone feel similarly? 

I was looking at last years forum and they did the same unfortunately ? they probably don’t have a great system. Also bc of covid they probably are talking longer. They probably haven’t worked it out how to get applications to readers the safest and the most efficient way. It’s just terrible they don’t know how to communicate either.  

1 hour ago, annnnnnnnne said:

I've been following this page for a while and decided to join in... I had my interview for UPenn yesterday, and it seemed to go extremely well! Does anyone have insight on the turnaround time for a decision? The waiting game is killing me!

I interviewed early Dec and heard back exactly two weeks later. I’ve heard of people hearing back within as soon as a few days so it may be much sooner. Good luck!! 

23 hours ago, gradschoolsocialwork said:

Found out that I got into Columbia on 2/26 (last friday) for advanced standing msw & totally forgot to come on here & update! For those of you who have gotten in so far, have they sent scholarship amounts with your acceptance or separately? I noticed some people talking about award money received. Thank you!

It took about a week I think for them to send me the scholarship amount I received!

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well and just know that you are not alone in the anticipation anxiety you're experiencing... its exhausting lol.  I submitted my application 3 days before the 1/15 deadline for the 2 year program. I kept second guessing my statements and felt too intimated that I ended up applying about 2 months later than I should have. Im pretty annoyed at myself for it but I try to tell myself that this school is a long shot so it helps me not get my hopes up. For those who applied to UCLA, when did you submit your application?

Hi! Did anyone apply to the concurrent MSW/MPH degree at UC Berkeley? If so, how were you notified of your acceptance into the dual degree program (versus just getting notified of admission to one or the other)?

On 3/3/2021 at 8:50 PM, leilanib said:

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well and just know that you are not alone in the anticipation anxiety you're experiencing... its exhausting lol.  I submitted my application 3 days before the 1/15 deadline for the 2 year program. I kept second guessing my statements and felt too intimated that I ended up applying about 2 months later than I should have. Im pretty annoyed at myself for it but I try to tell myself that this school is a long shot so it helps me not get my hopes up. For those who applied to UCLA, when did you submit your application?

Hi I didn't apply to UCLA but I wanted to say I'm with you on the second guessing and intimidation. I ended up putting all my efforts into my top choices (UMich, UCB, UChicago, University of Washington) and submitted those by the first priority deadline and submitting the others at one of the later deadlines (Columbia, Washington University in St. Louis, PSU). So I totally get that and I'm super excited for everyone getting into Columbia on this chain but accepting the fact I'm prob not gonna hear back for a while. Crossing my fingers for you!

3 hours ago, Naya said:

Hi! Did anyone apply to the concurrent MSW/MPH degree at UC Berkeley? If so, how were you notified of your acceptance into the dual degree program (versus just getting notified of admission to one or the other)?

Hey I applied to the dual! On tuesday around 7:15 pm PST, I received a notification that a decision had been made. In my acceptance letter, it only mentioned the msw program though. Pretty nervous that that means I didn't get into mph program. My friend least year was notified in one acceptance that they got into the dual, but they said they know someone who was notified of the programs at different times! Really hoping that's the case. What is your situation?

8 hours ago, leilanib said:

11/11 for the part time program 

8 hours ago, aqueeroz said:

Hey I applied to the dual! On tuesday around 7:15 pm PST, I received a notification that a decision had been made. In my acceptance letter, it only mentioned the msw program though. Pretty nervous that that means I didn't get into mph program. My friend least year was notified in one acceptance that they got into the dual, but they said they know someone who was notified of the programs at different times! Really hoping that's the case. What is your situation?

Same! I was notified on Monday around 7pm that I got into the MSW program but there’s no mention of the MPH program in my admission letter. I’m pretty nervous too! I emailed admissions twice already and I haven’t heard back from them. Well, fingers crossed for us both! 

13 hours ago, leilanib said:

Oh, I very much did the same thing (for all my apps, really) for UCLA. I was so obsessed with reviewing and re-working my statements that I put it off until the very last date and submitted on 1/15. Let me know when you hear from them! I am equally anxious ?

1 hour ago, Naya said:

Same! I was notified on Monday around 7pm that I got into the MSW program but there’s no mention of the MPH program in my admission letter. I’m pretty nervous too! I emailed admissions twice already and I haven’t heard back from them. Well, fingers crossed for us both! 

Please let me know if they get back to you! Yes, fingers crossed!

15 hours ago, leilanib said:

I submitted mine on the due date ? I was going to wait until the next application cycle and then decided about two months before that I was going to apply this time around. From what I've heard, it doesn't quite matter when you submitted it! Sounds like you put a lot of time and effort into your application though so I'm sure it will be fine! :)

Anyone torn on NYU vs Columbia? I'm looking for a clinical focus, but have heard you can find that at either school via specialization. Struggling with what the best decision would be as I am unable to visit beforehand. I'm also planning on moving back to California a couple years after I graduate, and don't know which school would make this process easier 

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting :) It's been so helpful to tap into this community (even shyly as a lurker from the sidelines lol). I really appreciate all the camaraderie, support, celebration, and compassion on this forum. To all those who've been accepted to programs, sending y'all the hugest congratulations! To all those facing rejections, my heart goes out to you!! And I feel your pain - I was just rejected from my top choice (Berkeley) but trying to stay positive as I await to hear back from SFSU. The feeling really sucks, there's no denying it... BUT trying to remind myself that no university can determine my worthiness or my aptitude for greatness - something I hope we can all hold true in our hearts. We will all be amazing social workers some day, if we choose to continue on this path! I believe with every fiber of my being that this year was a BANANAS year to apply to MSW programs, I believe the applicant pools were more competitive than ever before given the pandemic and everyone being flipped on their bottoms, making big life moves, and entering into school and going deeper into helping professions as a response to the crisis. 

I'm wondering if anyone who's applied to SFSU has heard back yet? And if so, were you title IV? My understanding is that Title IV applicants probably hear back sooner, as they also have an interview involved (I did not apply for Title IV). I've found less info floating around from SFSU applicants. Thanks in advance for any insight! Crossing my fingers for everyone still waiting on decisions, and sending y'all lots of love! ❤️ 

Edited by catmama89