MSW.K

18 minutes ago, ZippyZup123 said:

I did the same. When I spoke to the admissions people, they said to just answer the questions that they are asking you to answer. When I was in contact with UMich, the first thing that I was told that the admissions people look for can you follow directions, are you clear in your intentions, and can you answer the questions being posed. This is the advice I was given and I followed. Other schools basically gave the same advice. 

This is true during my msw interview the adjunct kept redirecting ppl to answer the question she asked. It was a bad look. 

1 hour ago, Mswsam said:

What does everything think the odds are that Columbia actually sends out priority decisions today? 

I actually emailed admissions last week on Thursday and they said I’ll hear my decision within 1-2 more weeks. I think somebody else also got that same answer too. I applied 12/1! I really hope they do release some decisions today though 

On 2/27/2021 at 8:50 PM, Minhessica said:

In your essays for MSW programs did anyone write about a professor they specifically wanted to work with? 

Hi! I did for some! Some schools asked "Why are you interested in this program and particularly why this school" and that is when I would mention a specific professor in whose research and interests aligned with mine. However, if some schools didn't ask why then I would just stick to the prompt. 

Edited by njenni

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting here. I have been waitlisted at UChicago, was accepted to Catholic, and Temple, and am still waiting to hear back from UMD and Howard. When I emailed them to ask about an expected timeline I usually get a generic answer that they are currently going through applications and will release decisions soon. Has anyone heard back from UMD or Howard? If so, how long did it take from when you submitted your application? 

On 2/28/2021 at 7:20 PM, ZippyZup123 said:

I did the same. When I spoke to the admissions people, they said to just answer the questions that they are asking you to answer. When I was in contact with UMich, the first thing that I was told that the admissions people look for can you follow directions, are you clear in your intentions, and can you answer the questions being posed. This is the advice I was given and I followed. Other schools basically gave the same advice. 

I definitely agree with this. I only mentioned professors whose research I was interested in to answer the "why this school?" question. 

Hello fellow stressed-out peers! ? This is my first time posting, but I have been lurking through this thread since the beginning and it has been a journey... Congrats to everyone that has received acceptances!

Just wanted to put it out there that so far, I have been accepted to NYU and SUNY Binghamton (!!!), and I am still waiting to hear back from SUNY Buffalo, Stony Brook, and Hunter College. Does anyone else feel like offer deadlines are so quickly approaching while I'm just sitting here waiting to actually hear back from other schools? It's a lot of pressure. I just emailed the last three schools today asking if they had a general timeline/date in mind for admissions decisions. I'll post again if I get a response!

26 minutes ago, sonalikm said:

Just wanted to say that I heard back from UC Berkeley tonight for anyone else who applied there!

Ahhhh! Did you get in? I’ve been checking my email every 30 seconds all day, I know they’ll probably trickle in throughout the week but I am so anxious to know.

4 hours ago, mswmc said:

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting here. I have been waitlisted at UChicago, was accepted to Catholic, and Temple, and am still waiting to hear back from UMD and Howard. When I emailed them to ask about an expected timeline I usually get a generic answer that they are currently going through applications and will release decisions soon. Has anyone heard back from UMD or Howard? If so, how long did it take from when you submitted your application? 

I heard back from University of Maryland a couple of months after I applied (I applied in September, and was accepted right at the end of January). Since they start reviewing for scholarship awards in late spring, I'd guess that you'll hear by the end of March?

54 minutes ago, sonalikm said:

Just wanted to say that I heard back from UC Berkeley tonight for anyone else who applied there!

OMG!!! I am waiting for a response!!! I didn't know they would send out decisions so late in the evening. Can I ask what time they sent it and was it via email or that portal?

*EDIT* I just edited this message bc I had realized I made the assumption that you had gotten in without actually asking you ><

Edited by riseNshine

3 minutes ago, riseNshine said:

OMG!!! I am waiting for a response!!! I didn't know they would send out decisions so late in the evening. Can I ask what time they sent it and was it via email or that portal? 

*EDIT* I just edited this message bc I had just made the assumption that you had gotten in without actually asking you ><

36 minutes ago, nettyspaghetti said:

Ahhhh! Did you get in? I’ve been checking my email every 30 seconds all day, I know they’ll probably trickle in throughout the week but I am so anxious to know.

16 minutes ago, riseNshine said:

OMG!!! I am waiting for a response!!! I didn't know they would send out decisions so late in the evening. Can I ask what time they sent it and was it via email or that portal?

*EDIT* I just edited this message bc I had realized I made the assumption that you had gotten in without actually asking you ><

I did get in! I received my email at 8:15 MST. I wasn't expecting to hear so late either so was really taken by surprise when I saw the email. 

Hopefully you both hear back soon with good news!

Just now, sonalikm said:

I did get in! I received my email at 8:15 MST. I wasn't expecting to hear so late either so was really taken by surprise when I saw the email. 

OMG!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is so HUGE! I hope you find a way to celebrate :) 

15 hours ago, mswmc said:

Someone posted here a couple weeks ago that they were accepted to UMD. I just completed my app last week, received an invite yesterday to create a UMD ID, but it explicitly said that it is not an admissions letter. Was a little confused by that

12 hours ago, weRnotreallystrangers said:

Hello fellow stressed-out peers! ? This is my first time posting, but I have been lurking through this thread since the beginning and it has been a journey... Congrats to everyone that has received acceptances!

Just wanted to put it out there that so far, I have been accepted to NYU and SUNY Binghamton (!!!), and I am still waiting to hear back from SUNY Buffalo, Stony Brook, and Hunter College. Does anyone else feel like offer deadlines are so quickly approaching while I'm just sitting here waiting to actually hear back from other schools? It's a lot of pressure. I just emailed the last three schools today asking if they had a general timeline/date in mind for admissions decisions. I'll post again if I get a response!

Lol approaching quickly and Hunter has everyone on edge. They don’t want to commit to a school that cost 80k more lol. Those expensive schools will accept you quick to get that tuition out of your bank account. Fingers crossed for everyone waiting on good fairly priced news ?

13 hours ago, sonalikm said:

CONGRATULATIONS! ?  

45 minutes ago, Minhessica said:

Hey congratulations on getting in to schools everyone! 

What are your main goals after receiving MSW? Therapy? Case Manager? Government? Corporate Philanthropy? Etc.

Therapy, my supervisor just left my job because she started seeing enough clients on the side she didn’t have to work her 9-5 . It’s a difference in having court mandated and people who are just having a hard time and want to talk.