MSW.K

20 minutes ago, pumpkin pie said:

you're so right. thank you for the reassurance! you got this too!

wow that's very good to know! thanks for sharing and for the support(: 

so much anxiety!! i didn't really know about schools releasing decisions in waves so i thought if i hadn't heard back yet but other people had, it might be time to catastrophize. also i got into a school (that i don't really want to go to) that wants me to accept my place by tomorrow so that just adds some fun pressure. thanks for the insight! 

me too! glad to hear you're staying positive! best of luck to you too!!

I also wanted to mention that someone posted that they reached out to UCLA admissions and were told the only people who have been accepted so far are people for fellowships and highly competitive applicants. They said most others will hear back next week and the week after!

30 minutes ago, fiofarrell17 said:

I applied to SDSU, SFSU, and Portland State! I'm in the middle of an application for Boise state as well since they extended their deadline and offer in state tuition for my state!(:

I applied to Portland and Boise too! Have you heard anything from Portland?

Just now, rejouir said:

I applied to Portland and Boise too! Have you heard anything from Portland?

I haven't! I had a mishap with my application back in January and when I was emailing with admissions, they let me know they were planning on sending out decisions mid-march through April! So i'm sure they'll start coming out soon. 

I'm applying to Boise because I love the city and am also panicking a little that I didn't apply to enough schools lol, do you know what their acceptance rates are? Also, have you heard from them already regarding your acceptance?

2 hours ago, fiofarrell17 said:

I applied to SDSU, SFSU, and Portland State! I'm in the middle of an application for Boise state as well since they extended their deadline and offer in state tuition for my state!(:

I also applied to SDSU and Portland State! I emailed SDSU yesterday because their website says decisions will be sent out between April 15-June 5, which is way past the confirmation deadline for the schools I've heard back from. Hopefully they respond to me and give me more information!

2 minutes ago, aaj12 said:

I also applied to SDSU and Portland State! I emailed SDSU yesterday because their website says decisions will be sent out between April 15-June 5, which is way past the confirmation deadline for the schools I've heard back from. Hopefully they respond to me and give me more information!

Jeez, that's such a far away date, considering their applications were due in December. Please let me know if you hear a response! Thank you(:

1 hour ago, sbba21 said:

Hey y’all! Just updating that I got notified about my acceptance to UChicago today! Hope you get the news soon!

Congrats on UChicago!

Sorry for the unrelated question, but in your signature, when you say your scholarship to NYU is $17K, is that for one year?  

2 hours ago, Antsmarch said:

Is anyone else waiting for Columbia? I feel like I am the only one...

I am. I applied 12/1. I emailed them the other day and they said I'll hear within the next two weeks, so know that you're not alone

3 hours ago, dumplingg said:

Congrats!! That's so exciting. When did you apply and for which program? 

Thank you! I applied to the Day program on 1/14!

2 hours ago, bkcase said:

Congrats on UChicago!

Sorry for the unrelated question, but in your signature, when you say your scholarship to NYU is $17K, is that for one year?  

Thank you! Yes, it's for 1 year!

I really don't want to make a decision of where I go to school based largely on status (I want a great education that is the ideal fit for me), but out of curiosity... Do y'all have a sense of how to assess one MSW program's rank against another, other than just like, the US News Best Schools list? It seems less straightforward than, say, undergrad. Thanks!

Edited by claypot14

1 hour ago, claypot14 said:

I really don't want to make a decision of where I go to school based largely on status (I want a great education that is the ideal fit for me), but out of curiosity... Do y'all have a sense of how to assess one MSW program's rank against another, other than just like, the US News Best Schools list? It seems less straightforward than, say, undergrad. Thanks!

I don’t have a solid answer to this because I for some reason can’t shake caring about some kind of ranking/prestige and I’ve just used US rankings for that. But I also just wanted to share as a Macro applicant that I’ve based this for myself largely on how clinical/macro focused a program seems as most seem to be more clinical. I’ve tried to gauge by looking through faculty directories (for focuses & topics I’m interested in), required & optional course descriptions, field placement options, and some student accounts. Not sure if this helps at all!

On 3/4/2021 at 9:54 PM, IamBritney said:

I applied to CSU Fullerton, CSU Long Beach, San Jose State, and CSU Chico. So far only Fullerton has got back to me. I have my interview on the 17th.

I have an interview for CSUF on the 17th too ! I heard they are group interviews maybe we have the same time slot? Lol 

13 hours ago, fiofarrell17 said:

I haven't! I had a mishap with my application back in January and when I was emailing with admissions, they let me know they were planning on sending out decisions mid-march through April! So i'm sure they'll start coming out soon. 

I'm applying to Boise because I love the city and am also panicking a little that I didn't apply to enough schools lol, do you know what their acceptance rates are? Also, have you heard from them already regarding your acceptance?

I was waitlisted at Portland State a couple weeks ago! & I was accepted into UW & that’s where I’m going now!

Has anyone successfully appealed UPenn's financial aid? Was there a form to fill out or did you just email them? Were you successful and what was the turnaround time? I'm wondering if I have enough time to get a response before my decisions due on April 1st.

Hey guys, new to the group and forum. My anxiety googling about admissions got me here! Applied to CSU San Bernardino MSW online program and was accepted last Friday. I also applied to CSU Northridge and had my interview but haven’t heard back. 
CSUN is my first choice so I’m hoping to hear back soon as I only have 30 days to respond to csusb. 
Anyone else hear from CSUN? 

Hi all,

I have a bit of a different question. Is anyone considering deferring (due to covid or any other reasons really)? Does anyone know how leniant MSW programs generally are in allowing that? I do get a little nervous thinking that classes might still be some kind of hybrid structure for the first year, and that isn't the most ideal learning environment for me. I just wanted to pick your brains! ?

Congrats to everyone who has received acceptances and best of luck to those waiting for responses! 

Hi! Just wanted to say I was accepted to UChicago last night (maybe around 7 or something?) via the portal! I was awarded a 20k scholarship. 

It feels surreal. Shoutout to all my other 'former bad students,' delinquents and first-gen college graduates out there. I had insane anxiety and imposter syndrome while waiting for a decision (literally any decision, only ended up actually applying to 3 schools even though I had initially planned on 5-6). So if that's you right now, I see you and I love you. 

GL guys! :,)

10 hours ago, MSWUW2021 said:

I was waitlisted at Portland State a couple weeks ago! & I was accepted into UW & that’s where I’m going now!

Ahh I haven't heard anything from them! When did you apply?

Congratulations on UW!! I've heard great things about that school, I hope you have an amazing experience!(: