MSW.K

On 12/16/2020 at 8:11 PM, ZippyZup123 said:

Hey is there anyone that applied to/ heard back from Rutgers? If you got in, are you going?

I heard back from Rutgers on 12/3 with an acceptance! I applied really early though, around November 5th. I probably will be going.

For those who applied to Columbia,

for the resume part did you do a CV or traditional resume? Also did you add any skills or just stuck to languages. 
For descriptions of community and leadership you just included that in the bullet points right when explaining what you did? 

10 hours ago, ZippyZup123 said:

That's really awesome! Congradulations. I did a similar thing you did. I applied 10/30 and heard back 12/10. I already accepted my offer because I did not apply to many school and Rutgers was the one that offered me cheapest tuition with a schedule that works for me. 

I am sure I will be attending Rutgers as well! What concentration and area of emphasis did you apply to?

4 hours ago, Minhessica said:

For those who applied to Columbia,

for the resume part did you do a CV or traditional resume? Also did you add any skills or just stuck to languages. 
For descriptions of community and leadership you just included that in the bullet points right when explaining what you did? 

Hey there! I was accepted to Columbia for Fall 2020 but deferred due to COVID19 and decided to randomly pop on and see what people were asking this go round.

That said, I'd submit a CV, especially if it shows diverse interests. I didn't personally put any skills, but did list the languages. 

I would just list everything in bulleted ways. If you want to message me, I could always show you my CV I applied with. :)

20 minutes ago, madisonc7 said:

Hey there! I was accepted to Columbia for Fall 2020 but deferred due to COVID19 and decided to randomly pop on and see what people were asking this go round.

That said, I'd submit a CV, especially if it shows diverse interests. I didn't personally put any skills, but did list the languages. 

I would just list everything in bulleted ways. If you want to message me, I could always show you my CV I applied with. :)

Thank you! That would be so helpful. It says resume on the application but they imply CV in the description without actually saying CV so I was confused. I’ll message you soon!

Hello,

Applied Fall 2021: Columbia University, USC, CSUEB, SFSU, CSUN, UC Berkeley

Planning to apply: Howard University, CSU, Stanislaus, CSU, Chico, CSU, Sacramento, UCLA

Accepted: Columbia U & USC

I am so excited to be accepted into prestigious schools, however, applying to the two year full time program would mean that I would need to receive enough aid to cover some living expenses, and i won't get much support if the program is 100K+ BUT there is value in prestige. So waiting game for now...feels good to have decisions. Also, it is SUPER EXPENSIVE to apply to all of these schools but you increase your chances by applying to more...you never know, that back up school may be the one you go with! 

4 hours ago, bayareamelaninsw said:

Hello,

Planning to apply: Howard University, CSU, Stanislaus, CSU, Chico, CSU, Sacramento, UCLA

I am so excited to be accepted into prestigious schools, however, applying to the two year full time program would mean that I would need to receive enough aid to cover some living expenses, and i won't get much support if the program is 100K+ BUT there is value in prestige. So waiting game for now...feels good to have decisions. Also, it is SUPER EXPENSIVE to apply to all of these schools but you increase your chances by applying to more...you never know, that back up school may be the one you go with! 

That’s amazing! Congratulations :) can I ask when you submitted your app to Columbia?

5 hours ago, bayareamelaninsw said:

Hello,

congratulations!!! Is this your first time applying? 

14 minutes ago, Minhessica said:

congratulations!!! Is this your first time applying? 

No I have been applying to social work schools (MSW programs) for many years (since 2013 to be exact). My path led me down extensive work experience, including hospital experience which I think I needed prior to gaining acceptance. 

Just now, bayareamelaninsw said:

No I have been applying to social work schools (MSW programs) for many years (since 2013 to be exact). My path led me down extensive work experience, including hospital experience which I think I needed prior to gaining acceptance. 

Thank you! 

Just now, bayareamelaninsw said:

You persevered! I love to see it, congratulations again!! I also have hospital and medical experience it’s nice to know I’m not alone. Whichever you choose that school will be lucky to have you! 

12 hours ago, ColeMSW said:

I am sure I will be attending Rutgers as well! What concentration and area of emphasis did you apply to?

I am doing the online blended program focusing on the Area Emphasis on Health. I think I might do the MAP program since I have a lot of experience in advocacy and I enjoy working in policy. What do you plan on doing?

6 hours ago, Minhessica said:

You persevered! I love to see it, congratulations again!! I also have hospital and medical experience it’s nice to know I’m not alone. Whichever you choose that school will be lucky to have you! 

Thanks so much! It took so much to get here. I have received rejection letters in the past, have been waitlisted so Acceptance to schools I thought I could never get into feels good (even if they are pricey) lol. 

15 hours ago, ZippyZup123 said:

I am doing the online blended program focusing on the Area Emphasis on Health. I think I might do the MAP program since I have a lot of experience in advocacy and I enjoy working in policy. What do you plan on doing?

In person 2 year clinical program with an emphasis in children, youth and families. Best of luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 5:43 AM, OrangeJuice14 said:

Hey! Has anyone who applied to Columbia December 1 heard back yet? I know it's still early, I think they mention 4 weeks is the usual.. but just so eager! 

Hi there. I heard back from Columbia about 2 weeks ago with an acceptance decision. Hope that this helps!

3 hours ago, rsimons1993 said:

Hi there. I heard back from Columbia about 2 weeks ago with an acceptance decision. Hope that this helps!

Ah, totally! Congrats, how exciting! Did you apply for Fall 21 on campus 2 year program? If so, when did you apply? Thanks so much :) Have you decided where you're going yet?

Hello! I applied to Bryn Mawr College, Boston College, Boston University, and University of Maryland. BU is my first choice, and I applied early (the deadline is 1/7). I submitted my applications for BC and BMC on 12/1 and to BU and UMB on 12/17. I just heard back from Bryn Mawr with 40% tuition scholarship! Good luck to everyone! 

Edited by jjfinfin

15 hours ago, OrangeJuice14 said:

Ah, totally! Congrats, how exciting! Did you apply for Fall 21 on campus 2 year program? If so, when did you apply? Thanks so much :) Have you decided where you're going yet?

Yes I applied for Fall 2021 on campus 2 year program. I must have submitted the application sometime in October or November. I have not decided yet. I applied for a Coverdell Fellowship as a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer and I have yet to hear back about that decision! Hopefully I'll have made a decision in a month or 2. 

Hope that helps and good luck to you!

7 hours ago, rsimons1993 said:

Yes I applied for Fall 2021 on campus 2 year program. I must have submitted the application sometime in October or November. I have not decided yet. I applied for a Coverdell Fellowship as a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer and I have yet to hear back about that decision! Hopefully I'll have made a decision in a month or 2. 

Hope that helps and good luck to you!

Gotcha. I applied to CSSW on Dec 1st, so I am hoping to hear back later this month or early February. Good luck with the fellowship!