MSW.K

4 hours ago, aqueeroz said:

I got in on January 13th. I received an email saying admissions made a decision and to check it on the portal. I received the email around 2:45 PST. I applied around November 22nd. I expressed interest in the advanced clinical sw practice, and the dual MPH program. Luckily got into Mailman’s population and family health department too. I don’t want to look at where I might live though until I get financial aid packages lol. I’m waiting to hear back from Boston U, UC Berkeley and UT Austin. Looks like these school don’t start releasing decisions until February though :(

Heyo Congrats! Just hold on, Feb is super close!

9 hours ago, madisonc7 said:

I'm really fluid to living wherever, it's the finding roommates I'm more concerned with. Especially with no new student group on Facebook yet?

Is that how one usually finds roommates? Via Facebook? I'm worried I'm going to get a weird roommate or something, lol. I'm not one who usually cares, but I feel like New York comes with many eclectic people. 

17 hours ago, tallgradstudent said:

Is that how one usually finds roommates? Via Facebook? I'm worried I'm going to get a weird roommate or something, lol. I'm not one who usually cares, but I feel like New York comes with many eclectic people. 

Last year, I actually found one of my roommates via a facebook (msw 2020 cu cohort) new roommate chat we all got in on, and then another I met via this forum. 

Edited by madisonc7

Hey! I have no clue how this works really, but I'm also in this application cycle for MSW! I applied to Columbia, BU, NYU, BC, and Fordham. I haven't heard back anywhere yet, but it looks like people are getting decisions in so hopefully I'll hear back soon!

On 1/26/2021 at 12:22 PM, OrangeJuice14 said:

hey!! oof. I applied to the dual in pop fam too!!! AHH I am so jealous and eager to hear back. If you don't mind can you share stats? and congrats again!!

Ty!

3.6 GPA no GRE. BAs in psych and gender studies. Worked at undergrad LGBTQ center for 2 years doing HIV program development. 1 year experience in harm reduction work at a nonprofit as a health educator. 2 previous supervisors and 1 professor for letters of rec. 

best of luck!

4 hours ago, bkcase said:

Wanted to share that I got an acceptance to NYU this morning - quite a surprise, as I'm a career-changer and expected that if I got in, the acceptance would come much later. I got a 9k scholarship ?  better than nothing, I suppose, but that tuition price sure hurts!

WOOO congrats!! Where else have you applied!

1 hour ago, mswfall2021 said:

has anyone heard back from UChicago or Michigan yet? I got accepted to WUSTL on Jan 19 but am still waiting to hear back from those two and Columbia and am very anxiously waiting. 

Same, I'm anxiously waiting to hear from UChicago so I was wondering the same thing! They said that if you applied by December 1 they'll get back to you before Feb 15, so I'm hoping we should hear back soon.

hi guys! congratulations to all that have heard back with acceptances! i am still waiting to hear back from all of the schools i applied too. i wanted to ask if anyone has received a rejection letter so far. i'm getting really nervous that my not hearing back is a sign that it's a rejection, and that schools are only releasing acceptance letters so far. i wanted to know if anyone is willing to share that they received a rejection letter! thanks guys <3

2 hours ago, mswfall2021 said:

has anyone heard back from UChicago or Michigan yet? I got accepted to WUSTL on Jan 19 but am still waiting to hear back from those two and Columbia and am very anxiously waiting. 

Hi! I just heard back from Michigan with an acceptance on Tuesday after applying on December 1, so I'm sure you'll hear from them very shortly!

1 hour ago, amelia1 said:

For those of you who are going crazy waiting to hear from Columbia, I applied on November 30 and just got accepted! So if you haven't heard you should hear back soon!

omg wow! That's amazing! Now I'm super nervous lol... I applied for the joint journalism and SIPA MIA program.. Haven't heard back from either yet. I'm not confident I'll get in to the SIPA program especially. 

I applied to 6 MSW programs and I haven't heard back .... I'M SO NERVOUS! ?

I applied to: UCLA, UC BERKELEY, CSULA, CSULB, CSUF and UPENN. 

I have an interview for UPenn on February 9, so hoping that goes well! 

But has anyone heard back from any of the schools? Some of my friends who got accepted into CSULB last year said they didn't hear back from mid-February so I know it's still early, but I hate the waiting game ?

Also, CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT INTO A GRAD PROGRAM! I enjoyed reading many of the posts before! :) 

Hi friends!

Finally joining this site after being a lurker. I'm grappling with that sweet imposter syndrome, anxiety and existential dread cocktail right now. I'm an aspiring macro student and am concerned what that means for my application (are my chances better? Worse? Will schools feel I don't understand what social work is even about?) that sort-of stuff. Also terrified that recent undergraduates don't get accepted to M.S.W. programs, even though I have work and research experience. Any reassurance from those who have applied would be great! I'm out of forums to stalk.  

Kinda late applying to schools, but have sent in applications to the University of Chicago, University of Denver and University of Pennsylvania (@above - when did you submit!? Let's wait together).  

Will be sending in a few more applications this week! 

How's everyone doing? 

1 hour ago, njenni said:

I applied to 6 MSW programs and I haven't heard back .... I'M SO NERVOUS! ?

I applied to: UCLA, UC BERKELEY, CSULA, CSULB, CSUF and UPENN. 

I have an interview for UPenn on February 9, so hoping that goes well! 

But has anyone heard back from any of the schools? Some of my friends who got accepted into CSULB last year said they didn't hear back from mid-February so I know it's still early, but I hate the waiting game ?

Also, CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT INTO A GRAD PROGRAM! I enjoyed reading many of the posts before! :) 

I applied to UCLA as well! Did you ever receive a confirmation email from them saying that your application is complete and going to be sent for review? I received an email right after I submitted the app but nothing after regarding the completion of my application and they haven’t been replying to emails. 

Edited by MSWCY

3 minutes ago, ColeMSW said:

Hi All!

After receiving my Financial Aid package from Columbia, I am leaning more towards Rutgers... Is anyone attending Rutgers next Fall? If so, Id love to make a group me!

Out of curiosity, how long did it take Columbia to send you your financial aid package after you got accepted? And had you already submitted the FAFSA? I just got accepted and I'm super excited but money is definitely an issue 

4 minutes ago, MSWCY said:

I applied to UCLA as well! Did you ever receive a confirmation email from them saying that your application is complete and going to be sent for review? I received an email right after I submitted the app but nothing after regarding the completion of my application and they haven’t been replying to emails. 

I got an email with this as the subject line: "APPLICATION RECEIPT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT" and another one with subject line: "UCLA Graduate Admissions Online Application Submission"

Probabaly the same ones you got- but I am pretty sure their decisions come out in March usually 

20 minutes ago, MSWCY said:

I received two confirmation emails: "UCLA Graduate Admissions Online Application Submission" and another email "APPLICATION RECEIPT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT-DO NOT REPLY". But I also haven't received anything after. If I hear anything I'll let you know! :) 

37 minutes ago, genericmswname said:

Hi friends!

Finally joining this site after being a lurker. I'm grappling with that sweet imposter syndrome, anxiety and existential dread cocktail right now. I'm an aspiring macro student and am concerned what that means for my application (are my chances better? Worse? Will schools feel I don't understand what social work is even about?) that sort-of stuff. Also terrified that recent undergraduates don't get accepted to M.S.W. programs, even though I have work and research experience. Any reassurance from those who have applied would be great! I'm out of forums to stalk.  

Kinda late applying to schools, but have sent in applications to the University of Chicago, University of Denver and University of Pennsylvania (@above - when did you submit!? Let's wait together).  

How's everyone doing? 

I'm feeling everything you described! I also recently graduated this past year, and I didn't get a degree in Social Work, so I'm pretty nervous. I do have some work and research experience so I hope that boosts my chances but I am filled with anxiety (and to think I may be feeling this way until April doesn't help :(). But yes! We can wait together! I applied to some schools in November/December and I just submitted my last app (CSUF) mid January!

Best of luck in your remaining applications! 

18 minutes ago, genericmswname said:

Hi friends!

How's everyone doing? 

Hi there!

I can relate to your feelings of distress. I'm a recent graduate with a BA in English. My professional work is closely related to the field, and I believe this helped immensely during the application process (at least so far). I applied to the University of Denver on 1/13 and received my acceptance on 1/22. From my understanding, if you haven't heard back, you should receive a decision on 2/1. If you applied after 1/15, it might come a little later.

I'm unsure how particular tracks are regarded. I expressed an interest in Mental Health and Organizational Leadership & Policy Practice in my statement but applied Mental Health.

Reach out if you have any questions! And the best of luck!!