MSW.K

On 1/7/2021 at 5:50 PM, Piffler said:

Got accepted to BC. Waiting for BU ,Salem State and Simmons. 

So did I! I also applied to BU and admissions told me we would hear back mid to late February. Congratulations and good luck!

2 hours ago, jjfinfin said:

So did I! I also applied to BU and admissions told me we would hear back mid to late February. Congratulations and good luck!

are you going to wait for BU before  accepting BC? I think I will accept the BC offer and go from there. Congrats to you as well! 

1 hour ago, Piffler said:

are you going to wait for BU before  accepting BC? I think I will accept the BC offer and go from there. Congrats to you as well! 

Thanks, you as well! If you are ready to accept from BC, congratulations! I am kind of envious because you will be more certain about your future plans. I asked and was given an extension from BC admissions before I decide on their offer, so I could wait to hear admissions decisions from other schools I applied to. BU is my top choice, so I do really want to wait hear from them before committing to a program.

Hi congratulations to all thus far! Quick question that may seem a bit dumb, but to those who have heard back from schools how did you receive word?(and for which school(s) if you don't mind.) I imagine through email, but I have seen in past forums from school's websites/through individual custom links. I just am curious. I know it also probably depends school to school, but I am just wondering and impatient. Also what time of day? 

On 1/14/2021 at 7:32 PM, ColeMSW said:

Congrats to you as well! I am not too sure, hopefully within the upcoming weeks we hear something. 

heyy! @aqueeroz @ColeMSW congrats to you both! if you don't mind me asking- when did y'all apply, and did they email you or did it come up in the portal? also did you hear about the two year campus? I thought id hear this week but nothing!!!! I did hear an acceptance from NYU though :D ! anyway LMK very eager  

13 hours ago, OrangeJuice14 said:

heyy! @aqueeroz @ColeMSW congrats to you both! if you don't mind me asking- when did y'all apply, and did they email you or did it come up in the portal? also did you hear about the two year campus? I thought id hear this week but nothing!!!! I did hear an acceptance from NYU though :D ! anyway LMK very eager  

Hey @OrangeJuice14 ty! congrats to you too. I thought I was gonna hear from other programs yesterday too lol. As far as columbia, I applied on November 19th. They sent me an email saying that their decision was ready to view on the app portal. They sent me this around 2:45 PST.

24 minutes ago, aqueeroz said:

Hey @OrangeJuice14 ty! congrats to you too. I thought I was gonna hear from other programs yesterday too lol. As far as columbia, I applied on November 19th. They sent me an email saying that their decision was ready to view on the app portal. They sent me this around 2:45 PST.

gotchaa! I applied Dec 1 so guessing I'll have a couple more weeks of waiting, good to know. thanks for the info, good luck with the rest of your apps!

19 hours ago, OrangeJuice14 said:

Thank you! I applied November 28th! I decided to check my portal and it said like “awaiting official transcripts from __”. So I thought maybe I never sent my transcripts and then I remebered they only ask for official once you are accepted. So I refreshed the page and a status update popped up. I then received an email about 3 hours later, so around 8pm EST.

20 hours ago, OrangeJuice14 said:

Congratulations @OrangeJuice14 on getting accepted into NYU! If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply to NYU? I applied there as well and I haven't heard back yet. 

Edited by MSWCY

@MSWCY Of course, and thank you so much! I applied on January 5th. They emailed saying there was an update to my portal, and I saw the admissions decision there. A couple days later they sent an email saying congrats on getting accepted etc. If it makes a difference, I applied as a full time on campus student. Good luck to you! 

Edited by OrangeJuice14

13 minutes ago, OrangeJuice14 said:

@MSWCY Of course, and thank you so much! I applied on January 5th. They emailed saying there was an update to my portal, and I saw the admissions decision there. A couple days later they sent an email saying congrats on getting accepted etc. If it makes a difference, I applied as a full time on campus student. Good luck to you! 

I sent my application on December 28th I believe and they emailed me on January 5th saying my application is complete. I'm thinking that I didn't get in now... @OrangeJuice14 When did you hear back from NYU if I may ask? I heard they're pretty fast with sending acceptances. 

Edited by MSWCY

10 hours ago, MSWCY said:

I sent my application on December 28th I believe and they emailed me on January 5th saying my application is complete. I'm thinking that I didn't get in now... @OrangeJuice14 When did you hear back from NYU if I may ask? I heard they're pretty fast with sending acceptances. 

Yes I was shocked with the quick turn around. I heard back on the 13th. I wouldn't be too worried, after reading through forum's from past years it seems like its a mixed bag on when admissions decisions are sent out. I totally feel your eagerness though, but try not to stress, I'm sure you'll hear back this week. Also, for what it's worth, I know a lot of admissions offices were closed during the holidays, so I'm sure applications sent in between Dec 23- Jan 4 are lumped in with the batch sent in early Jan. Good luck I hope you hear good news soon! 

On 1/14/2021 at 5:32 PM, ColeMSW said:

Congrats to you as well! I am not too sure, hopefully within the upcoming weeks we hear something. 

Congrats to both of you! I also received my letter of acceptance to Columbia last week! Is anyone else a bit stressed about the time frame they gave to respond? They asked me to respond by Feb 16, and I I feel like I won't have heard back from the other schools I'm waiting on by then. Also, on their website it says they only get info from FAFSA for financial aid packages on Feb 15, so am I misunderstanding something?

Congrats again!

I am also super stressed about the Feb 16th deadline and really hope I hear back from other programs before then! I also emailed the financial aid office and the award package is supposed to be in within 2 weeks so hopefully that will lower the cost. I know the answers are somewhere on here... but is the cost worth it? I am extremely stressed about the high cost of CSSW but I am hoping that the networking, internships and reputation will help. Im planning on moving out west after getting my MSW degree and I'm thinking the Columbia name will help me get my foot in the door. My sister goes to Princeton for undergrad right now and she has amazing opportunities and has incredible, talented and top-in-in-their field professors (so has great chances to network) so I'm hoping Columbia would be the same? 

Edited by Elizabeth Boylan

Just popping in again to say that I applied to priority deadlines with Columbia on Dec. 1 and didn't receive my acceptance until like March 5th. I was freaked out for many-a-months thinking it meant I was like shadow waitlisted. The reality is, they get to everyone's applications at different rates so be patient. I called their office probably 4 times making sure I didn’t miss anything, too, because last year they accidentally allowed all of us access to the admitted students seminar scheduling. Talk about false hope.  

UPenn responded the fastest by far, offering me admission the day after my interview. UWashington got back to me in like mid-April after I'd already accepted CU's offer. Every other program took on average 3-5 weeks I'd say. 

I went totally insane waiting, but most schools update around 5pm their time on weekdays, so I paid specific attention at that time and it rarely yielded results. Try to make sure you aren't hyperfocused, you'll find out eventually :)

(I deferred to 2021 due to COVID)

1 hour ago, OrangeJuice14 said:

Hey! Just out of curiosity, the people that have been accepted to Columbia already - which concentration and field of practice did you choose from?

I chose the On Campus Advanced Clinical Social Work Concentration with the Family, Youth and Children's Services field of practice!

On 1/17/2021 at 10:37 AM, OrangeJuice14 said:

Yes I was shocked with the quick turn around. I heard back on the 13th. I wouldn't be too worried, after reading through forum's from past years it seems like its a mixed bag on when admissions decisions are sent out. I totally feel your eagerness though, but try not to stress, I'm sure you'll hear back this week. Also, for what it's worth, I know a lot of admissions offices were closed during the holidays, so I'm sure applications sent in between Dec 23- Jan 4 are lumped in with the batch sent in early Jan. Good luck I hope you hear good news soon! 

Thanks for the encouragement! Around what time did you get an email saying there was an update to your portal? I've been checking my portal like crazy so trying to figure out the time frame lol. NYU's one of my top choices!

Has anyone applied to Smith's MSW program and heard back? From past years it looks like the might only send out answers in Feb but I am dying of anticipation. 

I also applied to Columbia, NYU, and UT Austin and haven't heard back yet... sending hugs to all the other ppl on here anxiously waiting! 

I did get into DU very quickly after applying, so at least I'm going somewhere :) Good luck to us all!!