30 minutes ago, MiaSLP said:

Hey everyone! I received a first round offer to UofT and was waitlisted at Western, Dalhousie and McGill. I was in the first quadrant of the Western waitlist and ended up recieving an offer. I also received an offer to McGill as well. However, I will be attending UofT. Good luck everyone! Stay positive ❤️

Hey by first round do you mean you were the first round off the waitlist? I’m asking because I have been accepted off the waitlist but still don’t see anything on orpas.  Just wanted to confirm if it was just me or does it take a few days for orpas to update.

Just now, Amy251 said:

Hey by first round do you mean you were the first round off the waitlist? I’m asking because I have been accepted off the waitlist but still don’t see anything on orpas.  Just wanted to confirm if it was just me or does it take a few days for orpas to update.

Sorry! I meant I got an acceptance without being put on a waitlist. 

On 4/20/2021 at 1:29 PM, Quote_Actual said:

I just got off the waitlist for Dal! Funny enough, they never contacted me so I didnt know I was on the waitlist. For those who havent heard from them, youre probably on the waitlist too! I already accepted else where, so I will be declining the offer, opening the spot to someone else :) 

Did they email you to let you know that you were off of the waitlist?

On 4/21/2021 at 5:05 PM, coco_SLP said:

Not me (as I had already been accepted) but there's been a couple people join the Facebook page we have over the last week who say they got accepted off the waitlist, so there has been some movement!

I also know for UofA there's no deposit, so some people might be holding onto an acceptance there and then might end up declining if they choose to go elsewhere. 

I hope you hear back soon and get in! :)

How many members are there in the group/do you know how many UofA is accepting? I'm just curious if there are even spots left at this stage. I know some people find out later as people shuffle around schools based on waitlists/potentially change their mind or don't complete the requirements of their conditional offer. 

Hi everyone!! Just a reminder that over the last couple years there has been movement in waitlists till June (sometimes even later). It has only been a couple days so far for waitlist offers so dont get discouraged yet! Most schools only contacts a few people at a time and give them 24 hours to respond before moving onto the next people on the waitlist (sometimes only one person at a time). Also some schools are working through their SLP and AUD waitlists at the same time which does slow it down as well!

47 minutes ago, Streblo said:

How many members are there in the group/do you know how many UofA is accepting? I'm just curious if there are even spots left at this stage. I know some people find out later as people shuffle around schools based on waitlists/potentially change their mind or don't complete the requirements of their conditional offer. 

There's only 28 people in the U of A FB group, and I think the actual cohort should be in the 50's!

1 hour ago, SLP-hopefully said:

Hi everyone!! Just a reminder that over the last couple years there has been movement in waitlists till June (sometimes even later). It has only been a couple days so far for waitlist offers so dont get discouraged yet! Most schools only contacts a few people at a time and give them 24 hours to respond before moving onto the next people on the waitlist (sometimes only one person at a time). Also some schools are working through their SLP and AUD waitlists at the same time which does slow it down as well!

do you have any infos about Uottawa's waitlist in the past few years ? thanks or you can dm me ! :) 

1 hour ago, Wugs said:

There's only 28 people in the U of A FB group, and I think the actual cohort should be in the 50's!

1 hour ago, Streblo said:

That's really encouraging news, thanks!

I'd like to add on that I know some people in the group were still debating between schools when they joined a few weeks ago, and so some of them may have ended up declining UofA but not left the group yet (I know of at least one like this, so there could be more). So, there definitely still might be more spots opening up. Past forums show several people usually getting accepted places in May, and some even all the way until August (although that's much more unlikely) but there's definitely still several weeks left where it's likely more offers will be sent out.

1 hour ago, SpeechGirl1212 said:

I got off DAL's waitlist today and will be accepting their offer :) I am beyond excited! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Yay congrats! That must be such a big relief. I’m just wondering, did they email you? I’m currently on the waitlist and waiting is killing me. 

24 minutes ago, SpeechieAlly said:

Does anybody know what quadrant has received offers from Western so far? Have they only made it through the 1st quadrant?

Yes for now it seems to be only first quadrant, hopefully towards the end. It's possible that 7-8 people got off the waitlist this week. Assuming that the first quadrant should have a lot of good candidates that maybe were accepted elsewhere, if they don't get to the second quadrant soon it means that the quadrants are huge :( I'm in the 3rd and I'm very close to giving up hope. 

On 4/21/2021 at 5:35 PM, JustSpeachy said:

I think it would be foolish to decline, especially since there are very few Audiology programs (and I would probably only apply to Western, if I chose to go that route). Anyone have any thoughts/advice?

Hey, I applied to both SLP and audiology this year! I have 20 hours of SLP volunteer experience and a big fat 0 in audiology. My subGPA is a 3.81 and I got immediately accepted to U of T (SLP), Western (Aud) and Dalhousie (Aud). I also got off the waitlist for Dal (SLP). Moral of the story I think Aud is much less competitive and, maybe bc of covid, they obviously did not seem to care that I had no experience! 

I started off in SLP but after some volunteer experience that I did not enjoy, I had my doubts. I started doing research and talking to ppl on reddit and for a whole slew of reasons (that I could tell you if you want, DM me!), I decided that Aud was actually the route for me. Hope this helps! 

Got an interesting email from U of A today... I emailed them a month ago to ask where my application went wrong/ what I could improve, and turns out they made a miscalculation when reviewing my app! They meant to offer me a spot on their waitlist. Won’t take them up on it as I already accepted western but very interesting! 

26 minutes ago, SLPapplicant22 said:

Got an interesting email from U of A today... I emailed them a month ago to ask where my application went wrong/ what I could improve, and turns out they made a miscalculation when reviewing my app! They meant to offer me a spot on their waitlist. Won’t take them up on it as I already accepted western but very interesting! 

That is really interesting. I wonder how they managed to make that mistake/if that means you were on their internal waitlist and they didn't tell you, or if they were intending to now add you and either bump someone or extend their list to 36 instead of 35.