2021 Computational Biology/Bioinformatics/Systems Biology PhD Admissions

tzenst

23 hours ago, Sky_china said:

any future computational biologist and doctors want to do interview prep with each other ? I need to prepare for it ..

we may talk via wechat

1 UT-Health, SBMI, biomedical info(interview 12/19)
2 UChicago, GGSB
3 Scripps, Skaggs-Oxford Program(interview 12/23)
4 UCLA, Medical Informatics(Bioinformatics)
5 UMich, Bioinformatics PIBS(rej 12/22)
6 Gatech, BME-Bioinformatics
7 UPitt, CPCB( CMU CBD)
8 UW, BIME, BHI
9 University of Waterloo, Computer Science
10 UCI, Information&Computer Science, MCSB
11 USC, Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
12 TTIC
13  UCI, CS

Edited by crchen

I applied to PennState bioinformatic and comp Bio but I haven heard yet. I submitted on Dec 7th right at deadline. I think I will get rejected. Im US applicant 

10 hours ago, Crescendo3883 said:

Congratulations! By the way, may I ask if you are domestic student? This year, it is so hard to see a international student who got invitation from Harvard BIG.

I'm domestic. It seemed like a mass email from the letter but they may be sending out a second batch later specifically to international students.

2 hours ago, compbiodude said:

Here's my update

I:

wustl DBBS, NYU comp bio UCLA Bioinformatics, UMASS

Rejection:

University of washington

in waitT:

tri i

harvard big

mit csv

does anyone know by any chance if interviews arre still being given for tri-i and big?

wondering which UW program did you apply for.

I have applied for UW BIME BHI

For those of you that got invited to interview with Yale, what was the nature of the interview and has it happened yet? One of the faculty contacted me to meet, but explicitly told me that it wasn't an official interview. I was also invited to recruitment weekend yesterday. 

I saw some people getting interview requests from Yale on the 17th, but I hadn't heard anything from Yale's admissions until yesterday, so I am wondering if interviews are necessary for admission or at least invitation to recruitment events? 

It would certainly help put me stay hopeful, as I have yet to hear from any of the other schools I applied to. 

Edited by bndrew

I was wondering has anyone heard back from UCLA medical informatics?

I also applied last year and was rejected post-interview. Last time I received interview via email on Jan, 1st from a professor that I mentioned in the application.  Have no idea whether they've sent out interviews this year...

25 minutes ago, InferenceII said:

I was wondering has anyone heard back from UCLA medical informatics?

I also applied last year and was rejected post-interview. Last time I received interview via email on Jan, 1st from a professor that I mentioned in the application.  Have no idea whether they've sent out interviews this year...

I haven't heard anything yet!

On 12/29/2020 at 2:49 PM, bndrew said:

For those of you that got invited to interview with Yale, what was the nature of the interview and has it happened yet? One of the faculty contacted me to meet, but explicitly told me that it wasn't an official interview. I was also invited to recruitment weekend yesterday. 

I saw some people getting interview requests from Yale on the 17th, but I hadn't heard anything from Yale's admissions until yesterday, so I am wondering if interviews are necessary for admission or at least invitation to recruitment events? 

It would certainly help put me stay hopeful, as I have yet to hear from any of the other schools I applied to. 

From Yale I only heard from them on the 17th as an invite to their recruitment weekend, never heard from any individual professors. I think you should definitely be hopeful! As long as you got an invite to the recruitment weekend you are in as good of standing as anyone else who did and who knows it might even be better to get to speak to a professor individually. 

19 hours ago, sea_cactus said:

From Yale I only heard from them on the 17th as an invite to their recruitment weekend, never heard from any individual professors. I think you should definitely be hopeful! As long as you got an invite to the recruitment weekend you are in as good of standing as anyone else who did and who knows it might even be better to get to speak to a professor individually. 

Thanks for the response! I'll definitely be going to the session on the 29th, hope to see you there!

Happy new years!

23 hours ago, winterishere2020 said:

Did anyone here apply for JHU BME? Does anyone have any idea of when exactly they are going to send out invites?

Don't know about BME but biostats is supposed to come mid-way January according to last year Grad cafe posts. Maybe similar dates? Don't know how reliable that is.

On 1/2/2021 at 10:00 PM, winterishere2020 said:

Did anyone here apply for JHU BME? Does anyone have any idea of when exactly they are going to send out invites?

Just got an informal interview from a professor today. He asked to meet before Thursday so I'm guessing the formal interviews will come next week or so. 

On 12/26/2020 at 9:10 AM, KellyTD said:

I applied to PennState bioinformatic and comp Bio but I haven heard yet. I submitted on Dec 7th right at deadline. I think I will get rejected. Im US applicant 

Did you mean the BG program? I received an initial interview invitation email on Dec 19th, and the official virtual recruiting event is on Jan 15th. 

1 hour ago, shingojira said:

Did you mean the BG program? I received an initial interview invitation email on Dec 19th, and the official virtual recruiting event is on Jan 15th. 

PennState - bioinformatic and genomic program. Yes ???? I havent heard a word. @.@