DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

Just now, Humbd said:

What are you guys discussing? The total number of applicants for the Master in all academic disciplines? 

yes, in my country

4 minutes ago, Verner said:

yes, in my country

437 people applying just from your country? ?

Here the DAAD scholarships are not that known. Just met one person that applied, and look that I participate in some groups around the internet relating to that. 

15 minutes ago, Humbd said:

437 people applying just from your country? ?

Here the DAAD scholarships are not that known. Just met one person that applied, and look that I participate in some groups around the internet relating to that. 

yes, as far as know the number of Azerbaijani Applicants hit the record this year and is in the 2nd place.

1 hour ago, Verner said:

I have heard like that as well. But in the rejection letter it is written that 7 out of 77 in scientific field have been chosen. But the total number of interviewed applicants was 39. It is pretty confusing. :(

uhm, what does the scientific field mean in this case btw? all fields from master all disciplines or a narrower spectrum? cause if only 7 people out of 437 got selected the competition is pretty toough

16 minutes ago, nmest said:

uhm, what does the scientific field mean in this case btw? all fields from master all disciplines or a narrower spectrum? cause if only 7 people out of 437 got selected the competition is pretty toough

I do not know exactly what they mean by scientific fields. That is also sth that confuses me pretty much.

Edited by Verner

3 minutes ago, RosieGrr said:

Do you know where to see the stats for other countries?

I asked it our local office. Additionally, in the first stage the ones who got rejected received an email and there it was written that there were 437 applicants and only 39 of them passed to the interview stage.

13 hours ago, Verner said:

Guys, I have just heard that some candidates from my country got rejections on the portal.
(Azerbaijan, Master for all disciplines)

Any news from other countries in this region (Georgia, Armenia, Uzbekistan .etc)?

No news. Uzbekistan.

I asked the information officer about timeline for rejection letter, she said the rejection letter will be announced earlier only the candidate do not meet the requirements which is obvious I guess but the rejection after selection made will be announced after the award letters which is unlike what her boss say last week that rejection letter will come out before award letter which match to the situation people are informing in this forum that rejection letter is announced 1 week or day or a few hours before award letter.

Huh, waiting is anxiety.

55 minutes ago, valeryk74 said:

Georgia got yesterday rejections. The status has changed. 

Do you mean the status "Application rejected" or did you also get "Funding"status?

17 minutes ago, baggyjeans said:

Update for Master all disciplines, East Asia region: Yesterday afternoon I got an email from DAAD Bonn that I got the scholarship! I am so happy that now I have less financial burden during my studies

Wish luck to everyone here who waited anxiously with me?

Congratulations ?????? 

24 minutes ago, baggyjeans said:

Update for Master all disciplines, East Asia region: Yesterday afternoon I got an email from DAAD Bonn that I got the scholarship! I am so happy that now I have less financial burden during my studies

Wish luck to everyone here who waited anxiously with me?

Congratulations

25 minutes ago, Zhama said:

I've just got the results. Reserve candidate. Sigh... What are actually the chances to get the scholarship? I think it's impossible that someone may deny this kind of offer. Do you guys know anyone who got scholarship after being reserved?

My country is Kyrgyzstan.

1 hour ago, Ersze said:

I just heard back - didn't get it but I'm a reserve candidate. Oh well!

I've read on the Facebook group (DAAD scholarships), at least twice, about reserved candidates who got the scholarship in the end. I am aware that these are just two random experiences/cases, but there's definitely a possibility!

Hi guys, did any of the PhD applicants here received a German Lesson enrollment from Carl Duisberg? I didn't receive anything from DAAD yet but I just got an email that I got enrolled for German lesson under "Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst"

From Asia Pacific Region